"In the future, everyone will be famous to 15 people."

L. Shelton Bumgarner

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

My life just isn't interesting enough.

Reading the Wall Street Journal today, I happened upon an article
about all the Web diaries that are floating about. It took particular
note of Justin Hill's site (isn't he of "Justin's links to the
Underground" fame?) which apparently got up to 20K visits when he
wrote about his sex life.

I'm doing the Usenet equivalent of an open journal, just as I suspect
many other posters in the newsfroups I frequent feel they are doing.
Usenet is more appealing forum for intellectual streaking because not
only do you not have to "pull" people to your work, the response is
far more direct than it would be a Website, with respondents simply
interweave their stuff with what you've written.

Of course, there are some draw backs -- it's hard to write anything
more than four paragraphs in post form without it beginning to look
like gobbledygook. And there is no sure way of knowing how many people
actually read what you write (Although given my past addiction with
watching people as they open webfiles from the other site of the
browser this may be a good thing.)

But overall it's fun -- and a lot cheaper than the alternative which
is high priced therapy

bum
--
L. Shelton Bumgarner -- Keeper of the Great Renaming FAQ [e-mailed
copies of responses to my postings are welcomed] "Usenet is like a

Michael Straight

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

"In the future, everyone will have some friends."

Bryan Fullerton

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

In article <Pine.A41.3.95.970425...@login6.isis.unc.edu>,

Michael Straight <stra...@email.unc.edu> wrote:

>"In the future, everyone will have some friends."

"In the future, I will be older."

HA!

Bryan
{there, it's a two line reply - happy?}

--
Bryan Fullerton I am the @ibo! "Life without angst would be
Samurai Consulting just *way* too much fun..."

Ted Davis

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

In article <5jq7bu$udk$1...@nw003.infi.net>, bum...@infi.net says...

>My life just isn't interesting enough.

<snip>

>Of course, there are some draw backs -- it's hard to write anything
>more than four paragraphs in post form without it beginning to look
>like gobbledygook. And there is no sure way of knowing how many people
>actually read what you write (Although given my past addiction with
>watching people as they open webfiles from the other site of the
>browser this may be a good thing.)
>
>But overall it's fun -- and a lot cheaper than the alternative which
>is high priced therapy

However, asbestos underware is a bit hard to find these days (and quite
expensive), but an absolute essential for posters of dribble in newsgroups.

"Pure dribble drives out ordinary dribble."

--
T.E.D. (xtd...@gearbox.maem.umr.edu - BOGUS e-mail addresses: remove the
leading x here and in the header (too much offensive junk mail))