Snow Bunnies & Piranha Women in the Avocado Jungle...

1 view

Jim Skea

Sep 11, 1990, 8:57:08 AM9/11/90
I plucked up the courage to get Holywood Chainsaw Hookers out of
our local library last weekend, and found it (surprisingly) quite
funny & enjoyable. While there, I noticed two other potentials, viz.

Snow Bunnies (Nerds on Vacation)
Piranha Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death

neither of which are in the Time Out film guide, or Leonard Maltin's.

Can anyone tell me whether it's a complete waste of money to see them?

--
Jim Skea :ji...@uk.ac.susx.syma
(or for all those who drive on the wrong side of the road)

BUZ

Sep 11, 1990, 10:42:55 PM9/11/90

I saw Pirahna women in the avacada jungle of death , last christmas , from
what I can remember it was pretty damn silly . It was sort of serious in a
dumb sort of way .

I remember this one scene where the group of explorers run into a tribe
of men . They were all real wimps and knitted clothing if I remember correctly.
The main guy in the movie teaches them to become real tough and how to crack
on to women . He gets them saying " ha sexy mama hey love machine want to go
for a ride in my vette".

If that doesn't sum it up I don't know what does

Buz
---
*** James Busby. University of New England jbu...@gara.une.oz.au
*** '...it works for me...'

G. Andrew McGehee

Sep 12, 1990, 8:45:13 AM9/12/90
re: Piranha Women

Pretty corny, but was actually a rather funny spoof of feminist/feminazi
thought. Or lack of thought. :-)

- Andy

ka...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

Sep 12, 1990, 10:04:17 AM9/12/90
In article <34...@syma.sussex.ac.uk>, ji...@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Jim Skea) writes:
> I plucked up the courage to get Holywood Chainsaw Hookers out of
> our local library last weekend, and found it (surprisingly) quite
> funny & enjoyable. While there, I noticed two other potentials, viz.
>
> Snow Bunnies (Nerds on Vacation)
> Piranha Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
>
> neither of which are in the Time Out film guide, or Leonard Maltin's.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether it's a complete waste of money to see them?

Cinemax had Avocado on last month; however, they had is titled as
Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. It must be the same
movie because the cannibal women were called piranha women.

As for the movie itself, I thought it was pretty funny. It has some
really funny lines in it. It's perfect for a little mindless
entertainment.

> --
> Jim Skea :ji...@uk.ac.susx.syma
> (or for all those who drive on the wrong side of the road)
> Jim Skea :ji...@syma.susx.ac.uk (JANET)

--
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
| |

David L. Pope

Sep 12, 1990, 1:08:57 PM9/12/90
> Piranha Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death

This one is great! The fight scenes are the worst I've ever seen
(even worse than the lion fight in 'Scott of the Sahara').
It was on Cinemax a month ago (but I cancelled that channel due to
the rampant anti-gun hysteria they've displayed). It is on the
Playboy channel this month.

Random

G. Andrew McGehee

Sep 13, 1990, 9:28:12 AM9/13/90
In article <1990Sep12.1...@cbnewse.att.com> ran...@cbnewse.att.com (David L. Pope) writes:

>This one is great! The fight scenes are the worst I've ever seen
>(even worse than the lion fight in 'Scott of the Sahara').
>It was on Cinemax a month ago (but I cancelled that channel due to
>the rampant anti-gun hysteria they've displayed). It is on the
>Playboy channel this month.
>
> Random

This is a bit off the subject, I know, but I thought HBO was the station
that had showed the anti-gun docu-crap-drama.

BTW, did my posting about the title of _A Clockwork Orange_ answer every-
body's questions. I assume it did, since that was the last I heard about
it.

-- Andy

David L. Cathey, SYSOP

Sep 13, 1990, 9:43:04 AM9/13/90
In article <34...@syma.sussex.ac.uk>, ji...@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Jim Skea) writes:
> Piranha Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
>
> Jim Skea :ji...@uk.ac.susx.syma
> (or for all those who drive on the wrong side of the road)
> Jim Skea :ji...@syma.susx.ac.uk (JANET)

This one is showing on Cinemax (HBO? I forget...) this month.
It features Shannon Tweed, Adriane Barbeau, and some other chick who is
very sexy and dumb as a carrot.

There is 5 breasts (None of Shannon, Adriane, or air-head :-( ),
Bow/Arrow-Fu, Piranha Women-Fu, not much blood, and a plot so stupid I'm
suprised that Shannon and Adriane got through it without smirking in front
the the camera. I don't think Joe-Bob Briggs would want you to check it out...

Now there was one ("Penelope in the Land of the ...") with Tawny
Kittaen that was much more fun!
David L. Cathey |INET: dav...@montagar.lonestar.org
"Can't have everything, where would you |UUCP: ...!egsner!montagar!davidc
put it?"-Steven Wright "Everywhere!"-Me |Fone: (214)-618-2117

...here come the NEON GLADIATORS

Sep 14, 1990, 6:01:16 AM9/14/90
dav...@montagar.lonestar.org (David L. Cathey, SYSOP) writes:

Now there was one ("Penelope in the Land of the ...") with Tawny
Kittaen that was much more fun!

That's "The Perils of Gwendolyne in the Land of the Yik-yak." Pretty
lame movie, unless you're in it for the breast count, which somewhere
around the middle of the movie goes straight through the roof. Takes
itself too damn seriously.

Nix-bob gives it a "fast forward x 2" rating for the second half, x 16
for the first half.

Nick Thompson n...@sgi.com ...!uunet!sgi!nix

"I'll pay for the damage"
-- Jackie Chan

Dale L. Wiles

Sep 14, 1990, 3:00:15 PM9/14/90
In article <39...@montagar.lonestar.org> dav...@montagar.lonestar.org (David L.

:

> Now there was one ("Penelope in the Land of the ...") with Tawny
>Kittaen that was much more fun!

Ah yes, "The Perils of Gwendolin in the land of the Yic Yac". (Or sompin like
that!) Not bad. It had it's share of 'name' nudity. But amongst all the nudity
and sillyness, it also had too many dull parts. I have a couple of questions.
First, was this an italian movie? We have an international station around here
that has 'Italian Cine' night and they show a lot of 'nudie warrior babes'
movies. Also, was this adapted from the comic book "The Perils Of Sweet
Gwendolin"? (A softcore B and D comic book.)

Reply to: ...!{watmath,boulder,rutgers}!acsu.buffalo.edu!planck!wiles%hercules
Disclaimer: I'm right, your wrong, so disclaim this!!! <Rude hand gesture.>
"Hey, Hey! This is not a lending library. If your not going to buy that thing
put it down or I'll blow your heads off!" Ahpu of the Quickie Mart

Steve Hideg (Mr. Fabulous)

Sep 14, 1990, 5:40:19 PM9/14/90
How does one correctly pronounce "Kittaen"?

____________________________________
Steve Hideg (N8HSC)

hi...@spsd4330a.erim.org

Jon von Zelowitz

Sep 14, 1990, 7:43:33 PM9/14/90
In article <36...@gara.une.oz.au> jbu...@gara.une.oz.au (BUZ) writes:
>The main guy in the movie teaches them to become real tough and how to crack
>on to women .

"How to crack on to women"? Is this Oz slang? Please explain. Thanks, mate.

New subject: Saw 1934 version of "Island of Lost Souls", from the story "The
Island of Dr. Moreau". Stars Charles Laughton. Outstanding. See it and
understand the origin of the phrase "are we not men".

Jon von Zelowitz vonz...@adobe.com ...sun!adobe!vonzelow
we do not eat meat

Synth F. Oberheim

Sep 16, 1990, 5:21:14 PM9/16/90
wi...@mercury.uucp (Dale L. Wiles) writes:

>Ah yes, "The Perils of Gwendolin in the land of the Yic Yac". (Or sompin like
>that!) Not bad. It had it's share of 'name' nudity. But amongst all the nudity
>and sillyness, it also had too many dull parts. I have a couple of questions.
>First, was this an italian movie?

Much to my chagrin, I have a copy of "The Perils of Gwendoline" on tape, and I
believe the movie is French ... underneath the dubbed English you can see the
actors mouthing French. Mouthing "oui" under "yes" is an obvious example.

A pretty pitiful flick, but I had thought back then that Tawny Kitaen was worth
it. This turned out not to be the case!

synth .:::::.