stripes, thirty somthing and hosers....

Fotio XIPOLITAKIS

Feb 19, 1990, 1:29:18 PM2/19/90

I was whatching stripes for the Nth time this weekend when I noticed
something... The guy who fires the mortar which injurs SGT. Hulka was
the guy who currently plays eliot on thirty something... Dave Thomas was
the MC at the mud wrestling joint ...

Does anyone know of any movies which had bit parts done buy currently
popular actors(actresses)? I'm not talking about small camio apperances,
but of bit parts before they became popular....

zippy

Dave bd Hsu

Feb 19, 1990, 6:52:11 PM2/19/90
In article <22...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> zi...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Fotio XIPOLITAKIS) writes:
> Does anyone know of any movies which had bit parts done buy currently
>popular actors(actresses)? I'm not talking about small camio apperances,
>but of bit parts before they became popular....

Well, as long as you're talking about Tim Busfield, you may recall
that he was the violin-playing geek in both Revenge of the Nerds films.
Somehow, it has escaped Time magazine's reviewers for a fifth year that
John Goodman played the coach; they're still trying to convince people
that David Byrne's "True Stories" was his big break.

I was watching The Empire Strikes Back yesterday and noticed that the
rebel officer who orders the storm doors closed at the beginning is
John Ratzenberger, who plays Cliff the mailman on Cheers.

I don't think Sixteen Candles was out yet when Molly Ringworm (snkk)
appeared in "Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared Syn". Or was that
"Spacehunter"?

Lots of grown up child actors. Most everybody knows now that Pia Zadora
was the little girl in "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". How many of
you remember that Dean Stockwell was "The Boy with Green Hair"?

etc etc.

-dave

--
Dave Hsu Systems Research Center
h...@eng.umd.edu The Maryversity of Uniland, College Park, MD 20742-3311

"We plan ahead. That way, we don't do anything right now."

Peter D. Hampe

Feb 19, 1990, 9:34:34 PM2/19/90
In article <22...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> zi...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Fotio XIPOLITAKIS) writes:

There was a flick starring 4 story tarantulas made in the fifties.
at the end the AF rockets it from F-86s (I think). Lead pilot was
Clint Eastwood, but all you see are eyes over the oxy mask..

And we mustn't forget Col Klink was in "Judgement at Nurenburg" as
was Capt Kirk as a captian.

Doug Krause

Feb 20, 1990, 6:24:10 AM2/20/90
In article <86...@wpi.wpi.edu> ligh...@wpi.wpi.edu (Minion of Thor) writes:
#Well, Pee Wee Herman, (then known as Paul Reubens) played a waiter in
#the Blues Brothers.

I don't think Pee Wee was in The Blues Brothers.

#Also, in Stripes, the Lieutenant or whatever his rank was, was played
#by John Laroquette.

Captain Stillman. He also had a small part in Altered States.

Douglas Krause One yuppie can ruin your whole day.
University of California, Irvine Internet: dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu
Welcome to Irvine, Yuppieland USA BITNET: DJKrause@ucivmsa

Doug Krause

Feb 20, 1990, 6:25:49 AM2/20/90
In article <1990Feb19.2...@eng.umd.edu> h...@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu) writes:
#I was watching The Empire Strikes Back yesterday and noticed that the
#rebel officer who orders the storm doors closed at the beginning is
#John Ratzenberger, who plays Cliff the mailman on Cheers.

Yow! Time to watch TESB again!

#I don't think Sixteen Candles was out yet when Molly Ringworm (snkk)
#appeared in "Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared Syn". Or was that
#"Spacehunter"?

Watch early episodes of The Facts of Life. She's young, but you
can't miss her.

Minion of Thor

Feb 20, 1990, 1:24:24 AM2/20/90
In article <22...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> zi...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Fotio XIPOLITAKIS) writes:

> I was whatching stripes for the Nth time this weekend when I noticed
>something... The guy who fires the mortar which injurs SGT. Hulka was
>the guy who currently plays eliot on thirty something... Dave Thomas was
>the MC at the mud wrestling joint ...

Well, Pee Wee Herman, (then known as Paul Reubens) played a waiter in
the Blues Brothers.

Also, in Stripes, the Lieutenant or whatever his rank was, was played

by John Laroquette.

Hmmmmm. (Derek can you think of any others) Guess not, if I come up
with anymore I'll be sure to post.

-lightnin

This message is the result of years of prepatory research, hours upon
hours of laboratory work, and the hard work of a crack back up team of
researchers totally dedicated to its purpose (Yeah, right!)

"...and the flowers are still standing!" -Noted Scientist

ligh...@wpi.wpi.edu or ligh...@wpi.BITNET

Dave bd Hsu

Feb 20, 1990, 8:50:16 AM2/20/90
In article <86...@wpi.wpi.edu> ligh...@wpi.wpi.edu (Minion of Thor) writes:
>Also, in Stripes, the Lieutenant or whatever his rank was, was played
>by John Laroquette.

I thought Laroquette was well known before that for his part as a
regular on "Baa Baa Black Sheep"?

peter holland

Feb 20, 1990, 2:00:39 PM2/20/90
In article <1990Feb19.2...@eng.umd.edu> h...@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu) writes:
>I don't think Sixteen Candles was out yet when Molly Ringworm (snkk)
>appeared in "Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared Syn". Or was that
>"Spacehunter"?

Spacehunter(I think it had the subtitle: Adventures in the Forbidden
Zone) was released first. I saw Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared Syn in
its mediocre 3D when it first came out. I was recently flipping channels
and came across it on television and I noticed that one of the big guys who
gives the tracker information was Richard Moll, Bull Shannon on TV's Night
Court.

--
Peter P. Holland III || Disclaimer: My opinions are the result of a static
|| electricity charge that happened when I touched the
|| terminal and have no basis in thought and no one is
hol...@studsys.UUCP || taking responsiblity for them.

Daniel Bryan Crank

Feb 20, 1990, 4:53:02 PM2/20/90
In article <22...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> zi...@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Fotio XIPOLITAKIS) writes:

> Does anyone know of any movies which had bit parts done buy currently
>popular actors(actresses)? I'm not talking about small camio apperances,
>but of bit parts before they became popular....

I can think of a couple...Pee-Wee Herman (Paul Reubens) was one of the waiters
at the restaurant in The Blues Brothers. You know, the one Mister Fabulous
was maitre'd of when he quit playing for the band...

Jake: "I'll have five shrimp cocktails, some bread for my brother..."

[Elwood nods]

Jake: "...and bring us a bottle of your finest champagne."

Pee-Wee: "We have a Dom Perignon at a hundred and twenty dollars a bottle."

Jake: "That'll be fine."

This doesn't really fit into the same category (stars making cameos before
they hit it big), but Doctor Demento makes an appearance in UHF -- he's one
of the members of the audience of "Stanley Spadowski's Clubhouse." He's
listed in the credits as "Whipped Cream Eater."

"Great roaring engines now will lift my wings; | Yoyodyne Propulsion
Rockets now and spacecraft to the center of the sky." | Systems, Inc.
-Jefferson Airplane, "Planes" | "Where the Future
Email to dbc...@cec1.wustl.edu (Top Secret Think Tank) | Begins Tomorrow"

Don Box

Feb 20, 1990, 9:24:58 PM2/20/90
Pee Wee Herman was also in the second Cheech & Chong film (Up In Smoke?).
He played the hotel clerk/stand-up comic.

Minion of Thor

Feb 20, 1990, 10:52:35 PM2/20/90
Someone mentioned Richard Moll in another movie, and it gave my memory a little
boost. I'm not sure which came out first, that movie or this one, but
Richard Moll was in the movie Caveman as the abominable snowman.

Also in that movie, before I realised they were stars anyway, are
Dennis Quaid, and Shelly Long.

Other movies on the way, as soon as something jars my memory again.

Mike Wommack

Feb 21, 1990, 3:51:26 PM2/21/90
> One Star Trek episode (the one where the "grups" develop forearm splotches)
> features Michael J. Pollard (Bonnie & Clyde, Roxanne, many others) as one of
> the older children.

Is that the same guy who played the lab assitant in "Tango & Cash" ?

Mike...Ya know it! Taxman@Drycas Tax...@Drycas.Club.Cc.Cmu.Edu
Drycas::Taxman !Uunet!Drycas.Club.Cc.Cmu.Edu!Taxman
How can ya dis me when ya don't even know me?

Jonathan Rosenberg

Feb 21, 1990, 4:29:28 PM2/21/90
From: brt...@wyatt.ksux.ksu.edu (Brett McCoy)
Newsgroups: alt.cult-movies
Subject: Re: stripes, thirty somthing and hosers....
Date: 21 Feb 90 18:47:26 GMT

> The movie that Molly Ringwald "starred" in was _Cherry 2000_ where she played
> an android that was the answer to every man's dreams.

Sure you're not thinking of Melanie Griffith?

JR

Jeffrey Hornby

Feb 21, 1990, 5:46:44 PM2/21/90
>I don't think Sixteen Candles was out yet when Molly Ringworm (snkk)
>appeared in "Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared Syn". Or was that
>"Spacehunter"?

Spacehunter

Jeffrey Hornby

Feb 21, 1990, 5:51:46 PM2/21/90
In article <25E2E2...@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> brt...@wyatt.ksux.ksu.edu (Brett McCoy) writes:

>The movie that Molly Ringwald "starred" in was _Cherry 2000_ where she played
>an android that was the answer to every man's dreams.
>
>--
I just saw _Cherry 2000_ about a month ago, and believe me it was not
Molly Ringwald in the part of the android. It was some nameless actress.
The part of the tracker, however, was played by Melanie Griffith.

Dale L. Wiles

Feb 21, 1990, 11:33:09 AM2/21/90
In article <88...@wpi.wpi.edu> ligh...@wpi.wpi.edu (Minion of Thor) writes:
>Richard Moll was in the movie Caveman as the abominable snowman.

Richard Moll was also the demon in "Sword and Sorcery", starring Lee
Horsley?

Reply to: ...!{watmath,boulder,rutgers}!acsu.buffalo.edu!planck!wiles%hercules
*Disclaimer: Anyone who's opinion is changed by a *Looks more (bonk) like a
*disclaimer should be shot. If I said it, I meant *sick-e-more (bonk) to me!
*it, or else you were too stupid to get the joke! (snarl) *Yogi the Space Bear.

jeff_...@sirius.cis.ohio-state.edu

Feb 21, 1990, 10:03:06 PM2/21/90
Richard Moll was also Lucifer in _The_Dungeon_Master_ A particularly bad movie
which featured a hero who had a link to a computer surically implanted in his
brain....He also had an armband that enabled the computer to fire all sorts
of energy weapons and do lots of real silly things...

jk

-=-
I try to make everyones day a little more surreal -calvin (fill this space)
kno...@cis.ohio-state.edu(.and.all.that.b.s)|CIS Operator @ The Ohio State U.

Dave bd Hsu

Feb 21, 1990, 11:40:48 AM2/21/90
Enjoy a few more:

One Star Trek episode (the one where the "grups" develop forearm splotches)
features Michael J. Pollard (Bonnie & Clyde, Roxanne, many others) as one of
the older children.

"American Graffitti" is a classic for featuring Richard Dreyfuss, Cindy
Williams, Harrison Ford, and Suzanne Sommers.

Brett McCoy

Feb 21, 1990, 1:47:26 PM2/21/90
In article <1990Feb19.2...@eng.umd.edu> h...@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu) writes:
>I don't think Sixteen Candles was out yet when Molly Ringworm (snkk)
>appeared in "Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared Syn". Or was that
>"Spacehunter"?

The movie that Molly Ringwald "starred" in was _Cherry 2000_ where she played

an android that was the answer to every man's dreams.

--
Brett McCoy | The amount you can learn in a given period of
brt...@ksuvm.bitnet | time is inversely proportional to the time left

Matt hopkins

Feb 22, 1990, 8:09:16 AM2/22/90

Ya, Melanie Griffith was the tracker. The android (the Cherry 2000
model) was played by the same girl that was in _My Demon Lover_. I don't
remember the name offhand, but it was the same girl. The leader of the
"bad guys" was another one of those "spoof" actors, and I can't remember
his name either. (Gimme a break here, it's way too early in the morning
to do this.)

Matt

--
"Do you hate people?" "No ... but I seem to feel Matt Hopkins
better when they're not around." - Barfly George Mason University

Dale L. Wiles

Feb 22, 1990, 12:18:55 PM2/22/90
In article <25E128...@orion.oac.uci.edu> dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause) writes:
>In article <86...@wpi.wpi.edu> ligh...@wpi.wpi.edu (Minion of Thor) writes:
>#Well, Pee Wee Herman, (then known as Paul Reubens) played a waiter in
>#the Blues Brothers.
>
>I don't think Pee Wee was in The Blues Brothers.

Just to add to the confusion, I thought Pee Wee was one of the dish
washers in Aretha Frankland's dinner. (Where she did the great version
of "Think".) Pee Wee played the skinny white dish washer :-)

Fotio XIPOLITAKIS

Feb 22, 1990, 12:26:20 PM2/22/90

On an older note...

I belive Charles Bronson made his first apperance in the magnificent
seven...

zippy...

Barry Gingrich

Feb 22, 1990, 2:51:55 PM2/22/90
In article <1990Feb22....@planck.uucp> wiles%herc...@planck.UUCP (Dale L. Wiles) writes:
>In article <25E128...@orion.oac.uci.edu> dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause) writes:
>>I don't think Pee Wee was in The Blues Brothers.

>Just to add to the confusion, I thought Pee Wee was one of the dish
>washers in Aretha Frankland's dinner.

Well, let's clear the confusion...

Ok...here it is:

Paul Reubens played the snooty waiter in the Blues Brothers. He also
plays/is/hasmutatedinto Pee Wee Herman.

The dishwasher in Aretha's diner was played by "Blue Lou" Marini, who
played sax in the band.
--
- Barry gingrich%ti...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu OR bgin...@Intrepid.ECE.UKans.EDU

CXS...@psuvm.psu.edu

Feb 22, 1990, 3:45:57 PM2/22/90
In article <1990Feb22....@planck.uucp>, wi...@falcon.uucp (Dale L. Wiles)
says:

>Just to add to the confusion, I thought Pee Wee was one of the dish
>washers in Aretha Frankland's dinner. (Where she did the great version
>of "Think".) Pee Wee played the skinny white dish washer :-)

Nope. I believe you're thinking of "Blue" Lou Marini. He accompanies Matt
"Guitar" Murphy when they leave at the end of Aretha's number. Lou was a
guest soloist at one of my high school jazz band concerts. He has a total of
about three lines in the whole movie. Excellent musician. He was also a
sax player for Blood, Sweat and Tears.
-------
I Schooney I I I
I A34 Hamilton Hall I USERID:cxs149 I "Chicken Wire?" I
I University Park, PA I NODE:psuvm I -"Blue" Lou I
I________16802________I____________________I____________________________I

Michael Winston Woodring

Feb 22, 1990, 3:50:59 PM2/22/90
Pee Wee was a waiter in the fancy restaurant in Blues Brothers.

Brett McCoy

Feb 21, 1990, 6:11:10 PM2/21/90
In article <8ZskUsa00...@andrew.cmu.edu> j...@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Rosenberg) writes:
>From: brt...@wyatt.ksux.ksu.edu (Brett McCoy)

>> The movie that Molly Ringwald "starred" in was _Cherry 2000_ where she played
>> an android that was the answer to every man's dreams.
>
>Sure you're not thinking of Melanie Griffith?

Yes. The girl had red hair and pouty lips, that much I'm positive of, and
while I don't have the tape here, I'm sure that she was the one in it. It
was probably one of her earliest movies, but I'm not sure of the date.

Eric Ant Von Laudermann

Feb 22, 1990, 8:57:13 PM2/22/90
In article <25E128...@orion.oac.uci.edu>, dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause) writes:
> In article <86...@wpi.wpi.edu> ligh...@wpi.wpi.edu (Minion of Thor) writes:
> #Well, Pee Wee Herman, (then known as Paul Reubens) played a waiter in
> #the Blues Brothers.
>
> I don't think Pee Wee was in The Blues Brothers.

He was too! (Real name Paul Reubens)

> #Also, in Stripes, the Lieutenant or whatever his rank was, was played
> #by John Laroquette.
>
> Captain Stillman. He also had a small part in Altered States.

John Laroquette was also a KKK man in "Twilight Zone: the Movie".

--E.V.L.

"Be excellent to each other"

Disclaimer: "It's all absolutely devastatingly true, except the bits that are
lies." --Douglas Adams

ga...@oak.circa.ufl.edu

Feb 23, 1990, 2:54:01 AM2/23/90
In article <9...@studsys.mu.edu>, hol...@studsys.mu.edu (peter holland) writes...

|its mediocre 3D when it first came out. I was recently flipping channels
|and came across it on television and I noticed that one of the big guys who
|gives the tracker information was Richard Moll, Bull Shannon on TV's Night
|Court.

See Richard Moll in TerroTrain, and in the low-budget SF story Survivor...

gary%maple....@pine.circa.ufl.edu : Internet

"Sieg hail! All hail! Sieg hail!"
- Der Fuhrer, by Flotsam And Jetsam
"We killed it. We killed it! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!!"
- Tremors
Bang the head that doesn't bang! - Metallica and alt.rock-n-roll.metal

Neil Gilmore

Feb 24, 1990, 5:50:04 PM2/24/90
In article <77...@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, jeff_...@sirius.cis.ohio-state.edu writes...

>Richard Moll was also Lucifer in _The_Dungeon_Master_ A particularly bad movie
>which featured a hero who had a link to a computer surically implanted in his
>brain....He also had an armband that enabled the computer to fire all sorts
>of energy weapons and do lots of real silly things...

In this flick, there are 7(?) sequences tied together with the plot
(again, ?) of the 'old magic' (sorcery) vs 'new magic' (computers).
I believe that all he had was the armband, it told him stuff from
memory, and the energy weapons, and things. Each of the sequences had a
different director and writer. This led me to believe that it might be
several student projects strung together. The seqwuences: ugly guys
steal armband to sacrifice to huge stone statue, lots of historical
horrific characters in a cave, mad max style car chase, I can't remember
more. Real bad.

| Kitakaze Tatsu Raito Neil Gilmore internet:gil...@macc.wisc.edu |
| Jararvellir, MACC, UW-Madison bitnet: gilmore@wiscmac3 |
| Middle Kingdom Madison, Wi |

Chris Adams

Feb 24, 1990, 6:01:21 PM2/24/90
In article <82...@sun.acs.udel.edu> con...@sun.acs.udel.edu (Jon Conrad) writes:
>People are bound to mention Jeff Goldblum's one line in Annie Hall, but
>actually he'd had leading roles in two Altman films already and was
>kind of slumming in this movie.
>Jon

And don't forget that, in the same movie, Alvie's date, in the next to last
scene, is Sig. Weaver.

--
ham...@sun.udel.edu
--------------------

Herschel Browne

Feb 25, 1990, 2:34:03 AM2/25/90
Yes, "Pee Wee Herman", known also as Paul Reubens, was in the
Blues Brothers. His real name is Paul Rubenfeld. I went to
school with him. In fact, I had sex with him. There, I said
it. He was a real jerk, actually...otherwise I wouldn't
reveal such a thing.

Eric Ant Von Laudermann

Feb 25, 1990, 1:09:09 PM2/25/90
Matt Frewer had bit part in "Supergirl".

--E.V.L.

jcsch...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Feb 25, 1990, 4:34:25 PM2/25/90
In article <25E53BC...@orion.oac.uci.edu>, dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause) writes:
> In article <6...@Intrepid.ECE.UKans.EDU> bgin...@Intrepid.ECE.UKans.EDU (Barry Gingrich) writes:
> #The dishwasher in Aretha's diner was played by "Blue Lou" Marini, who
> #played sax in the band.
>
> And played with the World's Most Dangerous Band a couple nights ago.

Paul Shaffer (the world's most dangerous band) used to be in the Sat. Night
Live Band, in which capacity he also served as Musical Director of the Blues
Brothers Band.

|Rocky/

mec3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

Feb 26, 1990, 8:44:10 PM2/26/90

I'm not sure that he's really a popular actor, but Arliss Howard
from the new film "Men Don't Leave" was also a snitch in the movie
"Tequila Sunrise" and he played the doomed Cowboy in Kubrick's
"Full Metal Jacket". Also, Vincent D'orfino, who played Private
Plye in "FMJ" was on Miami Vice once. Not many people know this,
but he's really not that fat. He had to gain 70 pounds for the
role of Private Pyle.
:vi

Jo Ellen McCoy

Feb 27, 1990, 12:11:25 PM2/27/90
In article <12439...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mec3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> ...also, Vincent D'orfino, who played Private Pyle in "Full Metal
> Jacket" was on Miami Vice once. Not many people know this, but

> he's really not that fat. He had to gain 70 pounds for the role
> of Private Pyle.

Yup! For those of you who've seen "Adventures In Babysitting," Thor
(the tall, blonde guy w/the sledgehammer at the garage repair shop) is
a much trimmer Vincent D'orfino!!

Also, the chick who was just in "Blaze" with Paul Newman has a bit part
in "Adventures In Babysitting" as the college bimbo one of the young guys
kisses at the U. of Chicago frat. party!!
-jo

Amanda Graham

Feb 27, 1990, 4:30:53 PM2/27/90
>There are so many examples of this kind of thing. Let me, as an
>alternative mention the 1977 movie Between the Lines (I've seen it for
>rent in several stores): John Heard, Stephen Collins, Lindsay Crouse,
>Jill Eikenberry, and Marilu Henner all made their movie debuts in it!
>(Jeff Goldblum and Bruno Kirby are in it too.)

I'm almost positive John Heard appeared in a movie before _Between the
Lines_ called something like _Making Love_(?). It came out in either
1976 or 77. He played William Katt's college roommate. Susan Dey was
also in it as Katt's girlfriend. It was not a bad little film, but I
especially remember John Heard because he did a good job with a rather
small role.

Dave Alexander

Feb 28, 1990, 1:19:15 AM2/28/90
In article <37...@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>

mec3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>> ...also, Vincent D'orfino, who played Private Pyle in "Full Metal
>> Jacket"

> Yup! For those of you who've seen "Adventures In Babysitting,"

> Thor (the tall, blonde guy w/the sledgehammer at the garage
> repair shop) is a much trimmer Vincent D'orfino!!

I think his name is Vincent D'Onofrio.

He was also slim and hard to recognize in "Mystic Pizza" as
the fisherman boyfriend.

-- Dave Alexander

--
"Books are for the scholar's idle times. When he can read God
directly, the hour is too precious to be wasted in other men's

Jon Conrad

Feb 28, 1990, 9:34:24 AM2/28/90
> "Full Metal Jacket". Also, Vincent D'orfino, who played Private
> Plye in "FMJ" was on Miami Vice once. Not many people know this,
> but he's really not that fat. He had to gain 70 pounds for the

Correction, please.

EVERYBODY knows this. It was probably the most publicized Aspect of
Full Metal Jacket that Vincent D'Onofrio had to gain all that weight
for the movie! Unlike many people who have said this (Shelley Winters
for one), he actually managed to lose it again afterwards.

Jon

Jon Conrad

Feb 28, 1990, 9:41:25 AM2/28/90
In article <3...@mathlab.math.ufl.EDU> ama...@babel.math.ufl.EDU (Amanda Graham) writes:
>I'm almost positive John Heard appeared in a movie before _Between the
>Lines_ called something like _Making Love_(?). It came out in either
>1976 or 77. He played William Katt's college roommate. Susan Dey was
>also in it as Katt's girlfriend. It was not a bad little film, but I

The movie you're thinking of was called First Love. You're quite
correct about all the people you named in it, but it came out a year
AFTER Between the Lines. (I haven't a reference at hand, but I
definitely remember noticing Heard in BTL, thinking "that's an
interesting actor I'll watch out for," and then about a year later
seeing that he had the roommate role in this new movie First Love.

Making Love was a 1982 movie with Kate Jackson, Harry Hamlin, and
Michael Ontkean.

And I remember that First Love was filmed with some quite explicit
love scenes, got an X rating, and was re-cut at the last minute to
get an R. Now THAT's one that I wish they'd come out with an
"unrated version" on videocassette. Wouldn't you like to see X-
rated footage of Susan Dey and William Katt (either or both, depending
on your tastes) going at it??

By the way, Swoosie Kurtz had a tiny part in this movie. It must
have been one of HER first.

Jon

Roger B.A. Klorese

Mar 5, 1990, 9:40:49 PM3/5/90
In article <25E2E2...@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> brt...@wyatt.ksux.ksu.edu (Brett McCoy) writes:
>In article <1990Feb19.2...@eng.umd.edu> h...@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu) writes:
>>I don't think Sixteen Candles was out yet when Molly Ringworm (snkk)
>>appeared in "Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared Syn". Or was that
>>"Spacehunter"?
>
>The movie that Molly Ringwald "starred" in was _Cherry 2000_ where she played
>an android that was the answer to every man's dreams.

Don't forget "Tempest."
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE MIPS Computer Systems, Inc. phone: +1 408 720-2939
MS 4-02 928 E. Arques Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94086 rog...@mips.COM

Roger B.A. Klorese

Mar 5, 1990, 9:43:56 PM3/5/90
In article <1990Feb19.2...@eng.umd.edu> h...@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu) writes:
>Lots of grown up child actors. Most everybody knows now that Pia Zadora
>was the little girl in "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". How many of
>you remember that Dean Stockwell was "The Boy with Green Hair"?

...or that Ann Jillian was Baby Louise in "Gypsy"?

Larry Gillespie

Mar 6, 1990, 1:48:05 PM3/6/90
In article <36...@mips.mips.COM> rog...@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) writes:
>...or that Ann Jillian was Baby Louise in "Gypsy"?

Actually, Ann Jillian was "Baby June", not "Baby Louise". Louise was
her sister, and was the person who eventually became
Gypsy Rose Lee. The star, when they were children, was little June,
not Louise. June became June Haver, the movie actress.

-Larry Gillespie

Amanda Graham

Mar 6, 1990, 2:42:04 PM3/6/90
In article <36...@mips.mips.COM> rog...@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) writes:
>In article <1990Feb19.2...@eng.umd.edu> h...@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu) writes:
>>Lots of grown up child actors. Most everybody knows now that Pia Zadora
>>was the little girl in "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". How many of
>>you remember that Dean Stockwell was "The Boy with Green Hair"?
>
>...or that Ann Jillian was Baby Louise in "Gypsy"?
>--
...or Robert Blake was the little Mexican kid in "Treasure of Sierra Madre"?