OT: R.I.P., Paul Winfield

L.A.var

Mar 10, 2004, 12:53:27 PM3/10/04
"Actor Paul Winfield, who played civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. on
television and earned an Oscar nomination for his role as a share-cropping
father in 'Sounder,' has died at age 62 as the result of suffering a heart
attack Sunday night in a Los Angeles area hospital." --Reuters

Paul was well known as a character actor, who popped up in various films at
some of the most unexpected moments. I can still remember him as a doomed
Starfleet officer in "Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan," and as the police
officer hoping to help the Sarah Connor character in "Terminator."

He could also be seen guest starring in television shows, and heard providing
his vocal talents for many characters in a whole slew of animated T.V. series.
Perhaps my favorite role this guy played was the comical "Mirror" character in
that short-lived ABC sitcom back in the 1980s...known as "The Charmings.".

Paul Winfield was a great talent who will be sorely missed.

--
L.A.var - "Mirror, Mirror on the wall... What-the-fuck should I wear today?!?"
Tech Crew - Wild & Untamed Things (http://wut.rhps.org)

Richard Davidson

Mar 10, 2004, 12:59:14 PM3/10/04
In article <nrw64oxnpn...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, L.A.var
<La...@Sux2Bme.com> says...

> He could also be seen guest starring in television shows, and heard providing
> his vocal talents for many characters in a whole slew of animated T.V. series.

He was the narrator for one of my favorite shows, City Confidential on A&E.

--
See you round like a record,
Richard Davidson

"Here's the thing, Eve. You're going to sing for me and I'm going to read you,
right now. And here's one more thing. Winifred Burkle once told me after a
sinful amount of Chinese food and in lieu of absolutely nothing, 'I think a lot
of people would choose to be green. Your shade if they had the choice.' If I
hear one note, one quarter note, that tells me you had any involvement, these
two won't even have time to kill you. Oh, and anything by Diane Warren will
also result in your death. Well, except 'Rhythm of the Night'."
Lorne to Eve
"A Hole In The World"
Angel, Ep 5.15

Melissa Yowhan

Mar 10, 2004, 1:32:19 PM3/10/04
Paul Winfield also costarred amazingly alongside Tim Curry in the T.V.
show "Wiseguy". I think he was a fantastic actor.

In article <2uqa9th45j...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, Richard Davidson
<rich...@earthlink.net> says...

Sean Twomey

Mar 10, 2004, 6:49:30 PM3/10/04
<Sigh> Another one...

To Absent Friends...

ST

"Melissa Yowhan" <MY...@aol.com> wrote in message

Sean Twomey

Mar 10, 2004, 8:58:01 PM3/10/04
OMG, I just IMDB'd Paul Winfield... I think Terminator was the first major
role I saw him in... I had no idea he'd done so much or been acting for so
long... :-o His earliest listed credit was a Perry Mason episode in
1957...

ST

"Sean Twomey" <seant...@myeastern.com> wrote in message