Bush Agrees With Rocker Decision

Dr Fuji Kamikaze

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
Can there be any doubt that DemocRats and RepubliCants all come out of the same
anus?

Bush Agrees With Rocker Decision
The Associated Press
Monday, Jan. 10, 2000; 9:24 p.m. EST
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000110/aponline212433_000.htm

WASHINGTON –– Texas Gov. George W. Bush, a former major league baseball
team owner, said Monday that Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker should be
required to undergo psychological testing over his disparaging comments about
minorities.

"I appreciate the fact that the Atlanta Braves are getting him counseling,"
Bush, the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination, said in a debate
Monday night in Michigan. "But ... in athletics, this is a world of some young
men who make a lot of money who don't – who aren't responsible for their
behavior."

Bush said that as president he would "usher in the responsibility era, so that
each American, whether you be a baseball player or anything, wear the uniform
of the United States, are responsible for the actions you take in life,"

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig last week ordered Rocker to undergo testing and
said he would await the results before deciding on any disciplinary action.

Last month, Rocker told Sports Illustrated he would never play for a New York
team because he didn't want to ride a train "next to some queer with AIDS." He
also said, "I'm not a very big fan of foreigners. ... How the hell did they get
in this country?" He called a black teammate a "fat monkey," mocked the driving
skills of Asian women and insulted single mothers.

Rocker, 25, apologized and said he was not a racist.

In the debate, Bush, a former managing general partner of the Texas Rangers,
said of Rocker: "The fellow said some incredibly offensive things. He is a
public person. And I appreciate them trying to get the man help."

© Copyright 2000 The Associated Press

God Bless America
Dr Fuji Kamikase

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." --
Aesop
"A liberal is a man who will give away everything he doesn't own." -- Frank
Dane

eddie...@my-deja.com

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
In article <20000111124608...@ng-fl1.aol.com>,

Now there is something Dubya personally knows a whole lot about, young
men with money who aren't reponsible for their behavior. Maybe what
Shrub is saying here is Rocker should be sent to Yale?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

David Goldman

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
>"But ... in athletics, this is a world of
>some young
>> men who make a lot of money who don't – who aren't responsible for
>their
>> behavior."

This wasn't an issue of behavior, Dubya, it was an issue of OPINIONS
and THOUGHTS........

David Goldman

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
>> WASHINGTON –– Texas Gov. George W. Bush, a former major league
>baseball
>> team owner, said Monday that Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker
>should be
>> required to undergo psychological testing over his disparaging
>comments about
>> minorities.

How idiotic........what's next, re-education camps like under Mao
during the Cultural Revolution??? Who will be the Grand Inquisitor to
determine who does and does not need "psychological counseling" for
their political opinions?

David Goldman

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
>Now there is something Dubya personally knows a whole lot about, young
>men with money who aren't reponsible for their behavior. Maybe what
>Shrub is saying here is Rocker should be sent to Yale?

ONLY if he can join Skull and Bones, and only if he can develop good
contacts with "freedom fighters" who traffic in cocaine.......

James W. Wright

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
Dr Fuji Kamikaze wrote:

> Can there be any doubt that DemocRats and RepubliCants all come out of the same
> anus?
>
> Bush Agrees With Rocker Decision
> The Associated Press
> Monday, Jan. 10, 2000; 9:24 p.m. EST
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000110/aponline212433_000.htm
>
> WASHINGTON –– Texas Gov. George W. Bush, a former major league baseball
> team owner, said Monday that Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker should be
> required to undergo psychological testing over his disparaging comments about
> minorities.
>
> "I appreciate the fact that the Atlanta Braves are getting him counseling,"
> Bush, the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination, said in a debate
> Monday night in Michigan. "But ... in athletics, this is a world of some young

> men who make a lot of money who don't – who aren't responsible for their
> behavior."
>
> Bush said that as president he would "usher in the responsibility era, so that
> each American, whether you be a baseball player or anything, wear the uniform
> of the United States, are responsible for the actions you take in life,"
>
> Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig last week ordered Rocker to undergo testing and
> said he would await the results before deciding on any disciplinary action.
>
> Last month, Rocker told Sports Illustrated he would never play for a New York
> team because he didn't want to ride a train "next to some queer with AIDS." He
> also said, "I'm not a very big fan of foreigners. ... How the hell did they get
> in this country?" He called a black teammate a "fat monkey," mocked the driving
> skills of Asian women and insulted single mothers.
>
> Rocker, 25, apologized and said he was not a racist.
>
> In the debate, Bush, a former managing general partner of the Texas Rangers,
> said of Rocker: "The fellow said some incredibly offensive things. He is a
> public person. And I appreciate them trying to get the man help."
>
> © Copyright 2000 The Associated Press
>
> God Bless America
> Dr Fuji Kamikase
>
> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." --
> Aesop
> "A liberal is a man who will give away everything he doesn't own." -- Frank
> Dane

Well if we had a choice what would to make it reality. All of us here
and on other newsgroups could get an Independent in the White House this
year. Think about it. Want Social Security around?
http://www.wright2000.com/social security.htm

Ray Heizer

Jan 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/25/00
In article <388D4B...@wt.net> , "James W. Wright" <hey...@wt.net> wrote:

> Well if we had a choice what would to make it reality. All of us here
> and on other newsgroups could get an Independent in the White House this
> year. Think about it. Want Social Security around?
> http://www.wright2000.com/social security.htm

-- Found on the internet: