Here's The Only True Solution

Martin McPhillips

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00

Modeled on the schisms within the Papacy during
the Middle Ages, there should be two competing
Presidents. Bush will be inaugurated on January 20th
and take up residence in the White House, and Gore
will be inaugurated the same day and will set up an
Avignon White House in Boca Raton.

Each Presidency will be backed by its party in Congress,
and each will claim to control the military and will compete
for the loyalty of Army divisions, fleets of the Navy and
carrier groups, and Air Force bases. Naturally, there
will be stiff competition for control of strategic nuclear
weapons.

Both Gore and Bush will, of course, have full cabinet departments,
including separate treasuries and internal revenue services, which will
compete for the tax monies of citizens.

It would seem logical that President Gore, being Chief Executive
of the U.S. Government in its newer capital city of Boca Raton, having
less tradition to draw upon, will want to boost the New Patriotism
among his loyal Patriotrixes by marching the Army divisions
loyal to his Presidency along the highways and streets of Palm
Beach County as frequently as he can, and occasionally review
military parades that include the latest nuclear weapons that have
fallen into his arsenal.

This is just a rough sketch of our new form of divided government,
but I think that I've chosen wisely in suggesting Boca Raton as the
New Avignon of the American Polity. Mr. Gore, certainly, will be
redistributing the wealth of his loyalists, particularly those
revolutionary sons and daughters of Boca who for so many years,
while voting for the most liberal taxing and spending candidates
running, extracted large sums of untaxed cash from their businesses
in anticipation of just this glorious revolution. Finally their
dreams come true, and they can surrendur their secreted treasures
to their at last authentic Prince.

King Pineapple

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
Brilliant! LOL

Martin McPhillips <jour...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Billy Beck

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00

Martin McPhillips <jour...@earthlink.net> wrote:

McPhillips: you are second to none here. I pride myself on the
range and reach of my Impressions. (There is a reason why I
capitalize.) I work at intellectual edges where almost none dare
penetrate and I do it on solid ground: I know what I'm doing, and what
I do is true.

My hat's off, sir.

Gerard Jackson, writing today in The New Australian, noted
Russert's foretelling of Gore as "America’s shadow president" as the
media shot across the bow of the new American millenium. The hype is
on.

As usual, Doktor Scott Erb is the worst sort of slug. "No
'culture war' " he smilies at us, just BtB with the patented Ann Lewis
grin focused laser-like. "Happy Days".

As I pointed out to the incredulous at CAS: "Winston Churchill
was not apologizing when, after his courtly address to the Japanese
ambassador in declaring war on December 8, 1941, he stated, 'After
all, when you have to kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite.'
He wrote that in 1949, after the war was won. He could afford it, and
when he wrote it, he did so having lived the confidence of a man
devoted to a fight to the death if necessary, but also with the
conviction that he would live to write those words."

This is clearly understood at the New Avignon.

I stand on my conclusion of the morning of November 8: I call it
one-in-three, at best, that you and I will live to look back on this
week as the Initial Point on the road to actual civil war.

If this be loonery, make the most of it.

Billy

VRWC Fronteer
http://www.mindspring.com/~wjb3/promise.html