RIP JJ

1 view

Jay R. Ashworth

May 2, 2001, 1:00:07 AM5/2/01
I don't recall whether anyone actually mentioned it here when it
happened (and my orange-soda-annointed keyboard) is misbehaving badly
enough to make hitting Deja an unpleasant thought), but a bit over a
year ago, in November 99, Rocky lost another alumnus when Julie Filmon
Walton, a long-time Columbia from half a dozen Pinellas and
Hillsborough County cases, was killed in a van wreck, along with her
unborn 8-month old son.

The two major contributing causes were that she wasn't wearing a seat
belt (in consequence of which my cars no longer move unless everyone
inside is wearing theirs, a practice I heartily recommend to everyone,
even though it will piss people off at you occasionally)... and that 18
year old (hearing imapired!) Theodore Baker III was drag racing down US
19, and slowed only from 90mph to 60 by the time he hit the van in which
Julie was riding.

The speed limit there was 40mph. Experts testified that both would
have lived had the accident been at that speed.

His trial was the middle of last week (finally!). He was sentenced
Monday to 10 years prison and 10 more probation.

So far as I know, no one did the casket joke the next week; I'm not
sure what Julie would have thought, either way.

My relationship with Julie wasn't as positive then as it had been
(she'd been living in my house with her then boyfriend and Eddie
several years earlier -- what is it with Eddie's and Columbia's? :-),
but I still miss her.

To Absent Friends.

Cheers,
-- jra
Plankowner Brad, Interchangeable Parts, Hillsborough 8, 92-94
Stage Manager, Interchangeable Parts II, Seminole, Crossroads, Pinellas
Park, 1996-199.
--
Jay R. Ashworth j...@baylink.com
Member of the Technical Staff Baylink

Abby NorMal

May 2, 2001, 8:44:52 AM5/2/01
>a long-time Columbia from half a dozen Pinellas and
>Hillsborough County cases, was killed in a van wreck, along with her
>unborn 8-month old son.

GEEZE! and due to a kid drag racing? Sorry to hear that and I hope that the
family is healing!

VERY sorry to hear this!
HOOPLA!
Linda 'Nightshade'
of Philly's Transylvanian Nipple Productions

Vince Clortho

May 2, 2001, 10:18:31 PM5/2/01

> To Absent Friends.

To Absent Friends... (raises little tin, dalmation-print cup).