Another Actor Death, Ossie Davis

Speak

Feb 4, 2005, 2:37:49 PM2/4/05
Actor Ossie Davis was found dead Friday in his hotel room in Miami
Beach, Fla.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=493&ncid=762&e=1&u=/ap/20050204/ap_en_mo/obit_davis

I guess this means that he will not reprise his role as JFK in Bubba
Ho-Tep 2, if it ever gets made.

Steve VanMeter

Feb 4, 2005, 6:52:15 PM2/4/05
"Speak" <spea...@gmail.com> said, and I quote...

That really sucks. He was a great actor and role model. Loved him in Bubba
Ho-Tep

RIP

Steve VanMeter
Cast Leader/Eddie
Frankie's Favorite Obsession
Las Vegas, NV
www.rockyhorrorlasvegas.net
P.S. - although I doubt a sequel to Bubba Ho-Tep could ever be made, someone
should talk to Coscarelli about another Phantasm, hopefully one that makes up
for the clip-job that was OblI

L.A.var

Feb 4, 2005, 7:16:36 PM2/4/05
Still feeling quite groggy after just waking up from a very long, drug-induced
nap, "Speak" <spea...@gmail.com> proceeded to scratch head -- then crotch --
and babble:

>Actor Ossie Davis was found dead Friday in his hotel room in Miami Beach, Fla.
>I guess this means that he will not reprise his role as JFK in Bubba Ho-Tep 2,
>if it ever gets made.

Actually, I read that he was in the middle of a film project...which is why he
was down there, staying a Florida hotel room, to begin with.

A shame to see him go. I'll always remember his role on CBS' "Evening Shade,"
as well as the part he played in "Grumpy Old Men," during the '90s.

--L.A.var

Kev J. Boycik

Feb 4, 2005, 10:36:00 PM2/4/05
Is there a newsgroup for celebrity death notices?

If not, someone here needs to start one.

Kev J.B.
www.rockyhorroraudio.com
"Jump up for Jinkies..........WE LOVE EM!!"
"Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las
puertas."

Sean Twomey

Feb 5, 2005, 2:20:19 AM2/5/05
<sigh> Now that really, really, really sucks...

To Absent Friends...

ST

"Speak" <spea...@gmail.com> wrote in message