Somber Note

Dave R.

Jun 16, 2003, 2:55:51 AM6/16/03
From the Trojan Whores Live Journal, Friends Section:

<<For all who haven't heard:

Eric Verfuerth died in a car accident Friday July 13th, on his way
home from the Rocky Horror Picture Show in DC. There was a head on
collision with another car. His passenger and those in the other car made it
out alright.

For those interested in attending the funeral, here is the latest information:

***
the viewing will be held Tuesday from 5pm to 8pm at Barber funeral
home, 21525 Laytonsville rd in downtown Laytonsville, MD. all are
welcome and asked to come by.

The funeral will be held Wednesday at at 10am at Covenant United
Methodist, 20301 Pleasant Ridge Dr in Montgomery Village, Gaithersburg MD.
again, all are welcome and encouraged to attend.

The internment will be in Straussburg VA. directions to it should be given at
the funeral, and all are welcome but as it is a good distance away do not feel
obligated to attend.

The notice of his death will likely be printed in Tuesday's
Washington Post.>>

Our hearts go out to Eric's family & friends (many of whom are also our
friends). As Eric's last days with us in this world were spent enjoying
something we had poured our heart & souls to bring to the area, we will be
leaving a permeant memorial to him on our website as well as make a donation to
the charity of his family's choice. I personally will be making a donation to
a yet-to-be determined addiction services & awareness group in his memory.

--Dave
THE TROJAN WHORES --
BRINGING RHPS TO THE FREAKS OF D.C.
SINCE FRIDAY THE 13TH 2003

http://www.trojanwhores.i8.com
RockyH...@Earthling.Net

Glenn Marker

Jun 16, 2003, 11:13:33 AM6/16/03
In article <20030616025551...@mb-m21.aol.com>,
scar...@aol.compost (Dave R.) says...

> From the Trojan Whores Live Journal, Friends Section:
>
> <<For all who haven't heard:
>
> Eric Verfuerth died in a car accident Friday July 13th, on his way
> home from the Rocky Horror Picture Show in DC. There was a head on
> collision with another car. His passenger and those in the other car made it
> out alright.

I can speak for the SLCT cast in saying our hearts and wishes go out to his
family and friends. It is always difficult when one is cut down in the prime of
life, even harder when it is someone who does what we do.

Glenn
SLCT
Fishnet Inc
SincereLust
Castletransylvanians

--
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

A Groupie

Jun 16, 2003, 11:44:41 AM6/16/03
That is tragic...Im so sorry for your loss. Im always sad when we loose one of
our own.

--
~kate
Fishnet, Inc (www.rhps-fishnetinc.com)

MIBecky

Jun 16, 2003, 2:40:40 PM6/16/03
Good god. I was just joking with Mark about how I'm glad we don't have a
Friday show, seeing as how it was both Friday the 13th, AND a full moon. I
was telling him it was nice nothing happened at the Hedwig show that night.

I am so sorry to hear this. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I never
met Eric, but I'm sure I speak for everyone in MI when I say our thoughts are
with you. We send our love and our support to you, our extended family.
We'll be thinking about you.

Love and hugs,
MIBecky
www.midnightinsanity.com

In message <20030616025551...@mb-m21.aol.com>,
scar...@aol.compost (Dave R.) may be typing while naked. I am replying
with extreme caution...

Sean Twomey

Jun 16, 2003, 5:31:27 PM6/16/03
As somebody who's flipped a car coming home from a Rocky show, that
really hits me right in the heart...
Goddammit, too many of us have died in recent months... My condolences to
all of you who were his friends and family.
<Sigh...> Well here we go once again...

To Absent Friends...

ST

"Dave R." <scar...@aol.compost> wrote in message

> From the Trojan Whores Live Journal, Friends Section:
>
> <<For all who haven't heard:
>
> Eric Verfuerth died in a car accident Friday July 13th, on his way
> home from the Rocky Horror Picture Show in DC. There was a head on
> collision with another car. His passenger and those in the other car made
it
> out alright.

DrDimitri

Jun 16, 2003, 8:13:31 PM6/16/03
Condolences go out to the cast of Trojans Whores and to Eric's family and
friends.
I never knew him..but still..it's sad to hear of anyone losing someone they
care for. Especially when it's another of our extended family.
Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
Performer- WUT WUT!!!
Wild and Untamed Things,
http://wut.rhps.org
drdi...@aol.com
ex BL member =(
http://www.barelylegal.rhps.org
Awarded "Biggest Nut on the Net"-2001

Dave R.

Jun 16, 2003, 9:44:01 PM6/16/03
I have to say something, because although it doesn't take away from the
tradgity of the event, it may clear some things up.

As I wrote the original post, I was real upset. I had just found out what had
hapened. I just went & typed. I did, however, forget to mention his relation
to our cast.

I would like to think that I speak for the rest of the cast when I say that we
consider each member of the audiance as much of our family as the cast members.
I understand this is they way it Eric would have fallen into this catagory.
Though many of the cast members outside of the club scene did not know him, not
one of the castmembers from the DC clubscene didn't have someone close to their
hearts who wasn't close to him (if they were not close to him themselves).

I'm sorry if anybody misunderstood my post through my greif. I'm having
trouble telling if you guys did know all along. I don't know right now. This
is hittingme a hell of a lot harder as time goes on.

Helene & I will be attending the wed service, hopefuly that will help me put
the one black mark of the weekend behind me.

For those in the DC area, we are going to turn the Rocky Horror Meetup next
monday into a wake for Eric. Vision's at 7PM.

I'm going to return to chain smoking, need to think about things.

--To Life, Dave

MIBecky

Jun 17, 2003, 2:48:34 AM6/17/03
Dave, Cast members are audience members who take it too far. That's the only
real difference between "cast" and "audience". If you and your cast knew him
enough to feel like this, that's enough for us. There are audience members who
may as well be cast members, and some of them are thought of as cast members in
our hearts even if they never join. They have just as important a job as we do,
if not more so.

The same things are clear as were before you made your most recent post - you
care about him. He's family, and your cast feels very strongly about him.
He's gone. It hurts. You're grieving, as are countless others. NO further
explaination is needed. It's enough that he's gone and you're feeling it. And
we're right there with you and your cast and his friends and family.

Love and good thoughts,
MIBecky

In message <20030616214401...@mb-m02.aol.com>,