Re: O/T: "Get Smart" - R.I.P

Message has been deleted

MIBecky

Sep 26, 2005, 5:01:49 PM9/26/05
Yah. Read this on Yahoo, and every other 'front page' I saw today.

What did he do in RHPS again? Hate to sound calous, but it's really
tedious that anyone feels the need to post this kind of thing on an
RHPS newsgroup. Love you, Lavar, but this is silly.

MIBecky

Larry Viezel

Sep 26, 2005, 5:15:01 PM9/26/05
Holy shit! Gilligan died!?!?

Larry

MIBecky

Sep 26, 2005, 6:26:23 PM9/26/05

Larry Viezel wrote:
> Holy shit! Gilligan died!?!?
>
> Larry

LOL! Larry... you killin' me!

MIBecky

Ron Maxwell

Sep 26, 2005, 8:21:42 PM9/26/05
From one Maxwell to "another" - RIP

Ron

L.A.var wrote:

>Don Adams, the wry-voiced comedian who starred as the fumbling secret
>agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s television spoof of James Bond movies,
>"Get Smart," has died. He was 82.
>
>Adams died of a lung infection late Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical
>Center, his friend and former agent Bruce Tufeld said today, adding the
>actor broke his hip a year ago and had been in ill health since.
>
>As the inept Agent 86 of the super-secret federal agency
>C.O.N.T.R.O.L., Adams captured TV viewers with his antics in combatting
>the evil agents of C.H.A.O.S. When his explanations failed to convince
>the villains or his boss, he tried another tack: "Would you
>believe...?"
>
>It became a national catch phrase.
>
>Smart was also prone to spilling things on the desk or person of The
>Chief (the late actor Edward Platt). Smart's apologetic "Sorry about
>that, Chief" also entered the American lexicon.
>
>The spy gadgets, which aped those of the Bond movies, were a popular
>feature, especially the pre-cell-phone telephone in a shoe.
>
>Smart's beautiful partner, Agent 99, played by Barbara Felden, was as
>brainy as he was dense, and a plot romance led to marriage and the
>birth of twins later in the series.
>
>Adams, who had been under contract to NBC, was lukewarm about doing a
>spy spoof. When he learned that Mel Brooks and Buck Henry had written
>the pilot script, he accepted immediately. "Get Smart" debuted on NBC
>in September 1965 and scored No. 12 among the season's most-watched
>series and No. 22 in its second season.
>
>"Get Smart" twice won the Emmy for best comedy series with three Emmys
>for Adams as comedy actor.

Arthur Levesque

Sep 26, 2005, 9:18:06 PM9/26/05
I forget - which Transylvanian did he play again?
--
/\ Arthur Levesque <fnord?> http://boog.org & http://DammitJa.net __
\B\ack King of the Potato People & shanana-Cobain <*> Urban Spaceman (oO)

Arthur Levesque

Sep 26, 2005, 9:19:22 PM9/26/05
L.A.var>As the inept Agent 86 of the super-secret federal agency
L.A.var>C.O.N.T.R.O.L., Adams captured TV viewers with his antics in
L.A.var>combatting the evil agents of C.H.A.O.S.

"KAOS". Did you write this, or just copy and paste it from someplace
more relevant?

Keith Atlas

Sep 26, 2005, 10:18:38 PM9/26/05
I read it on cnn.com who probably got it from the Associated Press.

And to make this post on topic...Don Adams was in "Inspector Gadget"
with Matthew Broderick who was in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" with Mia
Sara who was in "Legend" with Tim Curry.

--
Keith Atlas
Rocky Horror in New England

"It was not his own tongue, of course, but something much
harder and longer, and it pushed until the skin and muscle
could expand no more."
From the novelization of
Star Trek: First Contact
J.M. Dillard

Richard

Sep 27, 2005, 2:47:14 AM9/27/05
Is that a new game that I haven't heard about - Six Degrees Of Tim
Curry? ; )

See you round like a record,
Richard
Bawdy Caste, San Jose, California
http://www.bawdycaste.org

Arthur Levesque

Sep 27, 2005, 2:28:40 PM9/27/05
Keith Atlas>And to make this post on topic...Don Adams was in "Inspector
Keith Atlas>Gadget" with Matthew Broderick who was in "Ferris Bueller's
Keith Atlas>Day Off" with Mia Sara who was in "Legend" with Tim Curry.

So anybody who's connected to anybody who's connected to anybody who's
connected to anybody who's connected to RHPS is on-topic?

jefF - Midnight Madness

Sep 27, 2005, 3:02:22 PM9/27/05
Richard wrote:
> Is that a new game that I haven't heard about - Six Degrees Of Tim
> Curry? ; )

It's not new! We used to play that at our show every week back in the
late 90's, we called it It All Comes Back To Tim Curry. Three of our
audience members would shout out a name of an actor at the beginning of
the show, and we had until the end of the show to link them back to Tim
Curry in 5 steps or less, or they won a prize. In about 8 months of
doing it, there wasn't one person ever named that we couldn't do it
with (and, we also limited ourselves exclusively to movie roles and
actors, and had the rule that we couldn't go through Kevin Bacon to do
it - since 6 Degree Kevin was in a Few Good Men with Tom Cruise who, of
course, did Legend with Tim Curry, so it would have been too easy to
just link to Kevin and go from there for most people). Towards the end,
I could even do many link chains off the top of my head. We ended up
retiring the game because it became too much of a hassle to do it every
single week, and we were just getting a lot of the same names over and
over - we went out with a Halloween pre show number that linked Tim
back to every Film/Actor named in SFDF.

Curry Out,
jefF
--
CRHAP Con - Chicago - July 27-30th, 2006
http://www.crhap.com/convention.htm

randytheicon

Sep 27, 2005, 5:54:24 PM9/27/05
And, the article misspelled Barbara FELDON's name...boy, did I ever
have the hots for her when I was a kid.

--RB

James

Sep 27, 2005, 10:06:18 PM9/27/05