Dish Network Research Panel #@&*%$

Just Bob

Dec 4, 2010, 11:09:42 AM12/4/10
I received an email to join. I went through the registration process and
downloaded software as my PC met the requirments by having Windows 7.

Then I was instructed to go to Dish Home on my receiver. Select the
service menu and then select Dish Panel. The Dish Panel was not there. I
checked the trouble shooting on the registrartion. Guess what??? My only
receiver a VIP222k was not on the list of supported receivers. I then
uninstalled the software and canceled my Reasearch Panel Registration.

THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME DISH!!!

Just Bob

Dec 4, 2010, 1:07:01 PM12/4/10
Email received:

The DISH Network Research Panel is currently in beta test phase and, as
a valued DISH Network customer, we are extending you an exclusive
invitation to join the Panel and give us your feedback.

This limited launch is by invitation only. As a member, you will have
the opportunity to earn ongoing rewards, such as free Pay-Per-View
movies and chances to win valuable prizes.

Thank you,

DISH Network Research Panel

Just Bob

Dec 4, 2010, 2:43:16 PM12/4/10

John

Dec 4, 2010, 3:42:59 PM12/4/10
Just Bob wrote:
> Website:
>
> https://panel.dishnetwork.com/portal/

Before anyone signs up for this I highly advise you to read the terms of
the agreement for the software that you HAVE to install before you can
take part in this panel. A third party vendor will be able to monitor
ALL of your internet activity. They have some wording about credit card
and banking information that they may collect but, frankly, I just don't
trust a vendor that collects ALL my internet activity. Who knows where
or who may get a hold of that data?

John

AMUN

Dec 5, 2010, 8:08:41 PM12/5/10

Aw cmon,....This is from DISH.
And we all know Dish would NEVER take advantage of their customers, or make
extra bucks at their expense.

Pepper

Dec 6, 2010, 10:53:08 AM12/6/10

Wow. Reading the FAQ, this sounds just like any of those "fill out
surveys and get free prizes" scams you can find everywhere on teh
Intarwebs.

Pepper's Profile: http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?userid=3470
View this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=236139