OT: RIP Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Bros.

Randy Brown

Nov 6, 2003, 6:16:39 AM11/6/03
Bobby Hatfield, who with Bill Medley formed the Righteous Brothers
blue-eyed soul duo, passed away yesterday or early today.

--RB

MIBecky

Nov 6, 2003, 12:58:12 PM11/6/03
In message <57807858.03110...@posting.google.com>,
ente...@hotmail.com (Randy Brown) may be typing while naked. I am replying
with extreme caution...

> Bobby Hatfield, who with Bill Medley formed the Righteous Brothers
> blue-eyed soul duo, passed away yesterday or early today.
>
> --RB

Crap. Why can't Britney Spears or P. Diddy Dip Shiddy go instead?

RIP...

MIBecky
--
www.midnightinsanity.com
"A good friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be the one

Randy Brown

Nov 6, 2003, 5:32:14 PM11/6/03
MIBecky <mi_b...@yahoo.comremovethisifyoudonwannagetyourmailbouncedback> wrote in message news:<384s1amg5s...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>...

> Crap. Why can't Britney Spears or P. Diddy Dip Shiddy go instead?

Britney's career is suffering a fate worse than death. Go to your
local thrift stores and flea market and count the number of discarded
Britney CDs. They're easy to find. Usually shelved next to the
Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and Spice Girls discs.

The other week I could've had a complete set of Backstreet albums,
INCLUDING the three Burger King promos, from a thrift shop for about
$6. Naturally I left them there in favour of a stack of classical
LPs...

As for Mr. Combs: Me and a bunch of people waited outside a local
radio station for over an hour for Puffy to show up, autograph books
in hand. The sumbitch finally arrived and hauled ass into the building
with nary a wave to the fans. Jerk. But I still love his "Godzilla"
version of Zep's "Kashmir".

--RB (come with me!)

MIBecky

Nov 6, 2003, 5:41:57 PM11/6/03
In message <57807858.03110...@posting.google.com>,
ente...@hotmail.com (Randy Brown) may be typing while naked. I am replying
with extreme caution...
> MIBecky <mi_b...@yahoo.comremovethisifyoudonwannagetyourmailbouncedback>
wrote in message news:<384s1amg5s...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>...

> > Crap. Why can't Britney Spears or P. Diddy Dip Shiddy go instead?
>
> Britney's career is suffering a fate worse than death. Go to your
> local thrift stores and flea market and count the number of discarded
> Britney CDs. They're easy to find. Usually shelved next to the
> Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and Spice Girls discs.

And the pesants rejoice!!! I wonder what kind of tripe will be released to
replace it. My KINGDOM for another Star Wars Christmas - at least there was
some TALENT on that album. Somewhere. Probably.

> The other week I could've had a complete set of Backstreet albums,
> INCLUDING the three Burger King promos, from a thrift shop for about
> $6. Naturally I left them there in favour of a stack of classical
> LPs...
>
> As for Mr. Combs: Me and a bunch of people waited outside a local
> radio station for over an hour for Puffy to show up, autograph books
> in hand. The sumbitch finally arrived and hauled ass into the building
> with nary a wave to the fans. Jerk. But I still love his "Godzilla"
> version of Zep's "Kashmir".
>
> --RB (come with me!)

Eeewie, don't get me started. I thought Kashmir by Puffy was a total
abortion. It made me want to tear my ears off and send them to P. "What's my
alias this week" Diddy, but he'd probably take that as a compliment. If he
had any respect for the classics, he'd leave them alone! We all have our
opinions, of course! :) However, if you'd defended Spears, I would have
hopped on a plane and come out to harrangue you in person. You narrowly
missed that fate - a Harranguing by Becky is worse than death! ;)

Sgt. Pepper - A splendid time is guaranteed for all...

Nov 6, 2003, 7:47:33 PM11/6/03
> > Britney's career is suffering a fate worse than death. Go to your
> > local thrift stores and flea market and count the number of discarded
> > Britney CDs. They're easy to find. Usually shelved next to the
> > Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and Spice Girls discs.

Wanna hear something funny Becky? Well it's on the internet if you know where
to look, but evidently about a year, maybe a year and half ago Britney Spears
played the Rock in Rio Festival in Brazil and was booed off the stage half way
through her second song. The Festival's line up that night, and I am not
kidding was, Oasis, Guns n' Roses(new version), Britney Spears, Neil Young
and Crazy Horse. I don't know why they sandwiched her in that line up, but
evidently over 100,000 hard rock loving Brazlians told her to fuck off.

And last July up in Toronto at the Sars Benefit Justin Timberlake had half
filled water bottles lobbed at his head. There's a revolution happening. I
just hope the next 'thing' involves people actually writting their own music,
playing instruments and not dancing. Fuck everytime I heard NSYNC referred to
as a band I had a hemorrage. You ain't a band unless you play an instrument.

And I always liked the Righteous Brothers, those boys knew how to sing
Bobby will be missed

--
Back off man, I'm a scientist
ryan knoxville

MIBecky

Nov 6, 2003, 8:00:21 PM11/6/03
In message <z2y1ks79ok...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, Sgt. Pepper - A
splendid time is guaranteed for all...
<pablo...@hotmail.cometogetherrightnowoverme> may be typing while naked.
I am replying with extreme caution...
> > > Britney's career is suffering a fate worse than death. Go to your
> > > local thrift stores and flea market and count the number of discarded
> > > Britney CDs. They're easy to find. Usually shelved next to the
> > > Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and Spice Girls discs.
> >

> Wanna hear something funny Becky? Well it's on the internet if you know
where
> to look, but evidently about a year, maybe a year and half ago Britney
Spears
> played the Rock in Rio Festival in Brazil and was booed off the stage half
way
> through her second song. The Festival's line up that night, and I am not
> kidding was, Oasis, Guns n' Roses(new version), Britney Spears, Neil Young
> and Crazy Horse. I don't know why they sandwiched her in that line up, but
> evidently over 100,000 hard rock loving Brazlians told her to fuck off.

I heard about that! It made me wanna move to Brazil. That country knows how
to party! :)

> And last July up in Toronto at the Sars Benefit Justin Timberlake had half
> filled water bottles lobbed at his head. There's a revolution happening. I
> just hope the next 'thing' involves people actually writting their own
music,
> playing instruments and not dancing. Fuck everytime I heard NSYNC referred
> as a band I had a hemorrage. You ain't a band unless you play an
instrument.

Jeez, man, you're preaching to the choir. I hate synthetic sound with a
burning, seething passion bordering on spontaneous combustion. I even have a
hard time with someone putting slight reverb on my singing voice to make it
sound 'wetter' or 'fuller', but I understand the necessity sometimes. It
doesn't make it a completely different sound, it just enhances it. There is a
place for technology in music, but not as a substitute for spirit. I think
music should come from the human spirit, not from someone ELSES' human spirit
that you twisted to match your own. It's one thing to COVER a song and stay
true to it, it's quite another to STEAL the sound from someone more talented
than you, crap on it, and sell it. Ca-Ca is still Ca-Ca, even if you put a
bow on it.

> And I always liked the Righteous Brothers, those boys knew how to sing
> Bobby will be missed

Yup. Truly a loss.

MIBecky

> --
> Back off man, I'm a scientist
> ryan knoxville
> NYC Beatle geek and damn proud of it

RHPS Crim2

Nov 22, 2003, 12:14:02 PM11/22/03
>My KINGDOM for another Star Wars Christmas - at least there was
>some TALENT on that album. Somewhere. Probably.

Well, the track "R2-D2 We Love You" features a very young Jon Bon Jovi...

Drew Stansbury,
Lexington Lip Service
Lexington, KY
http://rockycast.net/lexrocky

MIBecky

Nov 22, 2003, 1:26:46 PM11/22/03
In message <20031122121402...@mb-m15.aol.com>,
rhps...@aol.comCHOJIN (RHPS Crim2) said something. I cared enough to
respond with:

> >My KINGDOM for another Star Wars Christmas - at least there was
> >some TALENT on that album. Somewhere. Probably.
>
> Well, the track "R2-D2 We Love You" features a very young Jon Bon Jovi...

REALLY? That's so COOL!!! Thanks, Drew! I had no idea! Hehe. That's like
finding out Russell Crowe played "Eddie" in RHS in Australia before he was
bigtime.

Speaking of STRANGE musical connections with badass movie actors, did anyone
catch the 1998 London version of "Oklahoma" on PBS? They're playing it out
this way in a few days, I think. It features Hugh Jackman. Yes, THAT Hugh
Jackman. Apparently, he was also in something called "The Boy From Oz" on
Broadway this past year. I had no idea he was a musical performer as well as
being furry and pointy and ultra hot. He has a spastic, uncontrolled vibrato
just like I do. I feel much better knowing that. ;) DAMN funny stuff!

MIBecky

> Drew Stansbury,
> Lexington Lip Service
> Lexington, KY
> http://rockycast.net/lexrocky

James Norman

Nov 22, 2003, 9:11:12 PM11/22/03
I've been biting my tongue for a long time.

I understand sometimes the need to post about someone having died. I think I
even did it once (Bob Hope, someone who was TRULY a legend.)

But sometimes I get on this group and feel like it's a "Death Watch" and almost
never has to do with Rocky. I realize the header says "OT" but at times, the
death posts seem to overwhelm the group.

I'm a bit conflicted about my own feelings here, but is there a tasteful way we
can get away from this constant "So and so died stuff?" I get enough of that
on the news.

ente...@hotmail.com (Randy Brown) spouted to the masses, but did they listen
to this:

> Bobby Hatfield, who with Bill Medley formed the Righteous Brothers
> blue-eyed soul duo, passed away yesterday or early today.
>
> --RB

Beating the programming unemployment game one step at a time
Step 1: Get any job (DONE)
Step 2: Get a job in .NET that pays crap but gives great experience (DONE)
Step 3: Get MCSD.NET (in progress!!!!!!)
Step 4: Get a real job in C# (Fall 2003!)

Sgt. Pepper - A splendid time is guaranteed for all...

Nov 22, 2003, 11:36:44 PM11/22/03
In article <sr13ys1kpy...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, James Norman
<MYjamesMY...@coxSUCKERS.net> says...

> I've been biting my tongue for a long time.
>
> I understand sometimes the need to post about someone having died. I think
> even did it once (Bob Hope, someone who was TRULY a legend.)
>
> But sometimes I get on this group and feel like it's a "Death Watch" and
almost
> never has to do with Rocky. I realize the header says "OT" but at times,
the
> death posts seem to overwhelm the group.
>
> I'm a bit conflicted about my own feelings here, but is there a tasteful way
we
> can get away from this constant "So and so died stuff?" I get enough of
that
> on the news.
>
> ente...@hotmail.com (Randy Brown) spouted to the masses, but did they
listen
> to this:
> > Bobby Hatfield, who with Bill Medley formed the Righteous Brothers
> > blue-eyed soul duo, passed away yesterday or early today.
> >
> > --RB

I did. I like the Righteous Brothers and felt like discussing it. I find it
a bit ironic that there are so many OT Dead posts too because for some reason
so many great icons have died in the span of 6 months. I'd prefer not seeing
them because that means no one died. But to speak seriously I feel that it's
an open forum here of friends. Everyone has different idols and
screen/TV/music favorites and if anyone's icon dies then they can get some
tribute out. That's my view of the subject. And it is true, I recall around
May, Katherine Hepburn died and from then on week after week almost like clock
work someone else culturally famous would die. weird.