BUSH is DYSLEXIC !!!

1 view

Jared476

Sep 11, 2000, 8:18:08 PM9/11/00
Bush is unfit to be president......

Cocaine user
Alcoholic
dyslexia

art a swanson

Sep 11, 2000, 8:29:13 PM9/11/00

Wilson

Sep 11, 2000, 8:41:04 PM9/11/00

What took you so long to notice?

Or did he just wake up with it this morning?

King Pineapple

Sep 12, 2000, 8:02:05 AM9/12/00

Jared476 <jare...@aol.com> wrote in message

Leave out the ALLEGED cocaine use and the drinking (bear with me).

Now tell me what your reaction would be if it were GORE who was disclosed
with dyslexia. Would you say HE was "unfit to be president"?

Dyslexia is a disability. To attack somebody over a disability they have is
not only cruel, it's arrogant. And extremely stupid. But we knew you were
that a long time ago, didn't we? Nice try.

xo...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 9:55:52 AM9/12/00
In article <20000911201808...@ng-bh1.aol.com>,
jare...@aol.com (Jared476) wrote:

Actually, dyslexia alone does not disqualify GW. Many dyslexics are
actually above average in intelligence. It's Bush's other mental blocks
that disqualify him: his lack of curiosity about the world, his
mean-spiritedness as evidenced by a half-witted sense of humor, his
failure to grasp basic facts and apply them. If he were running against
Dan Quayle, he might have the advantage. But he's running against
someone Stephen Hawking has praised as best-equipped to understand the
complexities of the dawning century.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 11:18:32 AM9/12/00
In article <20000911201808...@ng-bh1.aol.com>,
jare...@aol.com (Jared476) wrote:

Dyslexia is a learning disability. Those with dyslexia need to find
alternative ways to learn, and they do. Dyslexics tend to be among the
most creative people. Some dyslexics you may have heard about: Albert
Einstein, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, and
Walt Disney.

Bush may be unfit to be president, but it isn't due to his dyslexia.

Maxx Toecutter

Sep 12, 2000, 1:04:13 PM9/12/00
Hey KP did you not know that Boy Georges brother Neil has been diagnosed with
Dyslexia?? So is it so much of a leap after witnessing Dubyas Countless
verbal screwups to assume he is Dyslexic as well? As for his fitness to be
President I dont know about you KP but having a Brain Damaged President is
something that I would rather not have!

In article <1Xov5.9020$QQ2.2...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 1:10:03 PM9/12/00
In article <8plnlr$t9d$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hey KP did you not know that Boy Georges brother Neil has been
diagnosed with
> Dyslexia?? So is it so much of a leap after witnessing Dubyas
Countless
> verbal screwups to assume he is Dyslexic as well? As for his fitness
to be
> President I dont know about you KP but having a Brain Damaged
President is
> something that I would rather not have!

Who would? However, dyslexia is not brain damage. Dyslexia is a

learning disability. Those with dyslexia need to find alternative ways
to learn, and they do. Dyslexics tend to be among the most creative
people. Some dyslexics you may have heard about: Albert Einstein,
Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, and Walt
Disney.

Bush may be unfit to be president, but it isn't due to his dyslexia.

Maxx Toecutter

Sep 12, 2000, 1:23:02 PM9/12/00
You have it wrong RC Brown it wasnt Dyslexia that the people you say in your
posting had but instead an Autistic Spectrum Disorder called Aspergers
Syndrome.

Aspergers Syndrome mostly affects people who have it in Social
Interaction(which means most people who have it tend to be Loners) and it is
also known that people with Aspergers have at least normal IQ's and in most
cases have IQ's that can range into the above average to the Very Superior!

What may have confused you some is that Dyslexia does occur more often in
people who have this disorder although it is still a small minority and I
strongly doubt Bush has Aspergers Syndrome as his brother Neil has been
diagnosed already with Dyslexia.

In article <8plhff$l4s$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Billy Beck

Sep 12, 2000, 1:52:38 PM9/12/00

Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>Hey KP did you not know that Boy Georges brother Neil has been diagnosed with
>Dyslexia?? So is it so much of a leap after witnessing Dubyas Countless
>verbal screwups to assume he is Dyslexic as well?

There were five children in my family. One of them is one of the
brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
up to a mirror.

He was the only one.

Billy

VRWC Fronteer
http://www.mindspring.com/~wjb3/promise.html

johnz`

Sep 12, 2000, 1:53:38 PM9/12/00

Political advice from scientists is often questionable - quite a few
also thought Joseph Stalin was "best equipped to to understand, etc,
etc", a while back.

JS

xo...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 2:11:11 PM9/12/00
In article <8plooq$uoh$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> You have it wrong RC Brown it wasnt Dyslexia that the people you say
in your
> posting had but instead an Autistic Spectrum Disorder called Aspergers
> Syndrome.
>
> Aspergers Syndrome mostly affects people who have it in Social
> Interaction(which means most people who have it tend to be Loners) and
it is
> also known that people with Aspergers have at least normal IQ's and in
most
> cases have IQ's that can range into the above average to the Very
Superior!

> What may have confused you some is that Dyslexia does occur more often
in
> people who have this disorder although it is still a small minority
and I
> strongly doubt Bush has Aspergers Syndrome as his brother Neil has
been
> diagnosed already with Dyslexia.

I really don't think dyslexia is Bush's main brain problem, which isn't
to say he doesn't have it. Dyslexia has nothing to do with intelligence.
It's a neurological wiring problem that makes learning from books more
difficult. Most dyslexics find ways to compensate for the condition.
Many have above average intelligence and are high achievers. You cannot
tell a person is dyslexic by appearance or even by speech. Bush's verbal
troubles may be due to a different condition, like an auditory
processing dysfunction. But even that should not disqualify him, and
wouldn't if he had clear vision and an ability to communicate it in some
way. He doesn't have the right stuff, setting aside his learning
disabilities.

xo...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 2:14:24 PM9/12/00
In article <39be6cdc...@news.mindspring.com>,

wj...@mindspring.com wrote:

> Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >Hey KP did you not know that Boy Georges brother Neil has been
diagnosed with
> >Dyslexia?? So is it so much of a leap after witnessing Dubyas
Countless
> >verbal screwups to assume he is Dyslexic as well?
>
> There were five children in my family. One of them is one of
the
> brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
> the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
> up to a mirror.
>
> He was the only one.

None of the dsylexics I know has a speech problem. Did it affect
your brother's speech?

xo...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 2:17:04 PM9/12/00
In article <johnsabotta-352026.10533912092000@news>,

True. I always forget Edward Teller praised Reagan. But I trust Hawking
more than I do Teller.

> JS
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Before you buy.

SemiScholar

Sep 12, 2000, 2:51:37 PM9/12/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:10:03 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Who would? However, dyslexia is not brain damage. Dyslexia is a
>learning disability. Those with dyslexia need to find alternative ways
>to learn, and they do. Dyslexics tend to be among the most creative
>people. Some dyslexics you may have heard about: Albert Einstein,
>Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, and Walt
>Disney.

I'm not diagreeing with you, but I'm interested by your statement -
where did you get the idea that Leonardo da Vinci was dyslexic?

Again - I'm not disagreeing nor saying you're wrong - I'm interested
in reading about it.

- SemiScholar

"We've never had it so good! It's time for a change!"

-Republican Slogan, Campaign 2000

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 2:43:29 PM9/12/00
In article <8plooq$uoh$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> You have it wrong RC Brown it wasnt Dyslexia that the people you say
in your
> posting had but instead an Autistic Spectrum Disorder called Aspergers
> Syndrome.

You may be right about the Aspergers Syndrome, but the people listed in
my post are reported to have had Dyslexia. My youngest son has
Dyslexia, and accordingly I have looked into it a bit. BTW, a
completely objective observer (me) has noted that my youngest son has a
razor sharp wit and a most wonderful way of looking at things.

> Aspergers Syndrome mostly affects people who have it in Social
> Interaction(which means most people who have it tend to be Loners)
and it is
> also known that people with Aspergers have at least normal IQ's and
in most
> cases have IQ's that can range into the above average to the Very
Superior!

> What may have confused you some is that Dyslexia does occur more
often in
> people who have this disorder although it is still a small minority
and I
> strongly doubt Bush has Aspergers Syndrome as his brother Neil has
been
> diagnosed already with Dyslexia.

I'll not speculate on what Bush's problem(s) might be.

MSLU123

Sep 12, 2000, 2:53:32 PM9/12/00
Gail Sheehy says its so! it accounts for his mumblings and rumblings.

MSLU123

Sep 12, 2000, 2:55:16 PM9/12/00
>Leave out the ALLEGED cocaine use and the drinking (bear with me).
>
>Now tell me what your reaction would be if it were GORE who was disclosed
>with dyslexia. Would you say HE was "unfit to be president"?
>
>Dyslexia is a disability. To attack somebody over a disability they have is
>not only cruel, it's arrogant. And extremely stupid. But we knew you were
>that a long time ago, didn't we? Nice try.

But having a president that is Dyslexic is not a good Idea. He gets things
wrong/backwards too often. Dyslexia runs in families. Niel Bush is Dyslexic.

MSLU123

Sep 12, 2000, 2:59:41 PM9/12/00

> There were five children in my family. One of them is one of the
>brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
>the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
>up to a mirror.
>
> He was the only one.
>

>Billy
>
>VRWC Fronteer

That isn't dyslexia.I could write upside down and backwards when I was a kid
too. I still can but no one is interested anymore. You had to read it in a
mirror. Dyslexia is when one reads a word backwards such as saw for was etc.
They don't get the true message when that happens and it could be very
detrimental for a president.

SemiScholar

Sep 12, 2000, 3:44:29 PM9/12/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:52:38 GMT, wj...@mindspring.com (Billy Beck)
wrote:

>Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>>Hey KP did you not know that Boy Georges brother Neil has been diagnosed with
>>Dyslexia?? So is it so much of a leap after witnessing Dubyas Countless
>>verbal screwups to assume he is Dyslexic as well?
>
> There were five children in my family. One of them is one of the
>brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
>the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
>up to a mirror.

That's not dyslexia, Billy.

Sheesh!

SemiScholar

Sep 12, 2000, 3:45:44 PM9/12/00
On 12 Sep 2000 18:55:16 GMT, msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:

>>Leave out the ALLEGED cocaine use and the drinking (bear with me).
>>
>>Now tell me what your reaction would be if it were GORE who was disclosed
>>with dyslexia. Would you say HE was "unfit to be president"?
>>
>>Dyslexia is a disability. To attack somebody over a disability they have is
>>not only cruel, it's arrogant. And extremely stupid. But we knew you were
>>that a long time ago, didn't we? Nice try.
>

>But having a president that is Dyslexic is not a good Idea.

Really. He'll change our money to say "In Dog We Trust"

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 3:36:56 PM9/12/00
In article <39be7ae2....@news.visi.com>,

semis...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:10:03 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>

> >Who would? However, dyslexia is not brain damage. Dyslexia is a
> >learning disability. Those with dyslexia need to find alternative
ways
> >to learn, and they do. Dyslexics tend to be among the most creative
> >people. Some dyslexics you may have heard about: Albert Einstein,
> >Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, and Walt
> >Disney.
> >

> I'm not diagreeing with you, but I'm interested by your statement -
> where did you get the idea that Leonardo da Vinci was dyslexic?
>
> Again - I'm not disagreeing nor saying you're wrong - I'm interested
> in reading about it.

From the book, _The Gift of Dyslexia: Why Some of the Smartest People
Can't Read and How They Can Learn_, by Ronald D. Davis. Of course, it
cannot be truly known that da Vinci was dyslexic; the speculation is
based on his handwriting and erratic spelling, if I remember correctly.

> - SemiScholar
>
> "We've never had it so good! It's time for a change!"
>
> -Republican Slogan, Campaign 2000

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 3:39:29 PM9/12/00
In article <20000912145941...@ng-xa1.aol.com>,

Actually, the 'mirror writing' can be an indicator of dyslexia,
especially if the person doing the writing is unaware that they are
writing backwards.

SemiScholar

Sep 12, 2000, 5:43:19 PM9/12/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:36:56 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <39be7ae2....@news.visi.com>,
> semis...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:10:03 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>>

>> >Who would? However, dyslexia is not brain damage. Dyslexia is a
>> >learning disability. Those with dyslexia need to find alternative
>ways
>> >to learn, and they do. Dyslexics tend to be among the most creative
>> >people. Some dyslexics you may have heard about: Albert Einstein,
>> >Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, and Walt
>> >Disney.
>> >

>> I'm not diagreeing with you, but I'm interested by your statement -
>> where did you get the idea that Leonardo da Vinci was dyslexic?
>>
>> Again - I'm not disagreeing nor saying you're wrong - I'm interested
>> in reading about it.
>
>From the book, _The Gift of Dyslexia: Why Some of the Smartest People
>Can't Read and How They Can Learn_, by Ronald D. Davis. Of course, it
>cannot be truly known that da Vinci was dyslexic; the speculation is
>based on his handwriting and erratic spelling, if I remember correctly.

Hmmm... okay. But I'm skeptical of such medical diagnoses made
hundreds of years after a guy is dead, with no examination or real
evidence. I'm also skeptical of the claim about the others, like
Einstein. Could be true, I suppose, but I'm skeptical.

SemiScholar

Sep 12, 2000, 5:45:26 PM9/12/00

I think DaVinci knew what he was doing - and if they do it
consistently (ALL of their writing is backwards, so that it can be
read in a mirror), I think it's pretty obvious that they knew what
they were doing and it's NOT dyslexia. Dyslexics get confused about
letters and words and mix them up. They don't just flip _everything_
around. Billy was just bullshitting again.

King Pineapple

Sep 12, 2000, 5:52:25 PM9/12/00

Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> As for his fitness to be
> President I dont know about you KP but having a Brain Damaged President is
> something that I would rather not have!

The only one with brain damage is you. Dyslexia is a learning disability.

BTW, for all *you* know, the current President could have brain damage. How
would anybody know? He refuses to release his medical records. What's he
hiding?
.

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 6:01:34 PM9/12/00
In article <39bea309....@news.visi.com>,

Rightly so. The point is that dyslexia isn't brain damage, as was
inferred by another poster, nor would it alone disqualify Bush from the
presidency.

> - SemiScholar
>
> "We've never had it so good! It's time for a change!"
>
> -Republican Slogan, Campaign 2000

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 6:19:26 PM9/12/00
In article <39bea382....@news.visi.com>,

Da Vinci was not consistent. OTOH, you may be right.

> Dyslexics get confused about
> letters and words and mix them up.

It is difficult for the non-dyslexic to understand how the dyslexic
sees words. The dyslexic person will see all 'sides' of a letter, as
if it was three dimensional and moving. Trying to put these moving
letters together into a word and see it as a whole obviously slows the
reading process down and adds enormously to its complexity.

This description is inadequate. Sorry.

> They don't just flip _everything_
> around. Billy was just bullshitting again.

If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the truth.

> - SemiScholar
>
> "We've never had it so good! It's time for a change!"
>
> -Republican Slogan, Campaign 2000

Billy Beck

Sep 12, 2000, 6:36:40 PM9/12/00

xo...@my-deja.com wrote:

> wj...@mindspring.com wrote:
>>
>> Maxx Toecutter <max...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hey KP did you not know that Boy Georges brother Neil has been
>> >diagnosed with Dyslexia?? So is it so much of a leap after witnessing
>> >Dubyas Countless verbal screwups to assume he is Dyslexic as well?
>>
>> There were five children in my family. One of them is one of
>> the brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
>> the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
>> up to a mirror.
>>
>> He was the only one.

>None of the dsylexics I know has a speech problem. Did it affect
>your brother's speech?

Nope. Well... sorta. Or, I don't know for sure.

He was *always* quiet. Like; spooky. A fire blazing in the
corner of the room invisibly, but always felt. As an adult, one can
ask him a complex question (like I said, he's extremely bright) and
one gets this sort of blank-looking stare for a while before he starts
rolling out the data like a tidal wave. (I was struck with Tom
Wolfe's description of Neil Armstrong: "Jesus," I thought, "he's
talking about my brother.") His elementary teachers were talking to
us about Bryan being "mentally retarded", which was just preposterous.
See, we knew they were dealing with someone very different from most
humans, but they didn't know how.

If it was the dyslexia that affected his speech, I almost wish
I'd had it, too.

Billy Beck

Sep 12, 2000, 6:41:25 PM9/12/00

msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:

>> There were five children in my family. One of them is one of the
>>brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
>>the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
>>up to a mirror.
>>
>> He was the only one.

>That isn't dyslexia.

Shut the fuck up, Lucille.

Billy Beck

Sep 12, 2000, 7:01:01 PM9/12/00

r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:

> semis...@hotmail.com wrote:

>> They don't just flip _everything_ around.

Bryan certainly did.

>Billy was just bullshitting again.

No, I wasn't. Ask my father.

>If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the truth.

He wrote and read just about everything backwards and upside
down. Every once in a rare while, one letter or other would come up
right. There was more to it, but I don't remember it all now. It was
quite complex, and, in 1971, fairly mysterious, too. That episode was
the very first time I'd ever heard that word. IIRC, it was
conditioned with the word, "severe". He was amazingly consistent. We
still see occasional vestiges of it to this day.

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 6:59:52 PM9/12/00
In article <39beae7e...@news.mindspring.com>,

Almost is right. Once you get it harnessed, it's really amazing.
Until then, it's a pain in the ass.

Y2K

Sep 12, 2000, 7:44:37 PM9/12/00

weak...

--
=============

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

~ Niels Bohr ~

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 2000, 7:36:24 PM9/12/00
In article <39beb344...@news.mindspring.com>,

wj...@mindspring.com wrote:

> r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > semis...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >> They don't just flip _everything_ around.
>
> Bryan certainly did.
>
> >Billy was just bullshitting again.

For the record, SemiScholar wrote the above, not me.

> No, I wasn't. Ask my father.
>
> >If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the
truth.

> He wrote and read just about everything backwards and upside
> down. Every once in a rare while, one letter or other would come up
> right. There was more to it, but I don't remember it all now. It was
> quite complex, and, in 1971, fairly mysterious, too. That episode was
> the very first time I'd ever heard that word. IIRC, it was
> conditioned with the word, "severe". He was amazingly consistent.

Each case of dyslexia is different (although there are patterns or
indications), but each dyslexic person tends to be quite consistent
with the methods they have chosen to cope with the condition.

> We still see occasional vestiges of it to this day.

You mentioned his slightly odd way of speaking in another post, how he
has a pause before letting loose. This is also a vestige, indicative
not of slow thinking, but complete thinking.

Billy Beck

Sep 12, 2000, 9:06:24 PM9/12/00

r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
,
> wj...@mindspring.com wrote:

>> Bryan certainly did.
>>
>> >Billy was just bullshitting again.

>For the record, SemiScholar wrote the above, not me.

I saw that. No worries.

>> No, I wasn't. Ask my father.
>>
>> >If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the
>truth.
>>
>> He wrote and read just about everything backwards and upside
>> down. Every once in a rare while, one letter or other would come up
>> right. There was more to it, but I don't remember it all now. It was
>> quite complex, and, in 1971, fairly mysterious, too. That episode was
>> the very first time I'd ever heard that word. IIRC, it was
>> conditioned with the word, "severe". He was amazingly consistent.
>
>Each case of dyslexia is different (although there are patterns or
>indications), but each dyslexic person tends to be quite consistent
>with the methods they have chosen to cope with the condition.

I was going to point that out. I don't recall as much as I wish
I could, but it seems to me he had a particular spirit about it, as
much as a kid at that age could. I think I never realized that it was
a problem, and it's because he never looked less than completely
confident to me.

>> We still see occasional vestiges of it to this day.
>
>You mentioned his slightly odd way of speaking in another post, how he
>has a pause before letting loose. This is also a vestige, indicative
>not of slow thinking, but complete thinking.

Yup. Gears whining.

SemiScholar

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:19:26 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <39bea382....@news.visi.com>,
> semis...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:39:29 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>>
>> >In article <20000912145941...@ng-xa1.aol.com>,
>> > msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:
>> >>
>> >Actually, the 'mirror writing' can be an indicator of dyslexia,
>> >especially if the person doing the writing is unaware that they are
>> >writing backwards.
>>
>> I think DaVinci knew what he was doing - and if they do it
>> consistently (ALL of their writing is backwards, so that it can be
>> read in a mirror), I think it's pretty obvious that they knew what
>> they were doing and it's NOT dyslexia.
>
>Da Vinci was not consistent. OTOH, you may be right.

When he wrote his mirror writing, it was ALL mirror-writing. He did
not simply intersperse backwards characters and words here & there.

>> Dyslexics get confused about
>> letters and words and mix them up.
>
>It is difficult for the non-dyslexic to understand how the dyslexic
>sees words. The dyslexic person will see all 'sides' of a letter, as
>if it was three dimensional and moving. Trying to put these moving
>letters together into a word and see it as a whole obviously slows the
>reading process down and adds enormously to its complexity.

Yes.

>This description is inadequate. Sorry.

Yes - no need to apologize - describing such things is difficult
enough to be considered "impossible". Like describing "green".

>> They don't just flip _everything_
>> around. Billy was just bullshitting again.
>
>If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the truth.

He didn't say he was diagnosed as dyslexic - he just said "he was so

dyslexic that, until about the fourth grade, nobody could read a word

he wrote without holding it up to a mirror." And that is not only NOT
dyslexia, but it is so patently absurd that the most logical
explanation is that Billy was just bullshitting again. Especially
given his history.

SemiScholar

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:01:01 GMT, wj...@mindspring.com (Billy Beck)
wrote:

>r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>> semis...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>> They don't just flip _everything_ around.
>
> Bryan certainly did.

Then he had other problems. Maybe he was dyslexic as well, but what
you described is NOT dydlexia.

>>Billy was just bullshitting again.
>
> No, I wasn't. Ask my father.

Your brother was diagnosed by a doctor as dyslexic?

>>If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the truth.
>
> He wrote and read just about everything backwards and upside
>down. Every once in a rare while, one letter or other would come up
>right. There was more to it, but I don't remember it all now. It was
>quite complex, and, in 1971, fairly mysterious, too. That episode was
>the very first time I'd ever heard that word. IIRC, it was
>conditioned with the word, "severe". He was amazingly consistent. We
>still see occasional vestiges of it to this day.

Yes - in you. Your writings never make any sense.

Hmmm... maybe if I hold them up to the mirror...

SemiScholar

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:41:25 GMT, wj...@mindspring.com (Billy Beck)
wrote:

>msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:
>
>>> There were five children in my family. One of them is one of the
>>>brightest people I ever knew, and he was so dyslexic that, until about
>>>the fourth grade, nobody could read a word he wrote without holding it
>>>up to a mirror.
>>>
>>> He was the only one.
>
>>That isn't dyslexia.
>
> Shut the fuck up, Lucille.

Ahhh, more evidence of Billy's "serious" arguments, and his eloquence.

LOL!

r_c_...@my-deja.com

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
In article <39bfb1c1....@news.visi.com>,
semis...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:19:26 GMT, r_c_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >In article <39bea382....@news.visi.com>,
> > semis...@hotmail.com wrote:

> >> I think DaVinci knew what he was doing - and if they do it
> >> consistently (ALL of their writing is backwards, so that it can be
> >> read in a mirror), I think it's pretty obvious that they knew what
> >> they were doing and it's NOT dyslexia.
> >
> >Da Vinci was not consistent. OTOH, you may be right.
>
> When he wrote his mirror writing, it was ALL mirror-writing.

True.

> He did not simply intersperse backwards characters and words here &
there.

Also true, but not what I meant.

> >> Dyslexics get confused about
> >> letters and words and mix them up.
> >
> >It is difficult for the non-dyslexic to understand how the dyslexic
> >sees words. The dyslexic person will see all 'sides' of a letter, as
> >if it was three dimensional and moving. Trying to put these moving
> >letters together into a word and see it as a whole obviously slows
the
> >reading process down and adds enormously to its complexity.
>

> Yes.

> >This description is inadequate. Sorry.
>

> Yes - no need to apologize - describing such things is difficult
> enough to be considered "impossible". Like describing "green".

Thanks.

> >> They don't just flip _everything_
> >> around. Billy was just bullshitting again.
> >
> >If his brother was diagnosed as dyslexic, Billy was telling the
truth.

> He didn't say he was diagnosed as dyslexic - he just said "he was so

> dyslexic that, until about the fourth grade, nobody could read a word

> he wrote without holding it up to a mirror." And that is not only NOT
> dyslexia, but it is so patently absurd that the most logical

> explanation is that Billy was just bullshitting again. Especially
> given his history.

I'll not speculate on that. It would be interesting to hear from
Billy's father.

Wayne Mann

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On 12 Sep 2000 18:53:32 GMT, msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:

>Gail Sheehy says its so! it accounts for his mumblings and rumblings.

And who in Hell is Gail Sheehy, other than a long time Left
Wing Liberal Democrat booster? Besides Lulu, that is a LIE, she did
NOT say any such thing, now tell the folks here why you posted that
she said something she didn't! Explain to the folks, why you LIED
again Lulu!

Wayne Mann

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On 12 Sep 2000 18:55:16 GMT, msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:

Folks, Lulu is ignorant and does NOT know what she is trying
to talk about. DO NOT believe her LIES! KILL FILE HER NOW!

Wayne Mann

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:45:26 GMT, semis...@hotmail.com
(SemiScholar) wrote:

>>Actually, the 'mirror writing' can be an indicator of dyslexia,
>>especially if the person doing the writing is unaware that they are
>>writing backwards.
>
>I think DaVinci knew what he was doing - and if they do it
>consistently (ALL of their writing is backwards, so that it can be
>read in a mirror), I think it's pretty obvious that they knew what
>they were doing and it's NOT dyslexia. Dyslexics get confused about
>letters and words and mix them up. They don't just flip _everything_
>around. Billy was just bullshitting again.
>

>- SemiScholar

Folks, Billy doesn't lie, but Semi does all the time.

SemiScholar

Sep 14, 2000, 12:23:40 AM9/14/00
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:03:06 -0700, Wayne Mann <t...@charter.net> sez:

>On 12 Sep 2000 18:55:16 GMT, msl...@aol.com (MSLU123) wrote:
>

> Folks, Lulu is ignorant and does NOT know what she is trying
>to talk about. DO NOT believe her LIES! KILL FILE HER NOW!

Why don't you?

SemiScholar

Sep 14, 2000, 12:24:44 AM9/14/00

You got Tourette's , WhineMann?

Hey - have you killfiled me yet? What about Lu?