Meatloaf News

Tony Young

Feb 24, 2002, 7:40:21 AM2/24/02
Just found this at the web site www.melodicrock.com, this is pieced together
from 2 articles they had:

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Rarely has an album sequel had as twisted
a road to being completed and been as successful as Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of
Hell 2 - Back Into Hell.
Sixteen years after the original became one of the best-selling albums of
the '70s, Bat Out Of Hell II put Meat Loaf back on top in 1993, completing a
phenomenal comeback.
Today, 25 years after Bat Out Of Hell and nearly a decade since its follow-up,
Bat Out Of Hell 2 (Deluxe Ed.) (MCA/UME), released March 19, 2002, resurrects
one of the most theatrical rock albums ever produced.
Now expanded into a two-CD set, BOOH2 adds the single edit of the #1 smash I'd
Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) as well as the radio edits of the
hits Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are, Rock And
Roll Dreams Come Through and Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back.
Also appended are a 1998 remix of Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back; an
acoustic Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are and
its Wild Car Mix, and three live tracks recorded in July 1993; Two Out Of
Three Ain't Bad, All Revved Up With No Place To Go and Heaven Can Wait. All of
the tracks have been 96k/24-bit remastered.

In related Meatloaf news, his new album is now re-titled Testify and is
scheduled for release in March. But, I am yet to see the release date posted
anywhere official, so that is likely to change to a later date.
Songs set to be featured on the album include: Do It . Love You Out Loud . Man
Of Steel . Shadow Land . Decadent Wish . Why Isn't That Enough? . Unsaid .
Tear Me Down.

Meat Loaf is indeed preparing his new album for release shortly, but the
producer of the album is Peter Mokran, not Mick Jones as originally intended.
An official website can be found here.
Some of the writers for the album include Nikki Sixx, James Michael, Diane
Warren, the guys of Better Than Ezra, Jo Davidson, Stephen Trask.

DrDimitri

Feb 24, 2002, 10:51:28 AM2/24/02
I was watching a movie the other day (on video), which showed a preview for the
movie Focus.
He is in it. BUT, the name he was going by on the credits is MICHAEL Lee Aday.
It tripped me out. Guess he doesn't want to be a Marvin anymore.

Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
Rocky/Frank
Actor w/ Barely Legal, Oakland, CA
Alumni:Erotic Nightmares,Bawdy Caste,Cosmic Light,Under Sedation
drdi...@aol.com
http://www.barelylegal.rhps.org
Awarded "Biggest Nut on the Net"

David M. Driskell

Feb 24, 2002, 4:36:40 PM2/24/02

> It tripped me out. Guess he doesn't want to be a Marvin anymore.

Poor fat Marvin can't wear Levis! Guess 180 pounds is too light to be
called Meat!

With all the love there ever was...........
David M. Driskell
http://www.mirrorofthesoul.com

Greaser From The Freezer

Feb 24, 2002, 6:49:19 PM2/24/02

"David M. Driskell" <NP2...@mirrorofthesoul.com> wrote in message

> Poor fat Marvin can't wear Levis! Guess 180 pounds is too light to be
> called Meat!

Whatever, Mr. 194 *snicker*
I on the other hand, am down to 135...

On a side note, for those of you who don't know him, this our cast's lovely
webmaster. Throw a spot on him, would ya gang?

Justin

David M. Driskell

Feb 24, 2002, 9:03:01 PM2/24/02
> On a side note, for those of you who don't know him, this our cast's
lovely
> webmaster. Throw a spot on him, would ya gang?

OH GAWD!

REV

Feb 27, 2002, 1:15:21 AM2/27/02
Listen, Tony Young <riff...@1s.net>, don't try to outweird me, I get
stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal!

>Just found this at the web site www.melodicrock.com, this is pieced together
>from 2 articles they had:
>
>LOS ANGELES, Feb. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Rarely has an album sequel had as twisted
>a road to being completed and been as successful as Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of
>Hell 2 - Back Into Hell.
>Sixteen years after the original became one of the best-selling albums of
>the '70s, Bat Out Of Hell II put Meat Loaf back on top in 1993, completing a
>phenomenal comeback.
>Today, 25 years after Bat Out Of Hell and nearly a decade since its follow-up,
>Bat Out Of Hell 2 (Deluxe Ed.) (MCA/UME), released March 19, 2002, resurrects
>one of the most theatrical rock albums ever produced.
>Now expanded into a two-CD set, BOOH2 adds the single edit of the #1 smash I'd
>Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) as well as the radio edits of the
>hits Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are, Rock And
>Roll Dreams Come Through and Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back.
>Also appended are a 1998 remix of Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back; an
>acoustic Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are and
>its Wild Car Mix, and three live tracks recorded in July 1993; Two Out Of
>Three Ain't Bad, All Revved Up With No Place To Go and Heaven Can Wait. All of
>the tracks have been 96k/24-bit remastered.
>

>Songs set to be featured on the album include: Do It . Love You Out Loud . Man
>Of Steel . Shadow Land . Decadent Wish . Why Isn't That Enough? . Unsaid .
>Tear Me Down.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Meat Loaf is indeed preparing his new album for release shortly, but the
>producer of the album is Peter Mokran, not Mick Jones as originally intended.
>An official website can be found here.
>Some of the writers for the album include Nikki Sixx, James Michael, Diane
>Warren, the guys of Better Than Ezra, Jo Davidson, Stephen Trask.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Meat Loaf... Doing Tear me down....

'Ladies and Gentlemen! Meat Loaf is like that wall...."

Interesting, but I don't quite see it.

And where the bloody hell is Jim Steinman in all this?!

--
Rev. Tracy Swineford AIM-RevAladdinSane
PreShow M.C./Occasional Eddie - Midnight Insanity -

Richard Davidson

Feb 27, 2002, 3:18:26 AM2/27/02
In article <i7uo7uorqvbq6vaqi...@4ax.com>, REV <t...@swcubed.com>
says...

> Meat Loaf... Doing Tear me down....
>
> 'Ladies and Gentlemen! Meat Loaf is like that wall...."
>
> Interesting, but I don't quite see it.

I know I've mentioned this a couple times and it's probably been brought up by a
couple others, but it's been stated in several articles that Stephen Trask is
"adjusting" (their word choice, not mine) some of the lyrics to fit Meat Loaf.
I'm not sure how much of a change that is, but it won't be the same song that is
performed in the play/film.

> And where the bloody hell is Jim Steinman in all this?!

Maybe it takes longer to compose music when you play the piano while wearing
leather gloves? ; )

--
See you round like a record,
Richard Davidson

"If you want to go see cool guitar licks go see The Who, you idiot! If you want
to go see a great musical performance go see Ray Charles, you moron! When people
want to see a barely-legal piece of prime USDA-grade pseudo jailbait, let us
have our Britney!"
- From a reply to Kevin Smith's article in Arena Magazine where he talked about
how he didn't understand the appeal of Britney Spears

Shiny Boots of Leather

Feb 27, 2002, 3:14:57 PM2/27/02
>> And where the bloody hell is Jim Steinman in all this?!

trying to finally get his musical produced in the US.....

Cyn

David M. Driskell

Feb 27, 2002, 4:46:34 PM2/27/02
> > And where the bloody hell is Jim Steinman in all this?!
>
> Maybe it takes longer to compose music when you play the piano while
wearing
> leather gloves? ; )

Jimmy has been working on the Broadway debut of Dance Of The Vampires, which
will mark Michael Crawford's return to Broadway. He is also working on a
musical called Garbo. His "pop chick" Karine fell through, thank God!

http://www.JimSteinman.com

Hope that helps!

With all the love there ever was.....

Martin A. Fairgrieve

Feb 27, 2002, 8:12:53 PM2/27/02

"David M. Driskell" wrote:

> > > And where the bloody hell is Jim Steinman in all this?!
> >
> > Maybe it takes longer to compose music when you play the piano while
> wearing
> > leather gloves? ; )
>
> Jimmy has been working on the Broadway debut of Dance Of The Vampires, which
> will mark Michael Crawford's return to Broadway. He is also working on a
> musical called Garbo. His "pop chick" Karine fell through, thank God!

This is the Musical that Sue Blane did the costumes for in Germany and is
waiting to hear if she is doing the broadway cozzies - just thought you'd like
to know
MARTY

"'The Time Has Come',the Walrus said
'To speak of many things'"

Lewis Carrol -
Alice Through the Looking Glass

Web site - http://members.tripod.com/~TARDISpilot/index.html

Vegas Eddie

Feb 28, 2002, 12:07:29 PM2/28/02

> > Jimmy has been working on the Broadway debut of Dance Of The Vampires, which
> > will mark Michael Crawford's return to Broadway. He is also working on a
> > musical called Garbo. His "pop chick" Karine fell through, thank God!
>
> This is the Musical that Sue Blane did the costumes for in Germany and is
> waiting to hear if she is doing the broadway cozzies - just thought you'd like
> to know
> MARTY

Yes and she is also doing the Costuming for it here in the U.S. if I
am not mistaken.

Scott James
VegasEddie
Divine Decadence