RIP, SNL's Charles Rocket

Steve Worek

Oct 15, 2005, 8:26:47 PM10/15/05
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117931030?categoryId=25&cs=1

This is a huge shock... he was one of my favorites. It's just such a shame
that the only memory people have of him on SNL was a bad one.

Arthur Levesque

Oct 15, 2005, 8:38:34 PM10/15/05

I forget - which Transylvanian did he play?
--
/\ Arthur Levesque <fnord?> http://boog.org & http://DammitJa.net __
\B\ack King of the Potato People & shanana-Cobain <*> Urban Spaceman (oO)

Steve Worek

Oct 15, 2005, 10:35:21 PM10/15/05
The one who said "fuck", got fired before filming was done, and was never
heard of again.

"Arthur Levesque" <b...@boog.orgy> wrote in message

randytheicon

Oct 16, 2005, 11:51:14 AM10/16/05
He was also Bostwick's body double during the Brad-Riff buttfuck
scene...

Seriously, though, Rocket, that cast and producer Jean Doumanian were
screwed from minute one, no matter how well they did. They had big,
BIG shoes to fill, and as it turned out weren't up to the task...IIRC
Eddie Murphy was the only star to come out of that line-up. I could be
wrong though.

Don Charette

Oct 18, 2005, 9:45:32 AM10/18/05
Ok. The joke may have been funny once. Now, it is just stupid. There are
people on this group whose entire life does not revolve around Rocky Horror
and realize that there are other people in the world. When a person loses a
performer and wishes it to be known because they care, we should at least
respect that fact.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

Arthur Levesque

Oct 18, 2005, 6:50:01 PM10/18/05
Arthur>I forget - which Transylvanian did he play?

Don>Ok. The joke may have been funny once. Now, it is just stupid.

It's not meant to be funny. I say the exact same thing every single
time for a reason. If you're getting sick of it -- GOOD. That's the
point.

Don>There are people on this group whose entire life does not revolve
Don>around Rocky Horror and realize that there are other people in the
Don>world.

Yep, and for those other people, there are OTHER NEWSGROUPS.

Don>When a person loses a performer

Did you look behind the sofa?

Don>and wishes it to be known because they care,

Oh, are we supposed to be impressed? Not because someone died, but
because you care so much? You should feel sorry for ME! It's all about
ME!! Not the person who died -- ME!! Because I **CARE**!!!

Don>we should at least respect that fact.

Bullshit. There's no fucking need for people to be tearing their hair
out every single time some two-bit third-rate hack in the world dies. This
is NOT alt.fucking.c-list.obituaries, and it has been stated time and time
again that some of us DON'T FUCKING CARE.
If you want to impress people by how much you care for someone you've
never even met, do it fucking somewhere else. There are places for that
sort of thing, AND THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Ruth F-W

Oct 18, 2005, 8:22:13 PM10/18/05
Thanks for saying so, Arthur.

My only use for dead C-list celebrities is to use as the next week's
callback line when Riff opens the coffin.

I have a non-Rocky life too, and like Arthur, I live it in non-Rocky
places.

Ruth

jefF - Midnight Madness

Oct 19, 2005, 10:08:15 AM10/19/05
Don Charette wrote:
> Ok. The joke may have been funny once. Now, it is just stupid. There are
> people on this group whose entire life does not revolve around Rocky Horror

Yeah, but THIS GROUP itself kinda sorta DOES. Apply everything else
Arthur said as if I did as well. Give it up already people. The only
joke here anymore on this subject is how long it'll take for some
jamoke here to mention some random dead celebrity that wouldn't know
Rocky Horror from a hole in the wall.

I don't even want MY OWN death mentioned here,
jefF

--
CRHAP Con - Chicago - July 27-30th, 2006
http://www.crhap.com/convention.htm

Douglas North

Oct 19, 2005, 4:08:54 PM10/19/05
<<Seriously, though, Rocket, that cast and producer Jean Doumanian were
screwed from minute one, no matter how well they did.>>

There were hit pieces written in the press about the cast before they
had even appeared on TV. Yes, they were destined to fail. Doumanian's
lack of comedic skills didn't help either.

<<IIRC Eddie Murphy was the only star to come out of that line-up. I
could be wrong though.>>

Joe Piscopo as well. Eddie started as an extra, moved up to "Featured
player" and then to full cast member, all in the space of 12 shows. He
was 19. Nineteen!! That always amazes me.

Douglas North

Oct 19, 2005, 3:03:40 PM10/19/05
>I forget - which Transylvanian did he play?

If it helps, I'll make it on-topic for ya. Charles Rocket was on SNL
during the 1980-81 season, which was considered a disappointment by
many. Because of this, ABC launched "Fridays" that same season, which
many saw as a ripoff of SNL. On Fridays, there was a sketch called "The
Ronnie Horror Show".

Or alternately, the season after Rocket was fired was seen as a major
comeback for the struggling SNL. One of the best episodes of the 81-82
season was the show hosted by Tim Curry with musical guest Meatloaf.

:)

MIBecky

Oct 19, 2005, 5:10:30 PM10/19/05

Now we're playing "10 Degrees of Tim Curry" again. ;)

I honestly feel the RHPS newsgroup is for RHPS News, discussions that
are OT should have some pertinence, and should be listed as OT.
Pertinent RHPS News includes news about the stars of the film, as well
as local news or information about community members or events. Unless
it's a huge tragedy, like the various bombings we've all been
experiencing (that affect community members), 'Regular News' really has
no business being announced here.

I'm one of those people who has Yahoo as my front page. When I see
Obituaries on Yahoo, I ALWAYS know someone is going to post them here.
Makes me want to avoid the NG for a couple of days. It's tedious and
this isn't the place for it. If this Newsgroup is your ONLY source for
this kind of info, that's sad. If it is, it's YOU who have nothing
else to do in life but dwell on RHPS, not us. I get my news from the
BBC and occasionally from Yahoo (double-checked, of course, if I care
about it). The RHPS Newsgroup simply isn't the place for it.

MIBecky

James

Oct 20, 2005, 5:50:24 AM10/20/05
Halle-Fucking-Lulah

Maybe it'll stop now.
Hopefully it'll stop now.

No, it probably won't, but I'm glad you said something.

Arthur Levesque wrote:
> Yep, and for those other people, there are OTHER NEWSGROUPS.
>
> Don>When a person loses a performer

> Don>and wishes it to be known because they care,

> If you want to impress people by how much you care for someone you've

Arthur Levesque

Oct 20, 2005, 12:57:53 PM10/20/05
James>I'm glad you said something.

Someone else pointed out that I forgot to insult his mother while I
was at it. I guess I can't do *everything*.