OT:Plane Crashes Into World Trade Center

KavisD

Sep 11, 2001, 9:03:54 AM9/11/01
I don't know if any of you have seen the news yet, but there has been a
plane crash at the World Trade Center. I was listening to the radio when
the bulletin broke about 10 minutes ago. The story soon appeared on the
U.S. TV networks. Since it happened so close to the beginning of the day, I
hate to say it, but I'm guessing there will be some casualities. What a
horrifying spectacle.

KavisD

Sep 11, 2001, 9:08:52 AM9/11/01
Oh my God - a second plane has just slammed into one of the towers! Now
they are speculating that it might be a terrorist attack. What the heck is
going on?

"KavisD" <davi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

LizzieZ

Sep 11, 2001, 9:17:06 AM9/11/01
I've been watching this as it happened, and I am positively shaking.... this is
so horrifying, I can't believe it's real. They broke into Good Morning America
to tell us about it, and while they were talking about it we SAW the second
plane slam into the OTHER building. I'm just in shock....

Liz

MollyFa

Sep 11, 2001, 9:29:30 AM9/11/01
I'm in tears right now, because I saw the same thing. I was watching The Today
Show, then I put on Fox News Network, and I've been flipping between them, MSNBC
and CNN. This is just horrifying. Now They're saying that it might be a terrorist
attack. They're saying that both might have been hijacked, but this is just news I
got. This is so horrible. This is a total nightmare. I don't know if I can deal
with my errands I was going to do today. :(

Molly

Message has been deleted

Dixon Hayes

Sep 11, 2001, 9:39:13 AM9/11/01
I also saw the second one happen live. This is horrifying. It's going to be a
long day, I can already tell. This is the kind of thing that was done to the
whole country, not just the people in Manhattan...

Dixon
===========
"Gomer, you get down there with them spiders and get to work!"
--Barney Fife

Classic Hollywood Squares:
http://www.geocities.come/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Dixon's Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/

Jamie

Sep 11, 2001, 9:43:19 AM9/11/01
I was watching as the second plane hit too. Absolutely horrifying
tragedy. I saw on CNN that there is now a fire at the Pentagon? Just a
heading under the breaking news heading... has anyone heard anything
about this?

Jamie

KavisD

Sep 11, 2001, 9:47:19 AM9/11/01

"Jamie" <myst...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes - there is a fire at the Pentagon. They are apparently evacuating the
White House now. It's crazy!

Jamie

Sep 11, 2001, 9:46:48 AM9/11/01
They just confirmed that a plane crashed into the Pentagon. This is
really scary.

MollyFa

Sep 11, 2001, 9:56:34 AM9/11/01
We have a Federal Building here in here. Now a plane has crashed in the
Pentagon, and now they've evacuated the White House. What the fucking hell is
going on right now? I'm about to pass out right now.

Molly

KavisD wrote:

> "MollyFa" <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> > I'm in tears right now, because I saw the same thing. I was watching The
> Today
> > Show, then I put on Fox News Network, and I've been flipping between them,
> MSNBC
> > and CNN. This is just horrifying. Now They're saying that it might be a
> terrorist
> > attack. They're saying that both might have been hijacked, but this is
> just news I
> > got. This is so horrible. This is a total nightmare. I don't know if I
> can deal
> > with my errands I was going to do today. :(
> >
> > Molly
>

> Now there is an APB to evacuate all U.S. occupied facilities around the
> world (just heard it on the news)! Even here in Toronto, they're evacuating
> the people in the U.S. Consulate. Hell has broken loose. Geezus!

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 10:20:24 AM9/11/01
And so the word went out from liz...@aol.comedy (LizzieZ):

Same here, Liz. I flicked over to ABC just before 9AM to watch Regis and
the first plane had already literally crashed through one side and out the
other of one of the twin towers. Minutes later, as I watched, another plane
came flying in from the side of the screen and smashed into the other tower.
Incredible. CNN is also reporting that yet another plane has crashed into
the Pentagon (the Pres is in Florida). The White House and the Pentagon
are being evacuated and every single airport in the US has been shut down,
no planes are being allowed to fly anywhere. Frankly, I'd keep Bush in Florida
and ground Air Force One as well. Very scary stuff, this thing was very well
planned and the second plane that hit the World Trade Center (I didn't see
the first one) was indeed a jumbo jet, all the better to do as much damage
as possible :-(

TD

MollyFa

Sep 11, 2001, 10:22:46 AM9/11/01
And now they're saying that a plane crashed near Capitol Hill. But it might have
missed it and hit the Mall. I'm totally scared.

Molly

Kelly

Sep 11, 2001, 10:35:39 AM9/11/01
I logged on this morning before turning on the tv.

When I first saw this I thought it was a troll. I wish it was. I have CNN on
right now.

I don't know what to say.

From the NYC front

- my brother (whose job move out of the Trade Center about two years ago)
saw the planes hit from his office window. He is safe on 23rd street right
now. Keeping in touch with us on AIM.

- My friend Laura ws out on the bay at the time. Normally you have a view of
the NYC skyline from where she is. She rushed home when she saw the smoke
pouring out of the city.

I am here safe in Forest Hills.

I will let you know if I find anything else out.

Kelly

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 10:50:25 AM9/11/01
And so the word went out from "Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com>:

Wonderful to see you this morning, Kelly, whew! How frightening to know
your brother is right there, I hope he's well away from it all and stays safe.

Part of the Pentagon has collapsed and there's now reports that a second
airplane has been hijacked and is on its way to the Pentagon. This is a all
a movie, right? This can't possibly be real.

TD

recsec

Sep 11, 2001, 10:53:00 AM9/11/01

"Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I am here safe in Forest Hills.
>
> I will let you know if I find anything else out.
>
> Kelly

Thank God!!!! There you are!!!! What about the other NY'ers?? Have you heard
from the Kelly. And where is Naz & Jeff & the others from D.C.??
Billy

KavisD

Sep 11, 2001, 10:58:22 AM9/11/01

"Tiny Dancer" <ti...@idirect.com> wrote in message

There was also a 767 that crashed in Pittsburgh or somewhere thereabouts.
They think it was hijacked. And yes, I heard that there is another plane
that may be hijacked and heading for Washington.

Sandy

Sep 11, 2001, 11:36:38 AM9/11/01
This is just unbelieveable....

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

MollyFa

Sep 11, 2001, 3:24:56 PM9/11/01
Oh Kelly it's SO good to see you're okay. (((((Kelly))))))))

Molly