Gay bashing in Wyoming

MRATTUDE

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
Ladies and Gentlemen-

A friend of mine sent this to me. I figured that everyone around the Rocky
community might wish to sign the petition on the websight so we can keep things
civil. Something like this hits home for the RHPS world due to the large amount
of gays, lesbians, bi-sexuals, transexuals and whatnot within our family.
Please take the time to go to the website at the bottom of this message and
go sign the petition.

> People have been devastated by the news of the
>brutal homophobic murder of
>Matthew Shepard, a 22 year old, openly gay,
>University of Wyoming Student.
>
>Matthew was found tied to a fence in freezing
>temperatures, having been brutally beaten with a
>pistol. He did not regain consciousness and died
>in hospital.
>
>Matthew's attackers, now in custody, have admitted
>that homophobia was the motive of the attack.
>
>The Wyoming State legislature had failed to adopt
>legislation on homophobic hate crimes (despite
>such legislation covering racist hate crimes)
>because, as it opponents saw it, it gave "special
>rights" to lesbians and gay men.
>
>Please help to change that. Go to the URL and
>take a moment to read it.
>
>http://uglw.org/MSPetition.html

Thank you,

Marc Berman " The National Jew of Rocky Horror"
(director) Cosmic Light San Mateo, CA
MrAt...@aol.com
Controller of the RHPS Jew faction on the West Coast
http://www.the-wall.net/~monkey/rhps/