scam alert

2006 August 22

Sep 6, 2006, 2:57:15 AM9/6/06
I want to understand how a certain business scam works?
A China company offers large sum of contract and ask American business to
travel there to sign the contract.
Is there any scam and fraud alert on this?
Thank you.

peacenjoy

Sep 7, 2006, 2:43:24 AM9/7/06
Where did you get this "business offer" from? If it was sent by e-mail
to you without your previously contacting them, it is a scam. There
were hundreds of these 3 or 4 years ago, originating from Africa, and
then the Chinese criminal elements got the idea and tried it
themselves. There were reported cases of gullible Americans who
actually took a trip to Africa to "sign the deal", and were robbed and
murdered, but most of them got off lucky with their lives - their back
accounts were though emptied. If you are truly interested, you can
contact your local Chinese Embassy and have the company checked out.

peacenjoy

Sep 8, 2006, 1:54:05 AM9/8/06
That post of mine took 2 days to be posted since the day I sent it. No
wonder this forum is dead.

2006 August 22

Sep 12, 2006, 12:29:05 AM9/12/06
In general, it would take these guys with lots of guts to put something like
this so extensive to foreigners inside China. Its doesn't take much to fully
documented the scam, with pictures and video, and sent it to the western
press who would routinely print daily China bashing stories.
With this kind of exposures, China security forces do easily caught these
guys and the punishment is extreme, typically executed by firing squad, in
front of large audience, is weekly event, in most little towns.
So, in China, its very hard for me to believe this kind of extensive scams.
In fact, typical China business dealing, is "STATE" business and typically
there is no hidden private business.

"peacenjoy" <peac...@yahoo.com> wrote in message