Faith, Politics and Obama

Gandalf Grey

Jun 27, 2007, 12:33:20 PM6/27/07
Faith, Politics and Obama

By Pamela Leavey
Created Jun 25 2007 - 6:05am

When John Kerry gave his speech on faith and politics last September at
Pepperdine University, I thought it was one of the most moving speeches I
had heard Kerry deliver. Barack Obama delivered a speech on faith and
politics at the "50th anniversary convention [1] of his own denomination,
the United Church of Christ" on Saturday at the at the Hartford Civic
Center. Obama said, "the religious right had "hijacked" faith and divided
the country by exploiting issues like abortion, same-sex marriage and school
prayer." AMEN.

I'm not a religious person, as I have noted here before, I'm a spiritual
person. I believe as strongly about the separation of church and state, as I
do in freedom of religion. But, as John Kerry pointed out in his speech last
September, "Service and Faith [2]," go hand in hand.

Barack Obama told the audience "that religion has [3] a rightful role to
play in American politics, and he praised people of faith who he said are
now using their influence to try to unite Americans against problems like
poverty, AIDS, the health care crisis and the violence in Darfur."

Mr. Obama used his [4] 45-minute speech to recall the church's and many
others' proud history of involvement in the American Revolution and the
abolition and civil rights movements.

"But somehow, somewhere along the way, faith stopped being used to bring
us together," Mr. Obama said. "Faith started being used to drive us apart.
Faith got hijacked."

Cross posted from The Democratic Daily [5].

--
NOTICE: This post contains copyrighted material the use of which has not
always been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material

"A little patience and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their
spells dissolve, and the people recovering their true sight, restore their
government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are
suffering deeply in spirit,
and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public
debt. But if the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have
patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning
back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at
stake."
-Thomas Jefferson

Ronald 'More-More' Moshki

Jun 27, 2007, 1:53:39 PM6/27/07
On Jun 27, 12:33 pm, "Gandalf Grey" <gandalfg...@infectedmail.com>
wrote:

The 10 New-Mandments plus a few:
(Always vote for the non-white, regardless---PC is always mandatory.)

> 1. Always say "God Bless America." Think it, too.

> 2. Be a Species-ist. Debase non-human animal life.

> 3. Love all Development; swear by the Service-Sector Economy.
Disparage healthy trees (the ones not in tree farms).

> 4. Deny Overpopulation. Insist Earth can easliy handle 25,000,000,000 of us.

> 5. Be a reverse-racist, never a racist.
Encourage race-mixing as a priority to your daughters.

> 6. Believe in Goddi/Gotti (god), preferably JC but any
> goddi/gotti is better than none. Repeat 100's of times that
"Isloom is a Religion of Peace."

Always brag: "I'm saved by the shed blood of Jeezis Khryst."

> 7. Pretend Repubs and Dems are not twins. Always praise the two-party
system. Denounce anyone who does not.

> 8.Listen to Talk RADIO from Twinkle-Pie Bill Bennett to Michael Savage-Weener
or Corporate Top-40/Hip-Hop stations.

9. Convince everyone you value Human Rights to the max!!
Shout: "Death to Abortion Doctors and Clinic Workers.!"
And: "Save a Stem Cell above all other life." Brag you can hear
the screams of all Stem Cells.

> 10. Eat and ridicule non-human animals the way Jon Stewart and Flush Lim-boo
do. Defend Vivisection and Puppy Mills at all cost.

> 11. Always say---"America, love it or leave it" and
"American Idol Uber Alles."

> 12. Love all Immigration, both legal and illegal.

Deny there are gangs or any crime
in their communities. Tell your friends that: "Immigrants are decent,
hard-working, god-fearing people." Esp. Third Worlders and Spanish-
speakers.

> 13. Keep your mouth shut when not praising Goddi/Gotti or Big Brother.
Make sure it's shut when it's supposed to be.

14. Always say Ronald "Mr. Sincerity" Reagan was our greatest
president in the last 150 years. Carry a bible ala Sick Willie
Clinton.

15. Never admit the Civil War was fought to end slavery. Demand
a confession that it was fought "to preserve The Union."

15-a. Make sure you believe it's still PC to hate and attack Gays.

15-b.......Oh, and keep your "lip buttoned." AND NEVER THINK FOR
YOURSELF. Believe all authority; Never question.
And always ask god what you should do or think. Follow your god and
then
shut up again.