Gilligan - R.I.P

1 view

L.A.var

Sep 6, 2005, 4:16:38 PM9/6/05
Just found out via a recently posted article on Yahoo
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050906/en_nm/denver_dc) that actor Bob
Denver has died at Age 70 as a result of complications from cancer
treatment.

Gilligan will be missed. :(

randytheicon

Sep 6, 2005, 6:06:53 PM9/6/05
See ya soon, Little Buddy...

--RB

Arthur Levesque

Sep 6, 2005, 7:45:09 PM9/6/05
I forget - which Transylvanian did he play?
--
/\ Arthur Levesque <fnord?> http://boog.org & http://DammitJa.net __
\B\ack King of the Potato People & shanana-Cobain <*> Urban Spaceman (oO)

Bill

Sep 6, 2005, 7:46:37 PM9/6/05

Poor Gilligan, he was cool (so was Dawn "Mary Ann" Wells, she sold Bob
Denver his pot), RIP.

Bill "Gilligaaaaan, the Skipper too,the millionaaaaire and his
wiiiife. The movie star.The Professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligans
isle !!!!!!!" Brennan

jefF - Midnight Madness

Sep 6, 2005, 9:27:37 PM9/6/05
Arthur Levesque wrote:
> I forget - which Transylvanian did he play?

He wasn't a Transylvanian, he played Frank in the 1976 East Romanian
RHS.

try finding that bootleg,
jefF

--
Cirque-cago du Rockeil Convention: GumboCon In The City - coming to
Chicago in 2006! http://www.crhap.com/convention.htm

James

Sep 8, 2005, 1:13:14 AM9/8/05
Sensitivifaux. Ya know the one that had to acknowledge every death on
an unrelated newsgroup for fear of looking less than perfectly PC
within the peer group.

Or maybe jefF's right and it was the East Romanian bootleg; I'm old and
my memory is failing.

The Fixxer

Sep 8, 2005, 3:45:42 AM9/8/05
Good thing I read this NG or I would NEVER know when a celebrity death
was.....

Dawn Loden

Sep 8, 2005, 3:43:53 PM9/8/05
I have to go with Mark on this one. I'm not a big t.v. watcher, and I can't
stand the mindless morning chatter on the radio. In short, this is my news.
I do think that posts like this one should have the OT in front of the
subject tho;-)

--
Dawn Loden
Sweet Translucent Dreams
"The Fixxer" <thef...@aol.com> wrote in message

tod

Sep 8, 2005, 5:12:34 PM9/8/05
I always wanted to get stoned with Gilligan (Bob Denver).

"L.A.var" <Lavaru...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Arthur Levesque

Sep 8, 2005, 5:28:26 PM9/8/05
Dawn Loden (magenta...@yahoo.com) wrote:
DL>I have to go with Mark on this one. I'm not a big t.v. watcher, and
DL>I can't stand the mindless morning chatter on the radio.

I don't watch any TV at all, and I've switched from radio to
audiobooks while I drive. Nevertheless, any time even a modest celebrity
dies, people gleefully swamp each and every newsgroup with news of it, as
well as half the livejournals on my friends page, half a dozen emails in my
inbox, yadda yadda yadda.

DL>In short, this is my news.

Tou could subscribe to alt.obituaries.

DL>I do think that posts like this one should have the OT in front of the
DL>subject tho;-)

How about something more specific, like "[obituary]", for easy
killfiling?

Sean Twomey

Sep 8, 2005, 7:13:47 PM9/8/05
"The Fixxer" <thef...@aol.com> wrote

> Good thing I read this NG or I would NEVER know when a celebrity death
was.....

Yeah, they need to schedule these things better... They should give us at
least two weeks' notice before they die on us, the ungrateful bastards.....

ST

James

Sep 8, 2005, 9:31:54 PM9/8/05
I could be wrong, but I think Mark was being sarcastic.

I know I was. :)

jefF - Midnight Madness

Sep 12, 2005, 3:29:00 PM9/12/05
James wrote:
> I could be wrong, but I think Mark was being sarcastic.
>
> I know I was. :)

I, on the other hand, was totally serious.

because that's how I always am,
jefF

--
Cirque-cago du Rockeil Convention: GumboCon In The City - coming to

Chicago in July of 2006! http://www.crhap.com/convention.htm