Bumper sticker

dtwr...@texas.net

Aug 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/16/98
Several years ago there was a popular bumper sticker in New Mexico that read
"La agua es vida." Do you in NM still see these around and, if so, can anyone
suggest where I might order a few?

TIA,

David

Denis McKeon

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
In <35d6ea0...@nntp.ix.netcom.com> Steve Browne wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:02:46 GMT, dtwr...@texas.net wrote:
>
>>Several years ago there was a popular bumper sticker in New Mexico that read
>>"La agua es vida." Do you in NM still see these around and, if so, can anyone
>>suggest where I might order a few?

Try looking in natural foods stores and counter-culture bookstores.

>I haven't seen that one. A popular bumper sticker at the moment is,
>"Poor New Mexico! So far from Heaven and so close to Texas."

Land of the flea,
Home of the plague

seems to keep recurring as a bumper-sticker and tee-shirt. I just saw:

Texas: Bigger than France

on I-25 near Trinidad, CO, and had a vision of a team of bowlegged men
wearing cowboy boots, chaps, and spurs playing in the World Cup.
(And yes, France is 210,040 square miles, and Texas is 262,134 square
miles. Other comparisions and contrasts may occur to thoughtful readers.)

--
Denis McKeon

dtwr...@texas.net

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
In article <6rai2h$7ei$1...@sloth.swcp.com>,
Dmc...@swcp.com (Denis McKeon) wrote:

> >On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:02:46 GMT, dtwr...@texas.net wrote:
> >
> >>Several years ago there was a popular bumper sticker in New Mexico that read
> >>"La agua es vida." Do you in NM still see these around and, if so, can
anyone
> >>suggest where I might order a few?
>
> Try looking in natural foods stores and counter-culture bookstores.

Thanks, Denis. We decided yesterday to spend a week or so in northern NM next
month, so I'll be able to look for the bumper sticker as well as stock up on
green chile.

Neil

Aug 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/18/98
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:32:16 -0600, Dmc...@swcp.com (Denis McKeon)
wrote:

>seems to keep recurring as a bumper-sticker and tee-shirt. I just saw:
>
> Texas: Bigger than France
>
>on I-25 near Trinidad, CO, and had a vision of a team of bowlegged men
>wearing cowboy boots, chaps, and spurs playing in the World Cup.
>(And yes, France is 210,040 square miles, and Texas is 262,134 square
>miles. Other comparisions and contrasts may occur to thoughtful readers.)

*chuckle* That's good.

I got one too: "Texas: half the size of Ontario."

Or another one: "Texas: half the size of Québec"

Neil
École de droit
Arizona State University

Todd Brown

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
In article <35d6ea0...@nntp.ix.netcom.com> sbr...@ix.netcom.com (Steve Browne) writes:
>On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:02:46 GMT, dtwr...@texas.net wrote:
>
>>Several years ago there was a popular bumper sticker in New Mexico that read
>>"La agua es vida." Do you in NM still see these around and, if so, can anyone
>>suggest where I might order a few?
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>David

>I haven't seen that one. A popular bumper sticker at the moment is,
>"Poor New Mexico! So far from Heaven and so close to Texas."

Thus explaining why Texans come to New Mexico in droves.

Todd Brown-Observing Tech/Staff Photographer
National Solar Observatory/Sacramento Peak
Sunspot NM 88349; PH: 505-434-7013
br...@sunspot.noao.edu