More devilbunnies distribution info

Bill Keyes

May 12, 1994, 6:16:37 AM5/12/94
A few people have written asking what all this means, so I thought I'd just
make a general post and tell all of you at once. So if you asked, here's the
answer, it's not coming in the mail. =)

> +-- Ranking
> | +-- Estimated total number of people who read the group, worldwide.
> | | +-- Actual number of readers in sampled population
> V V V V V V V V V
>1924 27000 203 48% 1162 2052.5 17% 0.05 0.5% alt.devilbunnies

> Xould you please sum up to me, ABOUT what this means. GOod? Bad? Not?

Pretty good. Out of some 2800+ newsgroups, we rank #1924. An estimated
27,000 people read the group (I don't know where they get this #). They
asked 50,000 people what groups they read, and 203 indicated alt.dbs. About
48% of all newssites in the world recieve alt.dbs (quite high for an alt
group, average is about 42%). Alt.dbs costs the US government an estimated
5 cents a month to keep up, and 1/2 of 1% of all newsreaders read alt.dbs.
I think the xpost percentage is skewed higher than normal, due to the recent
invasion...

Overall, quite good for an obscure alt.group. =)

I'm rather suprised by the numbers myself. Like Doug said, I can't beleive
27 grand read alt.dbs, even 200 seems like a lot. =)

Are there really 203 of you out there???

Bill.

* Bill Keyes /\ * bke...@lamar.colostate.edu *
* c////////=================|__|=> * "There is special providence *
* NoCoAnDeBHQ Commander & / \ * in the fall of a Bunny." *
* Bunny hunter Extreme <______> * -Shakespeare, Hamlet, V.ii. *

John Chaffey

May 12, 1994, 8:13:53 AM5/12/94

In a previous article, bke...@lamar.ColoState.EDU (Bill Keyes) says:

>> Xould you please sum up to me, ABOUT what this means. GOod? Bad? Not?
>
>Pretty good. Out of some 2800+ newsgroups, we rank #1924. An estimated
>27,000 people read the group (I don't know where they get this #). They

Hello, Bill. Just taking a break while FluffyTeacher is in the "Little
Doe's Room. In my Freenet, there are over 4200 newsgroups. So I guess
alt.db's is in the top half (more or less).

>Are there really 203 of you out there???

Well, I don't know about the others, but there are 203 of me out here,
that's for sure.

Oh! Gotta go. Hi, FluffyTeacher.! Say, you wanna invite some of your
friends over? I could learn some more cuteness exercises, like biting my
lower lip and looking down at the ground while doing "the washing machine"
with my body - I like that one when you do it.....

Dan Howell

May 12, 1994, 1:00:10 PM5/12/94
:
: I'm rather suprised by the numbers myself. Like Doug said, I can't beleive

: 27 grand read alt.dbs, even 200 seems like a lot. =)
:
: Are there really 203 of you out there???
:
: Bill.
:

Gunns think newscontrol count Henries.

Gunns. **ADBOff -..and Gunns knows all about multiple personalities. ADBOn***

John Chaffey

May 15, 1994, 7:56:57 AM5/15/94

In a previous article, Derik Bunny () says:

>Mummy isn't a Bad Bunny! She's a good bunny! Just ask Unca Jinx or
>Unca LonGears! They all like it when she wiggles they tell me! (oops,
>they told me never to say that in front of other people..)
>
>'An... 'an.. 'an I'm not evil! I'm Cute(TM)!
>
>Unca Johnnie, maybe.. maybe I can stop by after I go visit all these
>people, 'an I can come and visit Baby Alexander? Puh-Leeese?
>
>[FluffyQuiverBambiEyes]

Of course you're Cute(TM)!, Derik. Do du cootest diddo bunny I ever saw!
Yes u am! (Whisker tweaking)

You come and see Baby Alexander as SOOOOOOOON as u can!

John Chaffey

May 14, 1994, 9:13:21 PM5/14/94

In a previous article, bke...@lamar.ColoState.EDU (Bill Keyes) says:

>Remember your training John! Remember what you dedicated your life to
>destroying! The Evil that Fluffs is out there, John, and you -- YOU --
>must help us in our never-ending quest to destroy it!

Remember my training? Sure I remember.... I took the train all the way to
Vancouver once. I didn't get to drive - just blow the whistle. Oh, it
was fun. I skipped up and down the train, I licked a big ice cream cone,
and got some ON MY NOSE!, I put my hands behind my back, tilted my head to
one side, looked up (with my eyes only), and asked the conductor where the
orchestra was. How he laughed! I had to kill him, of course, because he
was a symp - there was a whole load of dustbunnies in the second last
boxcar - no danger now, of course.

>Alright, John, listen to me. If you can't bring yourself to *pop*ping the
>little cutie, then just get rid of her. Throw her out, turn the defenses
>back on so she can't get in again.

Bill, FluffyTeacher is telling me all about the devilbunny culture. It's
just... different... that's all. Oh, ya, sure, they kill humans, but...
jeez.. it's hard to determine who deserves to live more - us, who produce
country line dancing, or them, who go <wigglewigglefluffpout>?

>Then think about it, John. Just think about the evil that her cuteness
>represents.

Well, I always thought that cuteness was the seduction that made us
vulnerable to evil and death.. but... what the hey.

>Think about it for me, John. Remember, I'm your friend. Do it for me.

Weeee--eeeellll......
Let me just see if she'll invite any other important bunnies over - I'd
really like to talk to them, first. I'll get back to ya..

Bill Keyes

May 14, 1994, 5:09:09 AM5/14/94
>destroying! The Evil that Fluffs is out there, John, and you -- YOU --

Oops! Forgot the (tm) after The Evil That Fluffs (tm)... Sorry, you know
how lawyers are... =)

Bill Keyes

May 14, 1994, 4:54:51 AM5/14/94
John Chaffey writes:
>Oh! Gotta go. Hi, FluffyTeacher.! Say, you wanna invite some of your
>friends over? I could learn some more cuteness exercises, like biting my
>lower lip and looking down at the ground while doing "the washing machine"
>with my body - I like that one when you do it.....

John, listen to me very carefully. I know how wonderful it is when you see
a doe (especially one so cute as FT) gyrating her lower body... but remember
this: She is a BAD BUNNY!

Remember your training John! Remember what you dedicated your life to

destroying! The Evil that Fluffs is out there, John, and you -- YOU --

must help us in our never-ending quest to destroy it!

Alright, John, listen to me. If you can't bring yourself to *pop*ping the

little cutie, then just get rid of her. Throw her out, turn the defenses
back on so she can't get in again.

Then think about it, John. Just think about the evil that her cuteness
represents.

Think about it for me, John. Remember, I'm your friend. Do it for me.

Bill.

derik_bunny

Bill Keyes

May 15, 1994, 5:11:30 AM5/15/94
John Chaffey writes:
>I had to kill him, of course, because he
>was a symp - there was a whole load of dustbunnies in the second last
>boxcar - no danger now, of course.

<sighs and wipes his brow in relief> Yes. Yes... there is still hope!

>Bill, FluffyTeacher is telling me all about the devilbunny culture. It's
>just... different... that's all. Oh, ya, sure, they kill humans, but...
>jeez.. it's hard to determine who deserves to live more - us, who produce
>country line dancing, or them, who go <wigglewigglefluffpout>?

You are quite right about the country line dancing, John. Something we should
all think about.

>Well, I always thought that cuteness was the seduction that made us
>vulnerable to evil and death.. but... what the hey.

Right right. Sorry. You are quite right. Thank you, John. It is these
small details that we should all keep in mind at all times in our never-
ending war.

>Weeee--eeeellll......

Yes?

>Let me just see if she'll invite any other important bunnies over - I'd
>really like to talk to them, first. I'll get back to ya..

Arg! John... come back to us! Sic semper tyrranus et cunniculo daemoniacus!

regula...@mentat.warren.com

May 15, 1994, 5:49:19 AM5/15/94
Derik Bunny writes:
>Mummy isn't a Bad Bunny! She's a good bunny!

oOh yYYess! SsSheS' a *vErry8 GoOD BumNii! VeRr Vyry gOOd!!11! hehehehehe
<wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle!!!>

>'An... 'an.. 'an I'm not evil! I'm Cute(TM)!

oF CorSe yOOrnott Eval, liTlebuN! <fluffybounce>

>[FluffyQuiverBambiEyes]

ooH, HoWw CyuT!!11!!! <twitchearflop>

ReFUlarBunnI

| Regular Bunny | Hangin' at the Mentat's pad |
| Jusst ann averige, orddinarie bunnie | Reglul...@bunix.sfu.ca |
| Nott a sppy or anything... hhonnest! | No... reallly! |
| A vicctemm of the FUDDS schemes | Thuss ever the DB's tyrrrany! |

Unknown

May 18, 1994, 12:46:58 PM5/18/94
|> In a previous article, Derik Bunny () says:
|>
|> [FluffyQuiverBambiEyes]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awwwwwwwwww! How can anyone NOT love 'em?!? >:)

-- General LonGears

Jason Farris

May 20, 1994, 1:23:46 AM5/20/94
(General LonGears) writes:

Aw crud, LonGears, you gave me a straight line :)
Simple, you not love 'em by hating them.
The way any sane human should hate all devilbunnies.
Including cute kits who will grow up to be new leaders.
(the heat in S. America is making me cranky, I think :)

J Ryan the Avenger jfa...@osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu
Get the DB FAQs at xmission.com in /pub/users/snowhare

Unknown

May 20, 1994, 5:36:15 PM5/20/94
In article <Cq35n...@osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu>, jfa...@osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu (Jason Farris) writes:

|> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|> >Awwwwwwwwww! How can anyone NOT love 'em?!? >:)
|> >-- General LonGears
|>
|> Aw crud, LonGears, you gave me a straight line :)
|> Simple, you not love 'em by hating them.
|> The way any sane human should hate all devilbunnies.

Awwww, *look* at him, though, J. Ryan! BAMBI-EYES!!!
Even *I* melt when I see an itty-bitty-baby bunny making
BAMBI EYES! I ...

Harumph. Um, as I was saying, they *are* darned cute!!!

-- General LonGears

daphnie_mentat

May 21, 1994, 3:54:26 AM5/21/94
(General LonGears) writes:

>Even *I* melt when I see an itty-bitty-baby bunny making
>BAMBI EYES! I ...

[BigBrightBeautifulBambiEyes] Uncle LonGears? um [HestitantShyHop] I
understand that your military decryption programs are among the best in
the whole world? [ProudToBeABunnyFluff] Could maybe um [bigSoftShinyEyes]
could maybe I look at them sometime? [ShySmileWink]

-----
Daphnie Mentat

Unknown

May 23, 1994, 2:35:20 PM5/23/94

Awwwww! Isn't that ADORABLE?!? She seems *so* grown up, at times! Reminds
me of her grand... <snif> No, mustn't think about our losses! <shake fur>

BunnyMentat.

How I miss him. Sure, we had our differences -- but he was such an effective
force for us ... for all buns. I still feel his loss. I wake up some mornings
and still can't really accept he's gone. <SadTwitch>

<Ahem!>

Why of course, Daphne! I'm glad to see you showing such an interest in these
things. However, you MUST promise never to tell any of these secrets to our
enemies and to ONLY use your knowledge for the good of Bunnies everywhere!
You are an exceptionally intelligent kit and I'm glad to help in whatever way
I can to help you achieve your potential.

-- Uncle LonGears

daphnie_mentat

May 25, 1994, 4:17:13 AM5/25/94
(General LonGears) writes:

>Daphnie Mentat writes:
>|>
>|> [BigBrightBeautifulBambiEyes] Uncle LonGears? um [HestitantShyHop] I
>|> understand that your military decryption programs are among the best in
>|> the whole world? [ProudToBeABunnyFluff] Could maybe um [bigSoftShinyEyes]
>|> could maybe I look at them sometime? [ShySmileWink]
>
>Awwwww! Isn't that ADORABLE?!? She seems *so* grown up, at times! Reminds
>me of her grand... <snif> No, mustn't think about our losses! <shake fur>
>BunnyMentat.

[sniffchokebackasob]

>How I miss him. Sure, we had our differences -- but he was such an effective
>force for us ... for all buns. I still feel his loss. I wake up some mornings
>and still can't really accept he's gone. <SadTwitch>

I know just how you feel, Uncle LonGears. I miss him sometimes, when I lay
awake at night and think of him, and all he did for the cause of the bunnies.
My brothers and sister just don't understand. [sniffpout]

>Why of course, Daphne! I'm glad to see you showing such an interest in these
>things. However, you MUST promise never to tell any of these secrets to our
>enemies and to ONLY use your knowledge for the good of Bunnies everywhere!
>You are an exceptionally intelligent kit and I'm glad to help in whatever way
>I can to help you achieve your potential.

[bouncefluffwiggle] Really! Yahoo! [aside to Derik] We're going to make
a stop at Uncle LonGears' warren, too, OK? Mark that on the map. [giggle]
I promise I won't ever tell any of the evil nasty fudds about our codes!
Mentat's honor!

-----
Daphnie Mentat