OT: RIP Michael Kamen

Douglas North

Nov 20, 2003, 1:13:32 PM11/20/03
One half of "Just Us Girls", composer of the score to "Polyester" not to
mention hundreds of other films, passed away at the age of 55.

By all accounts, he was a very nice guy too.

Randy Brown

Nov 20, 2003, 5:52:30 PM11/20/03
Pample...@webtv.net (Douglas North) wrote in message news:<28924-3FB...@storefull-2337.public.lawson.webtv.net>...

> One half of "Just Us Girls", composer of the score to "Polyester" not to
> mention hundreds of other films, passed away at the age of 55.

As well as being the guy who did the orchestral arrangements on Pink
Floyd's "The Wall" LP, Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters", Guns 'n'
Roses' "November Rain", and countless other rock songs.

--RB

Shawn McHorse

Nov 20, 2003, 6:06:35 PM11/20/03
After laying down the crack pipe on Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:52:30 GMT,
ente...@hotmail.com (Randy Brown) said...

> As well as being the guy who did the orchestral arrangements on Pink
> Floyd's "The Wall" LP, Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters", Guns 'n'
> Roses' "November Rain", and countless other rock songs.

I knew the name sounded awfully familiar. He directed the orchestra for the
entire Metallica "S&M" album.

--
Shawn McHorse | Article posted through RockyNewsgroup.org -
Queerios (Austin, Texas) | the Rocky Horror Usenet newsgroup archive.

James Norman

Nov 20, 2003, 8:37:58 PM11/20/03
More familiar than you know. He co-wrote "I Do The Rock" (and other Curry
songs) and co-produced Fearless along with Simplicity.

Shawn McHorse <sh...@rockymusic.org> spouted to the masses, but did they
listen to this:

Beating the programming unemployment game one step at a time
Step 1: Get any job (DONE)
Step 2: Get a job in .NET that pays crap but gives great experience (DONE)
Step 3: Get MCSD.NET (in progress!!!!!!)
Step 4: Get a real job in C# (Fall 2003!)

Matthew Yenkala

Nov 20, 2003, 10:08:29 PM11/20/03
He also worked with RUSH on Nobody's Hero, Roger Waters and Pink Floyd on
countless projects (including the Berlin Wall show in 1990 that featured Tim
Curry). He did over 80 movie scores including the first XMEN. This is really a
loss.....