OT: New York members *please* check in

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 10:26:08 AM9/11/01
I am clueless as to where all our beloved ng members live/work in
the NY area and maybe none of you are anywhere near the World
Trade Center but, please, for my own sanity, check in with the group
ASAP so we know you're safe.

TD

recsec

Sep 11, 2001, 10:42:15 AM9/11/01

"Tiny Dancer" <ti...@idirect.com> wrote in message

THAT'S FUCKING IT!!!!!!! IT IS TIME TO TURN THE MIDDLE EAST INTO A FUCKING
PARKING LOT. I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE FUCKING TOWEL HEADED MOTHER FUCKERS
COMING INTO THIS COUNTRY & ATTACKING US LIKE THIS!!!!!!

WHERE YOU AT BUDDY, STEVIE, KELLY, TOM?!?!??!? YOU BETTER FUCKING ANSWER
US!!!!
BILLY

Kelly

Sep 11, 2001, 10:46:07 AM9/11/01
"Tiny Dancer" wrote

TD I am safe here in Queens.

Kelly

Sep 11, 2001, 11:04:01 AM9/11/01
I spoke to Stevie. He is fine.

I haven't heard from Tom or Buddy. But both live and work away from lower
Manhattan.

Kelly

Sandy

Sep 11, 2001, 11:33:38 AM9/11/01
Thank you Kelly! I needed to here you all were safe. Where *is* Buddy
though???

>I spoke to Stevie. He is fine.
>
>I haven't heard from Tom or Buddy. But both live and work away from lower
>Manhattan.

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Kelly

Sep 11, 2001, 11:35:59 AM9/11/01
"Sandy" wrote

> Thank you Kelly! I needed to here you all were safe. Where *is* Buddy
> though???

He works at a hospital in Brooklyn. That is why I think he may be stuck at
work.

Kelly

recsec

Sep 11, 2001, 11:37:52 AM9/11/01

"Sandy" <sand...@aol.com> wrote in message

Good to hear from you Sandy & Anne. One or both of the planes were from
Boston going to L.A. Where's Nanc??
Billy

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 11:58:18 AM9/11/01
And so the word went out from "Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com>:

Thanks for the updates, Kelly, I'm sure Buddy will be in touch as soon as
he can but it might not be until later tonight. If he is at work then he may be
there for a long time today :-(

TD

rach

Sep 11, 2001, 2:12:57 PM9/11/01
Kelly also Emailed me that she spoke to Stevie.

$Uv.538...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...

Kelly

Sep 11, 2001, 2:20:33 PM9/11/01
"rach wrote

> Kelly also Emailed me that she spoke to Stevie.

I also spoke to Dawna on line earlier today. Buddy is fine.

Kelly

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 2:24:42 PM9/11/01
And so the word went out from "Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com>:

>"rach wrote

>> Kelly also Emailed me that she spoke to Stevie.
>>
>I also spoke to Dawna on line earlier today. Buddy is fine.

Thank you so much, Kelly, that's a load off my mind! Anyone heard
from Tom yet? My newsfeed may not be up to snuff, just checking.

TD

Kelly

Sep 11, 2001, 2:56:17 PM9/11/01
"Tiny Dancer" wrote

I have been trying to call him all day. I can not get through. The lines
must still be a mess. I am sure he is fine. If I do reach him I will give
him hell for not contacting us sooner.

Kelly

MollyFa

Sep 11, 2001, 3:23:27 PM9/11/01
Billy, I know you're upset, we all are, but a knee Jerk reaction like that
won't help things. You can't just go bombing the entire Middle East, because
there are innocent people there, and I have a couple of friends who live
there. We ALL have to keep calm and try to think rationally.
I'm worried about the NYC people and others that were effected. Let's all
pray that things will get better, which I think it will.

Molly

Sandy

Sep 11, 2001, 4:23:00 PM9/11/01
>Good to hear from you Sandy & Anne. One or both of the planes were from
>Boston going to L.A. Where's Nanc??
>Billy

Thanks Billy :) It's so creepy to know those sub-humans were right here.
Nanc is safe and sound. I called her today to check in on my cousin Eddie (her
brother) who luckily was at Cape Cod. His partner Matt though, was in NYC.
Thankfully he too is safe and sound.

Dawna

Sep 11, 2001, 7:08:41 PM9/11/01
"Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<RBsn7.4946$Fa3.54...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...

Yup, he's fine, and if he can't get back online by tonight, I'll be
posting his opinions. Just so you won't miss him. :)

~~~Dawna

Stevie Nice

Sep 11, 2001, 7:16:50 PM9/11/01
"Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<BJpn7.4799$kK.539...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...

This is just fucking surreal, rest assured that punishment will be
swift and justified; BTW I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately,
I love you all, I have just been very busy with some personal issues.

rach

Sep 11, 2001, 7:25:49 PM9/11/01
Good to see you here Stevie

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 7:44:12 PM9/11/01
And so the word went out from stevi...@raidersfan.net (Stevie Nice):

>This is just fucking surreal, rest assured that punishment will be
>swift and justified; BTW I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately,
>I love you all, I have just been very busy with some personal issues.

We love you, too, Stevie! We already had word via Dawna and Kelly
that you were okay but it's still wonderful to "see you" for real, thanks
for checking in! I called my Mum earlier this afternoon just to tell her
how much I love her. It's been that kind of day.

TD

Anne

Sep 11, 2001, 10:00:14 PM9/11/01
<< >This is just fucking surreal, rest assured that punishment will be
>swift and justified; BTW I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately,
>I love you all, I have just been very busy with some personal issues.

Great to see your post, Stevie. Kelly and I had Instant Messaged earlier
today and she told me that you were okay, but, just the same, it's great to
hear from you personally.
Now once we get Buddy back in here, we will all feel even more relieved. I'm
glad he was in touch with Dawna to pass along the word that he is safe.
Anne :-)
Class of 1980

Nanc

Sep 12, 2001, 7:23:37 AM9/12/01
Hey Stevie- so happy you are okay. TD I called my mother too. She lives
alone and the thought of her being alone made me worry. Why? I knew she was
safe. I think at a time like this we just want to be with the people we
love. As soon as I got home from work I came right in here to see if
everyone was okay. WHERE IS NAZ? BTW my mother was with my brother and that
made me sigh with relief. Matt left NYC last night and is with them now :-)
Nanc

Anne

Sep 12, 2001, 8:06:19 AM9/12/01
<< BTW my mother was with my brother and that
made me sigh with relief. Matt left NYC last night and is with them now :-)
Nanc

I'm so glad to hear that they are all safe.

Nanc

Sep 12, 2001, 6:15:09 PM9/12/01
Thanks Anne. It was really miraculous according to Matt. He said he finally
got out of the hotel and when he got to the street there was one cab sitting
there. He hopped in the cab and told him to go to Penn Station. There
weren't supposed to be any trains running but when he got there he found ONE
train heading north and got on it. He said the thing that was even weirder
is that the train wasn't even full. I thank God He sent him in the right
direction!
Nanc

Naz Reyes

Sep 12, 2001, 7:05:16 PM9/12/01

Nanc wrote:

> Hey Stevie- so happy you are okay. TD I called my mother too. She lives
> alone and the thought of her being alone made me worry. Why? I knew she was
> safe. I think at a time like this we just want to be with the people we
> love. As soon as I got home from work I came right in here to see if
> everyone was okay. WHERE IS NAZ? BTW my mother was with my brother and that
> made me sigh with relief. Matt left NYC last night and is with them now :-)
> Nanc

Nanc, so happy to see Stevie, too...oh yea, I'm here :-)

I'm so glad it was my day off yesterday - it would've taken me hours to get
home with the stuff that was going on and I pass the Pentagon every day to and
from work, and would've worried my parents (they live only 3 miles from me).
But, instead, my sis called me around noon yesterday(I had no idea what was
happening at the time) and she told me what happened. She told me to turn the
TV on, and all I can say was "oh God...oh God". Sigh. Shock...that was my
first reaction...and numbness. I wasn't sad or mad at anyone or anything. It
was weird. I just couldn't believe this was happening in America! On top of
that - the World Trade Center, of all places.

But, the best thing that came out of this was, I started talking to my parents
again...I haven't talked to them in almost 2 months because of some petty
argument...so glad to hear my mom and my dad's voice again. I called them and
told them I loved them...I visited them that night and stayed in their place,
had dinner, and watched the WTC collapsing.

I'm *still* shocked.

-Naz

recsec

Sep 12, 2001, 7:10:43 PM9/12/01
Naz, good to see you & to know that you are allright. Now if we can just
hear from Jeff Troutman who lives in the D.C. area himself, then we will all
be present & accounted for.

God Bless America

Billy

Stevie Nice

Sep 12, 2001, 9:05:27 PM9/12/01
"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<V1xn7.10431$Ye2.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

> Good to see you here Stevie

great to be here Rach, thanx, just awful to watch though; and early
weds. morning my tv went on the fritz, so I spent half of today
getting a new one, 27 inch so I can read everyone better, and see my
typos more visibly.

Stevie Nice

Sep 12, 2001, 9:07:21 PM9/12/01
ti...@idirect.com (Tiny Dancer) wrote in message news:<3b9ea05e...@dp-news.maxwell.syr.edu>...

Thanx for the kind words TD, yeah my mom's a pain in the ass but it
doesn't hurt to give her those 3 words every now and then; you just
never know...

Stevie Nice

Sep 12, 2001, 9:08:56 PM9/12/01
al...@aol.com (Anne ) wrote in message news:<20010911220014...@mb-fy.aol.com>...

thanx, Anne, hey I haven't seen you around here much lately, your neck
of the woods have a little excitement today what with the possible
arrests of other suspects in this atrocity?

Stevie Nice

Sep 12, 2001, 9:13:14 PM9/12/01
Thanx Nanc, so how is Matt handling it? Did he see any of the terror up close?

Jeff Troutman

Sep 12, 2001, 9:13:59 PM9/12/01
"recsec" <rec...@flash.net> wrote:
> Naz, good to see you & to know that you are allright. Now if we can just
> hear from Jeff Troutman who lives in the D.C. area himself, then we will
all
> be present & accounted for.

Present & accounted for.

I also go through the Pentagon to and from work each day. Indeed, the
attack took place just a few hours after I went through that morning.

I'm a government employee, which is something I don't believe I've mentioned
here before. There were some tense hours amongst my co-workers and myself
just wondering whether or not we might be next. Fortunately, we weren't.

Jeff Troutman

Anne

Sep 12, 2001, 9:41:41 PM9/12/01
Stevie Nice wrote:
<< thanx, Anne, hey I haven't seen you around here much lately, your neck of
the woods have a little excitement today what with the possible arrests of
other suspects in this atrocity?>>

I've been around lurking, just not feeling up to posting much lately. Yes,
there was a lot of confusion in town today at the Westin Hotel in Copley Place.
They took some men into custody, so we'll see how this plays out in the coming
days.

Dixon Hayes

Sep 12, 2001, 9:49:05 PM9/12/01
Anne wrote:

>I've been around lurking, just not feeling up to posting much lately. Yes,
>there was a lot of confusion in town today at the Westin Hotel in Copley
>Place. They took some men into custody, so we'll see how this plays out in the
coming days

I heard those guys were caught using the same credit cards as the ones the
hijackers used to get their plane tickets. Geez.

Dixon

===========
"Gomer, you get down there with them spiders and get to work!"
--Barney Fife

Classic Hollywood Squares:
http://www.geocities.come/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Dixon's Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/

Sunshine State

Sep 13, 2001, 3:21:36 AM9/13/01
I was driving to work, wondering why the roads were jammed at almost
11 a.m., when they broke into the music and went to all news. For five
minutes I wasn't able to get exactly what had happened, until finally one
of them said, "World Trade Center Twin Towers: They aren't there
any more." Then I knew why traffic wasn't moving, 1300 miles away
from the site.

Nanc

Sep 13, 2001, 7:20:29 AM9/13/01
Naz I'm so glad your okay! I knew you were in the area and when you didn't
post....well you know. I'm still in shock too.
Nanc

Nanc

Sep 13, 2001, 7:23:05 AM9/13/01
I haven't been able to talk to him yet. I'm going down to my mother's on
Sat. and Ed and Matt are going to be there too. I'll get his story then. I'm
just glad he's okay.
Nanc

Stevie Nice wrote in message
<23f3443b.01091...@posting.google.com>...

Sandy

Sep 13, 2001, 10:17:42 AM9/13/01
Thanks for checking in Stevie, Naz and Jeff. It's comforting to know your all
ok.
Jeff, I don't know what exactly you do for the government, but please stay
SAFE!