Web Graphic Designer Alert

agoracos...@on.aibn.com

Feb 22, 2006, 7:36:09 AM2/22/06
Web Graphic Designer Alert

re: Nancy Shaver

PLEASE NOTE THAT WIKIPEDIA.ORG IS BEING ADMINISTERED BY A GROUP OF
INDIVIDUALS WHO USE PSYEUDONYMS, who support apparent partisan
vendettas.

Notwithstanding this, PLEASE NOTE: SOME INFORMATION POSTED to
WIKIPEDIA.ORG appears to have been posted BY NANCY SHAVER WHO IS AN
APPARENT GREED-DRIVEN SERIAL DISSEMBLER.

She claims to be a professional graphic designer yet she has NO
APPARENT DEGREE BACKGROUND IN WEB DESIGN and corresponding
accreditation, re: www.attentionseekers.ca

NotMe

Feb 22, 2006, 8:16:09 AM2/22/06

<agoracosmopolite@

And your point?

As for a degree that only shows that the individual named has been exposed
to the respective world view of a few who teach the subject not that there
is an innate talent.

As to a GREED-DRIVEN SERIAL DISSEMBLER just what might that be and does it
come in a turbo version?

na...@flora.org

Feb 23, 2006, 12:14:48 AM2/23/06

Ah, Raymond Samuels II is having a grand old slander day. Angry,
Raymond? It's the evil Nancy herself responding here. Raymond, it's a
good thing I keep an auto-alert on you.

Raymond is still mad at me for winning a court case against him (case
66244-00, Ontario Small Claims). Not that he actually paid the
judgement or anything- he owes over $5,000 for website design I did for
him back in 2000. He scampered without paying, I sued and won. He's
in contempt of court. When I tried to collect on the judgement, he
unleashed a flurry of vexatious suits in both Small claims court and in
Federal Court! I can post more info if anyone is interested.

His past is starting to catch up with him (not that that means I've
collected any of the money he owes me yet, sob), and that's not making
him very happy I guess. Some of his names (he goes by several) are
Raymond Samuels, Raymond Samuels II, and H. Raymond Carby-Samuels II.
He's hoping to be prime minister someday- see his political party site
at http://www.agoracosmopolite.com/ . There's actually a whole raft of
amusing web ventures he's involved in, I can post those too for anyone
who is interested, just let me know.

Raymond, here's a tip: Pay the judgement! You lost a court case! You
like to threaten people with lawsuits but sometimes it backfires, they
sue you and you lose. Pay up! For someone who wants to change the
world through "social justice", you might try starting with yourself.

Nancy

Connie Pierce

Feb 23, 2006, 2:00:20 AM2/23/06
In article <1140671688.5...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<na...@flora.org> wrote:

> His past is starting to catch up with him (not that that means I've
> collected any of the money he owes me yet, sob), and that's not making
> him very happy I guess. Some of his names (he goes by several) are
> Raymond Samuels, Raymond Samuels II, and H. Raymond Carby-Samuels II.
> He's hoping to be prime minister someday- see his political party site
> at http://www.agoracosmopolite.com/ . There's actually a whole raft of
> amusing web ventures he's involved in, I can post those too for anyone
> who is interested, just let me know.

At the risk of getting smacked in the head, did you design that site?
It's really nice - I liked it (evn though I'm about as political as a
hedgehog! LOL).

If he is who you say he is and has done what you say he has, he'll get
nothing but flaming and harassment from us here. We have clients that
don't pay as well, and we have to stick together.

Rather foolish of him to post here, wasn't it? Perhaps he didn't pay
out of stupidity??

--
C Pierce
Creative Veritas

NotMe

Feb 23, 2006, 6:13:53 AM2/23/06

nancy@<snip> wrote in message

Don't know the laws where you are but down my way we've been able to use
copyright law to pull the plug. (no pay and there are no transfer of
license rights it's in the contract. That's worked in every instance. With
a judgment in the back pocket we might have placed a lean or even seized the
domain name but as copyright law forced payment we've never tested the
domain option.

SpaceGirl

Feb 23, 2006, 10:58:14 AM2/23/06

So? Hands up how many designers in here have "aparant defree background
in web design". Almost all of the designers I know have SOME background
in art, but not usually degree level - hobbiests mostly. I dont have a
degree in design, but a have a-list clients. I'm curious, if you
dislike this person so much, what qualifies YOU? :)

Davide Montellanico

Feb 23, 2006, 11:30:18 AM2/23/06

<agoracos...@on.aibn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Personally I prefer background skills rather than degrees! And I'm a
teacher, go figure!

--
Davide

NotMe

Feb 23, 2006, 8:02:17 PM2/23/06

"SpaceGirl"

| agoracosmopolite@| > Web Graphic Designer Alert

I have a lot of design experience with patents as well ... but in electronic
engineering does that help my prospects in the graphic arts field?

tomasio

Feb 24, 2006, 9:09:50 AM2/24/06
na...@flora.org schrieb:

>[..]

>Raymond, here's a tip: Pay the judgement! You lost a court case! You
>like to threaten people with lawsuits but sometimes it backfires, they
>sue you and you lose. Pay up! For someone who wants to change the
>world through "social justice", you might try starting with yourself.
>
>Nancy

I guess you told the correct story, Nancy. Otherwise the guy would
have made a response. I hate clients who don't pay, luckily I had only
two of them who did it to me.
--
kind regards,
tomasio

James Douglas

Feb 24, 2006, 6:34:20 PM2/24/06
And when was the last time you posted something to Wikipedia?

Fred Doyle

Feb 24, 2006, 7:49:28 PM2/24/06
"James Douglas" <james....@genesis-software.com> wrote

> And when was the last time you posted something to Wikipedia?

Never! But if it will give you an idea of the quality of information in
Wikipedia, I am cited as an information source.
http://tinyurl.com/mc4qw

I hope all you good people know better than to believe anything I have to
say.

--
Fred Doyle

tomasio

Feb 25, 2006, 4:31:18 AM2/25/06
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:49:28 GMT, "Fred Doyle" <fdo...@nycap.rr.com>
wrote:

I was curious and followed the link, but I could not find your Name
("Fred Doyle" on the citation list there:
># Hughes, Bob. DC Timeline. Retrieved on August 9, 2005.
># ^ Ibid.
># Ingersoll, Bob (May 31, 1985). "The Law is a Ass" Installment # 66. Comics Buyer's Guide issue # 602. Retrieved from http://www.worldfamouscomics.com/law/back20001024.shtml on June 19, 2005. Detailed summary of the cases and rulings related to National Comics Publications v. Fawcett Publishing.
># ^ Ibid.
># ^ Gore, Matthew H. The Origins of Marvelman. Retrieved June 17, 2005. Excerpt: "With avenues of appeal still open but their outcome obvious after the first court ruled for National Periodicals, Fawcett Publications settled out of court in late-1953. Fawcett agreed to cease publication of all Captain Marvel related titles. However, Fawcett's decision to give up the legal battle came when all of the company's superhero titles were reporting greatly diminished sales was no circumstance."
># ^ "The World's Mightiest Mortal & Big Red Cheese". The Museum of Comic Book Advertising. Retrieved June 17, 2005. Excerpt: "In 1953, the case was finally settled out of court when Fawcett agreed to quit using the Captain Marvel character(s) and pay DC the sum of $400,000."

So, where did you contribute to wikipedia now? And even more
interesting: Where does Nancy Shaw show up there??

Just curious.

kind regards,
--
tomasio