shocky embroidery

Gina

Mar 29, 2001, 2:59:22 AM3/29/01
hey, y'all...

i'm having a nation mckinley costume made by the lovely and talented ms.
saffron, but I'm not having her do that crazy red embroidery. anyone have any
idea the best/cheapest/most expedient way to have embroidery like that done?

any ideas would be welcomed.

Gina
Sins O' The Flesh, Los Angeles
Crazed Imaginations, San Diego

jefF - Midnight Madness

Apr 2, 2001, 5:03:23 PM4/2/01
> zam...@aol.communist (Gina) asked the musical question...

>but I'm not having her do that crazy red embroidery. anyone have any
>idea the best/cheapest/most expedient way to have embroidery like that done?

Assuming you're talking about the Sanity for Today logo, you can actually get
the file on our web page at
http://www.midnightmadness.org/st/shocky/arshocky/sftironon.htm

The page includes files and instructions for iron on (which unless you are
close up, looks quite nice and has worked well for our ST costumes). You can
sew over the iron on too at your leisure if you are crazy enough and have the
time later.
You can also use the .eps file included in the zip in most computer controlled
embroidery machines. There are probably lots of local places that can set it up
and do it for not a lot of $ (but I've never looked into it, so don't quote me
on that). Look in the phone book or on the web for embroidery or sports jersey
shops.

later,
jefF - Midnight Madness
Richard Dreyfuss in a newsgroup of fuckin' sharks.
---
Midnight Madness, homeless in Chicago, Official FermiLab Cast
Visit us on the web @ http://www.midnightmadness.org
The Ultimate Rocky Horror Links Page @
http://www.midnightmadness.org/ultimatelink.htm

Arthur Levesque

Apr 2, 2001, 7:10:54 PM4/2/01
Gina>...but I'm not having her do that crazy red embroidery. anyone
Gina>have any idea the best/cheapest/most expedient way to have
Gina>embroidery like that done?

jefF>Assuming you're talking about the Sanity for Today logo, you can
jefF>actually get the file on our web page at
jefF>http://www.midnightmadness.org/st/shocky/arshocky/sftironon.htm

I hand-painted "Sanity for Today" and "Dentonvale" on all of the
appropriate costumes for my cast, using some kind of fabric paint with
which I was provided...

/\ Arthur M Levesque 2A4W <*> b...@boog.orgy =/\= http://boog.org __
\B\ack King of the Potato People <fnord> "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" (oO)
\S\lash Member of a vast right-wing conspiracy (-O-) Urban Spaceman /||\
\/ I was a lesbian before it was fashionable "I hate rainbows!"-EC

BERNICHO

Apr 2, 2001, 10:59:48 PM4/2/01
Speaking of Shocky and the Sanity For Today bit, to anyone interested...

I had 10 of Farley's big Sanity For Today ribbons made, and 14 buttons(the
middle piece minus the rosetta)...if anyone wants one i'll be selling em at
FGTH on request.

Bernie Bregman
Sins O' The Flesh(Brad)
Aspiring Farley