Little Nell

Andrew Seager

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Help!

Here in the UK, RH is on tour and is coming to a town near us soon and we
are all busy getting prepared (you know the drill - making holes in your
fishnets etc.)

BUT

We are debating as a group whether Little Nell (otherwise known as Laura
Campbell) died last year. Two of us have heard this but I can't find any
reference to her death (and not that I want to) on the web

Does anyone know??

Stagebari925804

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
No she did not die. She was just recently at the East Coast 2000 Convention in
Allentown PA. Charles Gray, who played the Criminologist just recently died.

Elemeno123

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

>No she did not die. She was just recently at the East Coast 2000 Convention
>in
>Allentown PA. Charles Gray, who played the Criminologist just recently died.

No, Nell died 20 years ago. The person we know as Nell now is just a very good
imposter. In fact, if you play the shock treatment soundtrack album backwards
you can hear it say, "Nell is dead. Nell is dead."

-Sonja

Andrew Seager

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Hurrah - thank goodness she is alive and well

"Andrew Seager" <and...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>No, Nell died 20 years ago. The person we know as Nell now is just a very
>good
>imposter. In fact, if you play the shock treatment soundtrack album
>backwards
>you can hear it say, "Nell is dead. Nell is dead."

You're half right. The "Nell is dead" message is indeed on the ST soundtrack
album, at the tail end of "Anyhow, Anyhow", on the inner groove of the record.
(of course, this has only been found on the Venezuelan pressing only) But Nell
actually died on the set of Rocky.

In an unforeseen mishap, a tech crew member discovered that an anti-matter
laser gun COULD actually be created, and between takes used one Richard's two
"prop" lasers as a prototype. Not knowing he was now actually using a laser, he
proceeded to shoot Nell, who fell in a manner not in the script. (The original
shooting script called for Nell to knock over the purple onion. After the
accident of course, all versions of this script were destroyed for cover-up
purposes.) When the crew member realized Richard had used the wrong gun in the
shot, he rectified the error, gave him the correct prop and shot the rest of
the scene without incident.

And the coverup began. But Nell's absence began to become mysterious, so the
search commenced to find a replacement. Needing to find someone fast, Richard
heard of the American audiences who had begun to dress and act as the
characters of the film. A proper replacement was found among the early shadow
casts. The young lady's name has been kept (understandably) under tight wraps,
but rumor has it that she is, in an odd turn of events- related to William
Campbell (who we all know took the place of Paul McCartney when he met a
similar demise in 1967).

The idea to cast her in Shock Treatment stemmed from suspicion that Nell was
not actually Nell. Her preparation for the role was staggering- voice lessons,
posture, everything- and her performance was so stellar that no further
questions were ever raised.

As for the prop laser/turned anti-matter gun, Richard himself took it from the
set and has kept it ever since.

Peace, Love, and Richard O'Brien
Q aka Vanessa
The NEW Richard O'Brien Crusade
http://come.to/richard_obrien

Ldy Frank

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>From: diko...@aol.combustibl

>As for the prop laser/turned anti-matter gun, Richard himself took it from
>the
>set and has kept it ever since.

...muttering "Fire the stupid propmaster who loaded this with real lases; we
were supposed to be using blanks..."
LF

Johnny Q

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

Q <diko...@aol.combustible> wrote in message

> As for the prop laser/turned anti-matter gun, Richard himself took it from
the
> set and has kept it ever since.

Two more intriguing facts for the "Nell is dead" file. First, "Nell"'s tap
dance in the Time Warp is actually a message in Morse Code. When translated
it gives a phone number in the central London area. at the other end of the
phone is a recording of a sinister nasal voice that says "You're getting
close. Keep trying."
After which a burst of high pitched electronic noise causes your telephone
to burn itself out completely.
Second, the red sequins in her bustier form a map that shows where the
"real" Nell is buried on the studio backlot.

BertSchnik

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

Talk to Nell 2 weeks ago, she sounded pretty much alive then! :)

Bill

"The reports of my death have been greatly exagerrated." Sam Clemmins.

The Rev

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
In the beginning... "Andrew Seager" <and...@email.msn.com> posted to
alt.cult-movies.rocky-horror. This has made a lot of people very angry
and been widely regarded as a bad move

>Help!
>
>Here in the UK, RH is on tour and is coming to a town near us soon and we
>are all busy getting prepared (you know the drill - making holes in your
>fishnets etc.)
>
>BUT
>
>We are debating as a group whether Little Nell (otherwise known as Laura
>Campbell) died last year. Two of us have heard this but I can't find any
>reference to her death (and not that I want to) on the web
>
>Does anyone know??

Well, unless I was hugging a dead body in Allentown in March, I can
pretty much vouch for Ms. Campbell still being among the living. I
believe the life-changing event you may be thinking of from last year
is the birth of her daughter, Matilda.

--
The Rev AIM Handle - RevAladdinSane
Tracy Swineford Da...@earthlink.net

DAVID or SANDRA ENDERLE

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
I have a toss up between wanting to see her or magenta naked.

sean twomey

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
Yeah, if Nell's dead, then I hafta say, she was decomposing remarkably well
at Allentown.

ST

BertSchnik <berts...@aol.com> wrote in message