Post Princess Di Jokes?

NiceGuyAJ

Aug 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/31/97

you are a sick, sad man Mark...no OREOs for you....ever!!!\

it is such a shame, no need to joke on this one...

imho, the best jokes were from JOHN CANDY'S death....

AJ>I don't want to offend anyone, and I am deeply saddened by the tragedy.
>She and I were 35 days apart, so it kind of made me reflect. ( OF course
>the similarity stops there).
>
>But I think one way we have to deal with things like this is to purge them
>in an irreverant fashion. It does not mean we do not love or respect...in
>fact our sick humor IS the vehicle of our love and respect I think.
>
>OKAY here we go...maybe you did some of these in your theater last nite:
>

>PRESHOW OPENING: Perhaps they should have called her "Princess LIVE"
>
>If they did film it happening..would make a hell of a BMW commercial (She
>crashed in a Mercedes)
>
>(Her Boyfriends Father owns a large department store and hotel, and
>reporters have been arrested in connection with potentially contributing to
>her death)
>
>On the reporters chasing her:
>You can bet their charge account at Harrods was cancelled, and if they
>stay at the Ritz.....NO MINT on the pillow for them!"
>
>Substitute AP lines
>"Lets go F the man in the casket" ITS A BOX (ITS A PRINCESS)
>
>What did it take to kill the Princess of Wales" (It took a small accident
>to make it happen)
>
>What was Diana's Death? (AN ACCIDENT)
>
>"DONT BACK UP YOULL HIT THE PAPPARAZZI
>
>WHAT WAS THAT BANG
>IT was the Papparazzi!
>
>OK Just a few tasteless lines. PLease forgive....
>
>Mark

AJ-

"You can't make omlettes without breaking eggs Peacock. Any cook will tell
you that. Yes, but look what happened to the cook!"

this space for rent

Jenna Blue

Aug 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/31/97

>>But I think one way we have to deal with things like this is to purge them
>>in an irreverant fashion. It does not mean we do not love or respect...in
>>fact our sick humor IS the vehicle of our love and respect I think.

Okay... let's see... last night, at our theater, when Riff opens the
casket, our lovable head Trannie decided to scream out, "Look it's Lady
Di!" And also at the part where whoever throws off the blanket which was
on Meatloaf (ya know, to reveal what... er... who they were eating), once
again the lovable head trannie decided to scream out, "Look! It's Lady Di!
Ya nkow they don't call her Lady Di for nothing."
What sick, cruel world we put ourselves on...
=o)
Jenna

John Thomas Lussem

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

thef...@aol.com (The Fixxer) wrote:

>I don't want to offend anyone, and I am deeply saddened by the tragedy.
>She and I were 35 days apart, so it kind of made me reflect. ( OF course
>the similarity stops there).

>But I think one way we have to deal with things like this is to purge them

>in an irreverant fashion. It does not mean we do not love or respect...in
>fact our sick humor IS the vehicle of our love and respect I think.

I'm not concerned about offending anyone, and I'm not particularly
worried by this event. I was much more upset when Pat Quinn's husband
died.

While Princess Diana may have used her position for some social good,
but she wasn't exactly of the same stature as Mother Theresa, and
other than that saving grace her noteriety was an archaic joke on the
world. Three people died in that crash, and I think we should have a
hell of a lot more sympathy for the other two, especially for the
chauffeur who died, not because he was famous for his posh lifestyle,
not because he was a billionaire hanging around with european royalty,
but because it was his job to drive their butts around (although his
chauffeuring skills might be called into question for this incident
:-) (and on that note, I surprised your sympathies don't go more to
him :-)

Princess Di jokes, with or without love or respect, are fair game as
far as I'm concerned. Every day thousands of people die, and for that
matter live, more horribly than Princess Di. I'm not unsympathetic for
her or the other victims of that crash, but lets face it, you can open
the obituary page of your newspaper any day of the week and find a
dozen or more people more deserving of your sympathy than her.
Nevertheless we all go on ignoring them in pursuit of our own daily
lives, racing towards our own paragraph on the second-to-last page of
the local news section of the paper and a marble-ornamented 4' x 6'
plot of ground, so why should she be any different? Don't you feel a
little silly even, mourning for Princess Di when you yourself will be
so pathetically elegized, probably by some priest who has to ask your
family what you were like, so that he can tell the congregated masses
(probably noone but those same family members) all about you?

ObPrincessDiJoke: Royalty, unsafe at any speed.

--
lus...@mcs.com, Completely Crazy Cast, Des Plaines, Il.
Visit the Completely Crazy Web Site

Rockycon

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

In regards to the Princess Diana jokes, etc... I personally am not going
to make any jokes about her, nor at our show. One reason is that I have
the utmost respect for British feeling and senitivity at this moment. I
was a kid when Kennedy was shot and I remember the feeling of the nation
all too well. As odd as it may seem, this is the same sort of feeling once
again. (Maybe not for a lot of you, and hey, that's o.k.) Secondly, some
actors whom we love very much in the movie may have very heartfelt feelings
about Diana, so out of respect for them, I simply won't jump on the Diana
joke bandwagon. Last of all, I have had a penpal in England since1993. I
got his name through a large penpal organization. I received six names for
$30 . To my surprise one of them wrote back and said that he was an actor
- and that when he was younger he was in a movie called "The Rocky Horror
Picture Show", and had I heard of it. When I read this I nearly fell over.
The thing is, I didn't know which part he played. So I read his basic
description which the penpal group first sent me. His height stated that he
was 6 ft 7inches tall. I then realized that he played the tall
Transylvanian with the long hair. I wrote back to him and told him that I
not only knew of the movie, but that I actually performed in a cast. He
wrote back and told me about his experiences working on the film. After
that, I basically never mentioned Rocky Horror again. I really wanted to
get to know each other as people more. He lives alone in a little house
where he has a beautiful garden. He is very sweet, funny, poetic,
talented, and a romantic at heart. Over time I saw him through many sad
times. All in one year his mother died, then his cat died, and then he was
hit by a drunk driver while riding his bike through the countryside and was
very badly hurt for months. He could not work and became worried about
his house, career, and expenses. But I remained cheerfull and supportive
as a friend throughout our letters. Later, he recovered and got more work.
Basically, I know he is terribly saddened by Diana's death, so out of
respect for him, and other Brits, I won't be supporting any jokes. I
realize jokes are fun and in a way heal social tension. It's only natural
to take a tragic situation and make fun of it. People, not just Rocky
people, do it all the time. And what would Rocky Horror be without these
types of jokes? (Natalie Wood and O.J. come to mind) You guys should do
whatever you like. I myself simply can't for my own personal reasons.
Hope you understand. Love to all.
Megan Harris Tabor

thek...@earthlink.net

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

I agree Mark, Rocky has long been place to make light of the misfortunes
of others, no matter how tragic. Laughing about the shit that you can't
do anything about makes it just a little bit easier to swallow.

Jeff Foss
Voyeuristic Intention
Rialto Theater
South Pasadena CA USA

Our reponse to the death of the princess can be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~thekingb/

(The above opinion is that of a raging maniac and may or may not
represent the opinion of others in my cast, but it probably does.)

SeraLysea

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

To me, it's just too soon to begin with the jokes...I mean, the OJ Simpson
ones still work a year later, I'd say let the mourning and the shock have
time to run it's course...

sera<---magenta wanna be
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/ChezSera/ <---personal page
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/rhps.html <---largest
collection of Rocky-related links on the 'net
The boy that you loved is now the man that you fear......

The Fixxer

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

Hi John....long time no see.

Have you been well. Missed you in June.

Are you still collecting stuff?

Mark

John Thomas Lussem

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

thef...@aol.com (The Fixxer) wrote:

>Mark

Heh, yes, its been a while... I've been too busy being a miserable,
bitter yet happy-go-lucky asshole (TCG eat your heart out 8-). I've
been OK... cons, truth be told, aren't really my bag. I'm far too
uptight to mingle freely with strangers, no matter how fabulous they
might be. I only feel free to cut loose in the friendly confines of
our own theater.

I'm not really actively collecting at the moment, my focus has
switched from the greater lore of the movie and play to my own
performance and costumeage and our own particular show, and even for
those I have precious little time or resources... although if you've
got any of The Princess of Wales' remains or blood stained personal
effects I might make you an offer :-)

--
lus...@mcs.com, Completely Crazy Cast, Des Plaines, Il.
Visit the Completely Crazy Web Site
http://www.mcs.com/~lussem/home.html

Don't Dream It, Be It! The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The Fixxer

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

Megan:

I understand. And I respect your sensitivity. Since October of 93 you
have treated our cast and me very kindly. Please understand that my post
was not a call to make Princess Di jokes mandatory.

Mark

Thumper43

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

Ello

Welp, I'm sure i'll get Flamed up the wazzo for this, but personally
i have No feelings towards the death of Di(e) or nearly any (in)famous
people. i see it as another reason and opening for new
AP lines. (i'm sure there will be plenty when I Di(e) too)

I mean, HELL i'm STILL yelling out Cobain and Garcia lines...

AP : Whats your favorite Grateful Dead Album
Frank : One from the Vaults
AP : (to be shouted after first AP) Does it MATTER Anymore??

i Still get booed for this.

and if anyone can think back to when TWA crashed and people where going
back and forth with tasteless AP Lines (there was a Thread a Mile Long)
remember my infamous Schindlers List Line
that stirred quite a response?

Well, i say roll with the punches and make the jokes.
Hell if it weren't for death, my life wouldn't be so funny.

Love and the Afterlife,
**(very) HAPPY NOODLE BOY**
Antony's "Pretty Boy"
Keeper of the Book Of Happy
KING of the Almighty B L A R G

PhireFreak

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

I don't like APs making fun of people's deaths... but I do like one that
someone yells out:

*Brad backing up*
*BANG*
Janet: What was that bang?!
AP: KURT COBAIN RIDING SHOTGUN!!!

I laugh my ass off at that one everytime.....

*~Lindsay~*

PhireFreak

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

I don't really like it when people make jokes or AP lines about people
dying and stuff. One that I heard once before, is when Frank turns around
and sees the empty audience after "Blue Skies" and someone yelled out "Show
us the remainding crew of TWA Flight 800!" I told him that it was really
rude, and thankfully he didn't do it again. There weren't that many AP
lines about the Princess this weekend, but maybe in later weeks.

*~Lindsay~*

Rockycon

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

Mark and all:
Megan and I really do understand the need to joke. Personally I feel that
with the origins of this film so deeply English that we should have a
special sensitivity to the misfortune that has befallen England. But we
certainly accept the fact that people will joke and if it helps, everyone
needs to follow their instincts. Even within our cast we will probably
have some jokes about running over paparizzi.
Take Care,
Megan & Joe Tabor

Mike Bennett

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

Thumper43 wrote:

> I mean, HELL i'm STILL yelling out Cobain and Garcia lines...
>
> AP : Whats your favorite Grateful Dead Album
> Frank : One from the Vaults
> AP : (to be shouted after first AP) Does it MATTER Anymore??

Where I live (Eugene, Oregon) Jerry Garcia is considered to have
near-deity status and his death was but a transformation of his
Buddha-like consciousness. Which has, of course led to the following
AP:

At the end of Planet Schmanet Janet; Brad, Dr. Scott and Janet are
"Medusa'd" into Stone.

AP: Who's Jerry Garcia?
Columbia: My God! ...
AP: Mine too.

Mike Bennett
Cast Director, Forbidden Fruit
m...@efn.org

Check out the Forbidden Fruit website at:
http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/3480

Mike Bennett

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

Wombat43

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

>it was his job to drive their butts around (although his
>chauffeuring skills might be called into question for this incident
>:-) (and on that note, I surprised your sympathies don't go more to
>him :-)

I'll NEVER have sympathy for a drunk OR a drunk driver...never.

rosalind ohler

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

Wombat43 wrote:

> >AP: Who's Jerry Garcia?
> >Columbia: My God! ...
> >AP: Mine too.
>
> last time I saw rocky, i was still saying "david Koresh" there....
>
> People.....LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!! Life and death, and people falling into
> sewage and slowly getting eaten to death by maggots. It ALL fucking
> HAPPENS! There is a concept called comic relief where when something
> horrible happens sometimes people laugh to shake it off. Well LAUGH! Ohhh
> should we be respectfull to a woman who was famous for being famous??? Well
> she got into a car with a DrUnK Driver, and didn't put a seatbelt on, and
> for all we know, asked the driver to speed up because they were on their
> way home to FUCK! So he slammed into a pole. It's extremely tragic! But
> it happened and there is NOTHING you can do about it. So now what....are
> you gonna get pissed off every time someone makes lite of it, or cracks a
> joke about it????...I thought this was ROCKY HORROR......Some of you said
> that princess Di(e) jokes were tasteless......TASTELESS???!!! And please
> tell me what is tasteFULL about rocky or rocky AP lines!!...And while youre
> at it, tell me you NEVER told any oj jokes, kurt jokes, Jerry jokes, David
> Koresh jokes, Heaven's Gate Jokes, TWA flight 800 jokes,ValueJet Jokes....
> Or ANY jokes related to someones death. SOMEBODY loved people in ALL of
> those situations and would find our jokes tasteless. So don't you dare go
> around with your whimp-ass and say....."oh boo-hoo, that princess di joke
> was rude." You are probably guilty of it 100 times and for you to preach
> like that to someone else is the biggest forthcoming of hypocrasy i could
> imagine.
>
> thanx and wear your seatbelts
>
> Prince Wombat

Finally someone else who isn't crying over her. I would really like to
know what her blood alcohol level was since she was stupid enough to get
in a car with someone who was drunk. They've never heard of designated
drivers in Paris???

Tink

Thumper43

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Ello

<<..........I can't figure out who wrote this but whoever it was you are
totally the coolest.....funniest...most rad person in the net ...you are
the the Midnight Insanity top five cool poster of the day award winner.....]>>

Well Fixxer, it is half Wombat and Half Thumper (gee sounds like a bad
Disney Character) anyhoo thanks. at least we know there are more people out
there pulling the poles outta their asses and taking things a little less
seriously.

Love and Laughing at death,

Wombat43

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

>..........I can't figure out who wrote this but whoever it was you are
>totally the coolest.....funniest...most rad person in the net ...you are
>the the Midnight Insanity top five cool poster of the day award winner.....]

Thumper wrote the first half and I the second.......and i thank you for my
half :)

princess wombat
Prince of the kingdom B L A R G
Antny's favorite midget
Defender of Princess Di(e)™ jokes

PhireFreak

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

if ya do Princess Di jokes, ya might as well do the "...like a homesick
abortion" line... they're equally dumb/tasteless....

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

*~Lindsay~*

SeraLysea

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

>>Ok enough arguing the point-----lets here some jokes!!!<<

LOL!!!!!!

sera<---magenta wanna be
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/ChezSera/ <--personal page
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/rhps.html <--largest

collection of Rocky-related links on the 'net

I am an evil eggplant

IQJason

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Actually...I'd think she'd make a better subject for ST lines..

"Hey, even though she's dead, should I do Diana Spencer?
FARLEY: Well, the best thing you could ever do, is Di.

yours,
-J

The Fixxer

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Noodle boy wrote

>at least we know there are more people out
>there pulling the poles outta their asses and taking things a little less
>seriously.

.......yes but if it is alright with you I would like to re insert the
pole as soon and as frequently as possible.

PLEASE!

Mark

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

I have a question for those of you who think you are so funny and cool
to make comments on Diana's death. Since the lot of you seem to think
that no dead person get special treatment, would you ever make those
horrible AP lines against Pat's deceased husband? I bet you wouldn't.

I am reaffirming my previous post that I think Princess Di joke are
discusting. What's next, mother Theresa? Show a little bit of class.

Tracie

Wombat43

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

>Actually...I'd think she'd make a better subject for ST lines..
>
>"Hey, even though she's dead, should I do Diana Spencer?
>FARLEY: Well, the best thing you could ever do, is Di.

W O W

wow....

Love, and damn thats good
Wombat

Geno 3rd

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

Ok enough arguing the point-----lets here some jokes!!!

Geno "Biscuitboy" Engles
http://members.aol.com/geno3rd/index.html

John Thomas Lussem

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

womb...@aol.com (Wombat43) wrote:

Whoops, that was posted before that news came out... that evaporated
most of my sympathy for him (though you might have noticed my
reservations, although originally intended humorously)

The Fixxer

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

Traci Scofield wrote:

>I am reaffirming my previous post that I think Princess Di joke are
>discusting. What's next, mother Theresa? Show a little bit of class.

I am afraid Mother Theresa IS next Traci...

You see...last week....one of our castmembers had a parent die....we did
not make jokes about it. After this post...someone emailed me saying
people should do lines when I die.

I would be proud to be considered on par with Di, Mother Theresa, and
other dead celebrities to the point that people will yell lines. You have
to understand...RHPS people say I love you...or I respect you...by YELLING
at you or about you. Try to understand the dynamics of the communication.
No body would yell these things in a mall...not because we are ashamed of
them...but because they MEAN something different in public than they do at RHPS.

Someone cited ASSHOLE and SLUT. What about GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.....you yell
it..I yell it...but we would not yell it at a gay man in the street because
he would take it wrong...

People who are uptight about this...you are right....these people deserve
some respect for their position...Society gives it to them somber....we
give it to them our way. But if you think we are really denigrating the
person PERSONALLY...then you still haven't figured out what RHPS is about.

I hope they yell lines about me when I die...in EVERY theater in the
country..... Perhaps I will post a few suggestions of my own.

Mark

Wombat43

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

>I have a question for those of you who think you are so funny and cool
>to make comments on Diana's death. Since the lot of you seem to think
>that no dead person get special treatment, would you ever make those
>horrible AP lines against Pat's deceased husband? I bet you wouldn't.

Actually, come to think of it, yeah, I WOULD. Lets start a thread: Pat
Quinn's dead husband AP lines....

> What's next, mother Theresa?

probably......what stopped anyone before?

>Show a little bit of class.

at rocky?.....You MUST be going to a completely different AP movie than
the rest of us

Princess Wombat

db0...@mail.pratt.lib.md.us

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

While I believe in free speech, and also the use of "Rocky" as an outlet
for sometimes questionable humor (Lord knows I've indulged in quite a bit
of it these last seventeen years), I still don't condone the
mean-spirited response to the death of the Princess. This is one major
reason why I "retired" from the scene two years ago: growing asshole-ism.
I agree with Larry that Diana's life did not inspire much laughter. (But
when Bonnie Prince Charlie becomes king [d'oh!] or drops dead...look out!)
However, she was still almost universally loved and admired.
As for Mother Teresa...well, as a hard and fast rule I stay away from
genuinely religious figures. (Genuinely as opposed to self-appointed
persons like David Koresh.) Making light of Mother Teresa will get us
into a world of hurt, especially with the so-called Religious Right who
will jump at any opportunity to silence our decadent "favorite obsession".
So, watch it, O my brothers and sisters!!
Randy "The Biggest Icon" Brown
P.S.: Open season on Elton John for turning the Diana tragedy into a hit-
record opportunity. Didn't this guy have a hit with that song TWICE
already? RB

Wombat43

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

>if ya do Princess Di jokes, ya might as well do the "...like a homesick
>abortion" line... they're equally dumb/tasteless....

hell, you might as well do the OJ lines, and the David Koresh
lines......and while you're at it, call janet a slut, and how about all
those incest jokes "Put your sister to the test" "incest is best"......i
mean...really, how tasteless and dumb

Wombat43

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

>No body would yell these things in a mall...not because we are ashamed of
>them...but because they MEAN something different in public than they do at
>RHPS.
>
>Someone cited ASSHOLE and SLUT. What about GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.....you yell
>it..I yell it...but we would not yell it at a gay man in the street because
>he would take it wrong...
>
>People who are uptight about this...you are right....these people deserve
>some respect for their position...Society gives it to them somber....we
>give it to them our way. But if you think we are really denigrating the
>person PERSONALLY...then you still haven't figured out what RHPS is about.

preach on Reverend Mark

battt

Trixie4711

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

>I just personally will not make those lines at Rocky because of my
>personal feelings. I am truly saddened at the fact that people out
>their have taken the need to slam me because I feel this way. I don't
>recall anybody slamming Megan or Joe.

Tracie--
I think this has something to do with Megan and Joe saying that they
understood the need for others to make Princess Di jokes, but that they
would not. Where as you keep saying that anyone who does so is tasteless
and has no class. It is the "I am right, you are wrong" feel of your post
that makes people want to "slam" you.
I personally probably won't be making any jokes, yet, but will laugh
heartily if a really good one comes along. Life sucks. That's the way it is.
-Kristine Martin
(Midnight Insanity)

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

The Fixxer wrote:

> Traci(e) {it has an "e" in it ;) } Scofield wrote:
>
> >I am reaffirming my previous post that I think Princess Di joke are
> >discusting. What's next, mother Theresa? Show a little bit of class.
>
> I am afraid Mother Theresa IS next Traci...

I am not sure whether you are implying I don't know about her death or
whether a list of AP lines come strewd into the newsgroup... but to
assure you and the rest out there, I said Mother Theresa because I knew
she had past on and had a sickening feeling that is what would happen...

> You see...last week....one of our castmembers had a parent die....

I'm terribly sorry, please give this person my condolences through this
trying time.

we did
> not make jokes about it. After this post...someone emailed me saying
> people should do lines when I die.

If you feel that is fitting tribute to you, then by all mean, everyone,
scream them out....

> I would be proud to be considered on par with Di, Mother Theresa, and
> other dead celebrities to the point that people will yell lines. You have
> to understand...RHPS people say I love you...or I respect you...by YELLING
> at you or about you. Try to understand the dynamics of the communication.

When I yell stuff about Tupac Shakur or others, I am not saying I love
you. I do it because I am making fun of the status he retained when he
died. People were and still are acting like he was god. Yeah right. I
sure if their is a god out their, he didn't talk about how his bitch
gave bad blow-jobs. In short, I do it because I am trying to knock
down the image.

> No body would yell these things in a mall...not because we are ashamed of
> them...but because they MEAN something different in public than they do at RHPS.

Absolutly right. I agree with you there.

> Someone cited ASSHOLE and SLUT. What about GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.....you yell
> it..I yell it...but we would not yell it at a gay man in the street because
> he would take it wrong...

Right again.

> People who are uptight about this...you are right....these people deserve
> some respect for their position...Society gives it to them somber....we
> give it to them our way. But if you think we are really denigrating the
> person PERSONALLY...then you still haven't figured out what RHPS is about.

I just personally will not make those lines at Rocky because of my

personal feelings. I am truly saddened at the fact that people out
their have taken the need to slam me because I feel this way. I don't
recall anybody slamming Megan or Joe.

> I hope they yell lines about me when I die...in EVERY theater in the
> country..... Perhaps I will post a few suggestions of my own.
>
> Mark

Put it in your will ;) How about if they cremate you, they throw your
ashes during the rice scene.... now that is a tribute :)

Here are some REALLY lame lines:
"What did you do to mark?"
"Then you throw him off like an old overcoat for rocky!"

I'm sure someone will think up some good ones, but I am trying to get
the ball rolling :)

Tracie

Jay R. Ashworth

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

On Sat, 06 Sep 1997 10:33:36 -0600,
db0...@mail.pratt.lib.md.us <db0...@mail.pratt.lib.md.us> wrote:
> persons like David Koresh.) Making light of Mother Teresa will get us
> into a world of hurt, especially with the so-called Religious Right who
> will jump at any opportunity to silence our decadent "favorite obsession".
> So, watch it, O my brothers and sisters!!

Fuck the Moral Minority!

> P.S.: Open season on Elton John for turning the Diana tragedy into a hit-
> record opportunity. Didn't this guy have a hit with that song TWICE
> already? RB

Yup, you're right. Let's jump his shit for doing _what he does_ as a
tribute to a close friend...

and while we're at it, let's derive the AIDS and other charities of the
revenue from what is projected to knock "White Christmas" off the top
of the all time single sales charts.

_Great_ idea.

Cheers,
-- jr '<sigh>' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth \ Proud Members, Transvestites Local 69 / j...@rhps.org
Pagemeister, Rocky Cast Page List ------------------------- www.rhps.org/casts

Brian Tremp

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

> I hope they yell lines about me when I die...in EVERY theater in the
> country..... Perhaps I will post a few suggestions of my own.
>
> Mark

We don't have to wait for you to die either Mark... I mean, its not
oncummon to yell lines about people you know at RHPS(ie Emili-ho{inside
joke :)}). In fact, i think i'll think up a couple of lines in your honor
for tonite... :)

Brian
Midnight Insanity

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

Trixie4711 wrote:

> >I just personally will not make those lines at Rocky because of my
> >personal feelings. I am truly saddened at the fact that people out
> >their have taken the need to slam me because I feel this way. I don't
> >recall anybody slamming Megan or Joe.
> >

> Tracie--
> I think this has something to do with Megan and Joe saying that they
> understood the need for others to make Princess Di jokes, but that they
> would not. Where as you keep saying that anyone who does so is tasteless
> and has no class. It is the "I am right, you are wrong" feel of your post
> that makes people want to "slam" you.
> I personally probably won't be making any jokes, yet, but will laugh
> heartily if a really good one comes along. Life sucks. That's the way it is.
> -Kristine Martin
> (Midnight Insanity)

Ok, if you feel that that is how my posts sounded, then I apologize to
the rest of the NG. What I was trying to convey is that I felt it was
wrong and that I would not make jokes on it.

I might make paparazzi jokes..... but that is still up in the air. I'll
just have to see what happens at the show. (Like when the motorcycles
ride by, I might say something along the lines of: "There goes the
paparazzi, out to murder more people")

Tracie

Trixie4711

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

>Actually...I'd think she'd make a better subject for ST lines..
>
>"Hey, even though she's dead, should I do Diana Spencer?
>FARLEY: Well, the best thing you could ever do, is Di.

LMAO!!!!!!
Now THAT's good thinking!

-Kristine

Wombat43

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

>Ok, if you feel that that is how my posts sounded, then I apologize to
>the rest of the NG. What I was trying to convey is that I felt it was
>wrong and that I would not make jokes on it.

yes, that was the feeling you conveyed......it put you up on a pedestal
preaching to us what we should consider tastefull by your standards......

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97
Alright, WOMBFIT, I get the idea!!!! ;)

I do apologize....

The Sparkle Queen

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

LOL!!! I had to interject this.... you can do jokes about someone when
the "Enter at your own risk" sign appears... eg. "Show us the sign over
Madonna's bed!!!" Of course I am using Madonna as an example, like
let's say you want to say something about someone named.... Tracie, for
example... you just replace the name Madonna with Tracie ;)

The Sparkle Queen

LesleyMoon

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

The cast at the theater I go to are always saying things about each other.
Ex: In Im Going Home
Frank: ...cause I've seen
Ap: (cast member) naked

and other things like that. Its pretty funny.

Lesley
The 80's Pop Trivia Diva

SeraLysea

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

>>Someone cited ASSHOLE and SLUT. What about GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.....you yell
it..I yell it...but we would not yell it at a gay man in the street because
he would take it wrong...<<

Funny, many of my gay male friends would turn around grinning yell "Damn
straight!" or "And proud of it!" and then, depending on which one it was,
beat the crap out of the homophobe.....Or is that what you meant by 'take
it wrong'?

>>I hope they yell lines about me when I die...in EVERY theater in the
country..... Perhaps I will post a few suggestions of my own.<<

I'm aiming for the WORLD....So, everyone, you may start practicing now:

AP: Who's Sera Lysea?
Columbia: My God!
AP: Mine too!

I expect to hear that from now on:)

Wind To Thy Wings,
Sera The Cat
Lint can be cool I am an evil eggplant(don't ask)

ala...@datasync.com

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

guess what!!db0...@mail.pratt.lib.md.us had the world let it be known:

>P.S.: Open season on Elton John for turning the Diana tragedy into a hit-
>record opportunity. Didn't this guy have a hit with that song TWICE
>already? RB

I seriously doubt he will turn it into a hit record.
tho Im sure bootleggers will have a ball with it.

It was the Di's children who asked him to do it at the funeral.
and he did change the lyrics to fit Di's memory.

Your humble narrator,
Aladdin Leather

"My hamster had five babies last week.
This morning when I looked in the cage,
she ate two of them little babies.
What the heck. Had a couple myself"
Earl from the Red Meat comic strip

--
http://www.datasync.com/~aladdin/cobweb.htm (Aladdin & Fuschia)
http://www.datasync.com/~aladdin/fuschia.htm(Fuschia's Curiosities-Cure page)

Michael Swanson

Sep 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/7/97

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield wrote:

> personally will never make a Princess Diana joke at RHPS. I think it
> is
> distastful and shows a lack of class. I am not a member of the Di fan
>
> club or anything but I was saddened to hear about her death. This is
> women who shook the hands of an AIDS patient when the disease was
> still
> thought to be highly contagious (i.e. getting it from just touching
> someone). She continually rebelled against the royals and their
> standards of life. She spoke up about things. She was a good mother.
>
> She was considered a misfit in her royal status. By doing this movie,
>
> we are all, in a way, misfits against society. We all go out and
> perform in ligerie for free. We take shit from our friends and
> relatives and loved ones, all because we love this movie.

Yeah so? we rebel against what people think is normal every fucking day.
Princess Di was a person. nothing more, nothing less. More people did
more that she ever did and never got press attention, or adoration, or
praise for it. I may sound cold hearted, but as Tom Leykis said "Well..
the public liked her because she was beautiful, if she were ugly, then
she wouldnt be getting this attention" (its paraphrased). It is true.
The whole diana thing is there because she was "worshipped". She is as
good as cannon fodder in my book.

> will not hestitate to make Kurt Cobain jokes either.(Hey riff, show us
>
> Kurt Cobain.) All he did was copy other people and that got him
> recognized. He even admitted that he got most of his musical ideas
> from
> the Pixies and the Beatles. People acted like he was fucking jesus
> when
> he died. To me he was a coward, with his money, he could have gotten

I dont see the difference in making fun of one dead celeberty than
another. Like you said about Cobain, alot of people mourned his death,
just like Di's. and its the same damn thing.

> Now, I do not feel that Princess Diana was an angel. I just think
> that
> she deserves some respect because instead of taking it, she basically
> told people to go fuck themselves.

I tell people to go fuck themselves daily, and im not as popular as Di
is/was (who cares).. She's dead. the end.

> Just my meager opinion. Please don't tear me to shreds... :)
>
> Tracie

This isnt to tear you to shreds, but im sick of the whole attitude of
people and di.

Michael
Midnight Insanity
www.midnightinsanity.com

Jian Ming Li

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

In article <8735596...@dejanews.com> db0...@mail.pratt.lib.md.us writes:
>While I believe in free speech, and also the use of "Rocky" as an outlet
>for sometimes questionable humor (Lord knows I've indulged in quite a bit
>of it these last seventeen years), I still don't condone the
>mean-spirited response to the death of the Princess. This is one major
>reason why I "retired" from the scene two years ago: growing asshole-ism.
>I agree with Larry that Diana's life did not inspire much laughter. (But
>when Bonnie Prince Charlie becomes king [d'oh!] or drops dead...look out!)
>However, she was still almost universally loved and admired.
>As for Mother Teresa...well, as a hard and fast rule I stay away from
>genuinely religious figures. (Genuinely as opposed to self-appointed

>persons like David Koresh.) Making light of Mother Teresa will get us
>into a world of hurt, especially with the so-called Religious Right who
>will jump at any opportunity to silence our decadent "favorite obsession".
>So, watch it, O my brothers and sisters!!

>Randy "The Biggest Icon" Brown

>P.S.: Open season on Elton John for turning the Diana tragedy into a hit-
>record opportunity. Didn't this guy have a hit with that song TWICE
>already? RB

hmmm seems to me that David Koresh and Mother Teresa both got their
religous status from the same place(NPR news said that Mother Teresa
claimed to have gotten hers right from God in a dream...David Koresh
claimed he was a phophet...someone who is Gods messenger on earth....).
So where is the difference? If you are a catholic u go with Mother
Teresa...but I am VERY skeptical of ANYONE who claims to know any
hypothetical gods mind....

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

Michael Swanson wrote:
> Yeah so? we rebel against what people think is normal every fucking day.
> Princess Di was a person. nothing more, nothing less. More people did
> more that she ever did and never got press attention, or adoration, or
> praise for it. I may sound cold hearted, but as Tom Leykis said "Well..
> the public liked her because she was beautiful, if she were ugly, then
> she wouldnt be getting this attention" (its paraphrased). It is true.
> The whole diana thing is there because she was "worshipped". She is as
> good as cannon fodder in my book.

Now, I do not understand the harsh tone you have taken about this
Michael. Mother Theresa wasn't exactly the most beautiful woman in the
world but she is surly missed by many out there. Yes, Di was beautiful,
but I did not even say she was beautiful. I mentioned things about her
that had NOTHING to do with her beauty. So to me, your reply does not
make sense. If you are going to make insults about me and my post, do
it privatly in e-mail. I think we all have seen that you obviously do
not care.

> I dont see the difference in making fun of one dead celeberty than
> another. Like you said about Cobain, alot of people mourned his death,
> just like Di's. and its the same damn thing.

Would you make fun of dead family members, even if one of them was a
celebrity? Would you make fun of one of the RHPS' actors if they were
tragically murdered? I ceretainly wouldn't. That comes across as
insulting. And to YOU it is "the same damn thing" to ME it is
different.

> I tell people to go fuck themselves daily, and im not as popular as Di
> is/was (who cares).. She's dead. the end.

If you "tell people to go fuck themselves daily," then I am glad I do
not know you in person, for I try not to be around people who spew out
such negative and harsh words. It is obvious you do not care, but
please do not speak for the rest of us out there. Yes, she is dead.
And no it is not the end, because someone else is going to reply to this
post with their opinion. That is the purpose of a news-group. Whether
they do it maturly, or immaturly is their descision. We all have seen
both types of posts on here.

> > Just my meager opinion. Please don't tear me to shreds... :)
> >
> > Tracie
>
> This isnt to tear you to shreds, but im sick of the whole attitude of
> people and di.
>
> Michael
> Midnight Insanity
> www.midnightinsanity.com

What you are doing is objecting to someones thoughts and feelings. We
all know now that you do not care as to whether people were saddened by
her death or whether people want to make fun of her death. You have
stated that do not care any which way or another. If you are sick of it
all, then ignore all future posts.

One thing I have learned in the past is not to make fun of or insult a
person's feeling in the NG. If a person feels that Di needs to be made
fun of, then that is how they feel and there is nothing anybody can do
to change their feelings.

Your main reply to this post was you're sick of hearing about it, and
that nobody cares about it anymore so we should all just quit. At least
that is the impression I have received. If you feel this way, you are
entitled to your feelings and I will not insult them in any way or make
fun of them.

I truly hope you see things from both sides now after this. If this
post is taken as derogitory towards you, please understand it is not
intended that way.

Sincerely,
Tracie

Jay R. Ashworth

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

On Sun, 07 Sep 1997 06:25:42 GMT,
ala...@datasync.com <ala...@datasync.com> wrote:
> >P.S.: Open season on Elton John for turning the Diana tragedy into a hit-
> >record opportunity. Didn't this guy have a hit with that song TWICE
> >already? RB
>
> I seriously doubt he will turn it into a hit record.
> tho Im sure bootleggers will have a ball with it.

They wont get the chance.

It was recorded for release as a single (although, from the radio
semi-bootlegs I've heard, the pickup on the piano sucked as bad as
most of them do...), and apparently, record industry people are
predicting that it will become the first recording in 30-some years to
out sell Bing Crosby's "White Christmas".

The profits from the recording, co-re-written by John and his long time
lyricist Bernie Taupin (and not at all badly, I thought), will go to a
trust set up to help continue the promotion of the Princess' favorite
charities. One number bandied about approached US$16M, thought I think
it may well beat even that.

It didn't suck at all.

Now I just have to memorize it for karaoke.

Cheers,
-- jra

st95...@pip.cc.brandeis.edu

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

>I am reaffirming my previous post that I think Princess Di joke are
>discusting. What's next, mother Theresa? Show a little bit of class.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

honey, it's ROCKY. we're not here for class. sometimes the in-your-face
outrage people show in response to lines is more tasteless than the line
itself. there are audience participation lines i don't like, but i shut up and
deal, because it's people's right to shout them. i suggest you do the same.

lucy handfield
orgy in a sock, brandeis university

CptF...@whoever.com

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Jay R. Ashworth <j...@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us> wrote in article
<5uvsaf$498$1...@news.usf.edu>...

> Now I just have to memorize it for karaoke.

NNNOOOOOO!!!!
Please Mommy, make the bad man stop!

--
Neil
Co-Director,

The Fixxer

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Isnt he going to donate the proceeds to charity?

Mark

The Fixxer

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Maybe they will call it the Lady Diana Spencer Airport

Or LDS for short...

Then Latter Day Saints (mormons) could go there and say "See"

Mark

James Coupe

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

In article <34124831...@news.datasync.com>, "ala...@datasync.com"
<ala...@datasync.com> writes

>>P.S.: Open season on Elton John for turning the Diana tragedy into a hit-
>>record opportunity. Didn't this guy have a hit with that song TWICE
>>already? RB
>
>I seriously doubt he will turn it into a hit record.
>tho Im sure bootleggers will have a ball with it.

Something that might not be well known outside of the UK is that it's
being released on Saturday and, as far as I know, the profits are going
to the Foundation set up for Diana's charities.

Apparently, William Hague (Conservative Party Leader) is also campaiging
for one of the airports in London (Heathrow, IIRC) to become the Diana
Airport (though the name would probably be better than that), sort of
like the JFK one in the US, I think.

--

James Coupe (remove .nospam to reply by e-mail)

If you find you are falling into madness - dive

NiceGuyAJ

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

In article <19970909161...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
thum...@aol.com (Thumper43) writes:

>Welp, i think everyone knows where I (and wombat and Fixxer) Stand on this
>topic, so i'll give my closing remarks and say...
>
>"I just hope when i Di(e) everyone makes jokes about it"

a lot of people just hope you die....(not me, you understand)

so there!

AJ-

AJ-

"You can't make omlettes without breaking eggs Peacock. Any cook will tell
you that. Yes, but look what happened to the cook!"

this space for rent

Mike Bennett

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

SeraLysea wrote:

> >>Someone cited ASSHOLE and SLUT. What about GOD DAMNED FAGGOT.....you yell
> it..I yell it...but we would not yell it at a gay man in the street because
> he would take it wrong...<<
>
> Funny, many of my gay male friends would turn around grinning yell "Damn
> straight!" or "And proud of it!" and then, depending on which one it was,
> beat the crap out of the homophobe.....Or is that what you meant by 'take
> it wrong'?

No, No, No!!! "Damn Right!" Never "straight".
--
Mike Bennett
aka Brenainn MacCuUladh (Barony of Adiantum, AnTir)

....Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour.
Teach a man to brew and he'll waste a lifetime....

Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial e-mail WILL be
charged a $500 proof-reading fee. Do NOT send junk email to me -
consider this an official notice:

'By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
is greater, for each violation.'

for full text: http://www.ca-probate.com/faxlaw.htm

Your action of sending your advertising to me is acceptance of the above
condition(s).

Larry Viezel

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

On 10 Sep 1997, NiceGuyAJ wrote:

> In article <19970910144...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
> thum...@aol.com (Thumper43) writes:
>
> >Nope..he's going to donate the proceeds to the PRINCESS DI(E) MEMORIAL
> >FUND (i heard it on the news)
> >WHAT ARE THEY....FUCKING STUPID!!!!!????!!?!?!?!
> >
> >SHE GOT A $400,000 NECKLACE STOLEN OFF HER NECK!!!
> >Ya REALLY think she needs the money for the FUNERAL!?!?!?!
> >
> >Just drop her in a hole and throw dirt on her.
> >I'm getting tired of hearing about her anyway.
> >

> boy are you mis-informed
>
> it is for her charitable causes....

Screw charit. i like the hole and dirt idea better.

larry.

ObRocky - new photo that I used on a rant that I may or may not air
publicly (although there isa link to it from cosmos bitch board), not
matter the photo is too good to waste http://nominex.com/rarerhps/kma.jpg
It would make a great postcard don't you think?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
& Larry Viezel - King Of the Bitter People * Equal ------- *
* Check me out at (get ready its long) & to | &
& http://www2.cybernex.net/~larryv * The ---+--- *
* Or visit http://www.nominex.com/rarerhps & Stars | &
& for rare photos from Rocky Horror * Endurance ---+ *
*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

Thumper43

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Ello

Nope..he's going to donate the proceeds to the PRINCESS DI(E) MEMORIAL
FUND (i heard it on the news)
WHAT ARE THEY....FUCKING STUPID!!!!!????!!?!?!?!

SHE GOT A $400,000 NECKLACE STOLEN OFF HER NECK!!!
Ya REALLY think she needs the money for the FUNERAL!?!?!?!

Just drop her in a hole and throw dirt on her.
I'm getting tired of hearing about her anyway.

Love and Dragging things out,
**(very) HAPPY NOODLE BOY**
Antony's "Pretty Boy"
Keeper of the Book Of Happy
KING of the Almighty B L A R G

NiceGuyAJ

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

In article <19970910144...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
thum...@aol.com (Thumper43) writes:

>Nope..he's going to donate the proceeds to the PRINCESS DI(E) MEMORIAL
>FUND (i heard it on the news)
>WHAT ARE THEY....FUCKING STUPID!!!!!????!!?!?!?!
>
>SHE GOT A $400,000 NECKLACE STOLEN OFF HER NECK!!!
>Ya REALLY think she needs the money for the FUNERAL!?!?!?!
>
>Just drop her in a hole and throw dirt on her.
>I'm getting tired of hearing about her anyway.

boy are you mis-informed

it is for her charitable causes....

duh!

AJ

Hersheycj

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

>You see...last week....one of our castmembers had a parent die....we did

>not make jokes about it. After this post...someone emailed me saying
>people should do lines when I die.
>
>I would be proud to be considered on par with Di, Mother Theresa, and
>other dead celebrities to the point that people will yell lines. You have
>to understand...RHPS people say I love you...or I respect you...by YELLING
>at you or about you.

>Mark

Well, I got behind a little in this thread and I was just about to post
the same thing. I thought that I would get s**t back for saying it, but
when I die, I would encourage a line in honor of me...show that people
cared enough to remember me for a short while. I personally find the AP
lines about deaths tasteless, (as most AP lines are..that's the point)but
extremely funny. I can tell you when I heard that Princess Di died, I was
saddened by the circumstances, but within the first 5 minutes I immediately
knew what Riff's AP line would be at the start of Time Warp. It's a part of
life and its a part of Rocky.

~RH and Clue Fan...learning bowling and lasertag from the master himself :ţ
~Rainbow Girl and Sweetheart...
~"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation, that
gives happiness." - Thomas Jefferson
ICQ #1589795

SeraLysea

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

>>No, No, No!!! "Damn Right!" Never "straight". <<

I have odd friends, it's always either "Damn Straight" or "Damn
Queer".....Anyways, my brain's fried from to much school...

Wind To Thy Wings,
Sera The Cat
Lint can be cool I am an evil eggplant(don't ask)
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/ChezSera/ <--personal page

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/4713/rhps.html <--largest
collection of Rocky links on the 'net

Thumper43

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Ello

<<boy are you mis-informed

it is for her charitable causes....

duh!>>

Welp, i guess i have an Odd TV then..cause thats what Channel 4 said
monday night around 11pm. oh well...shes dead, who cares.

Love and Enough already,

db0...@mail.pratt.lib.md.us

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

To Fixxer: As one J.T. Kirk might say, "I think we've had a little too
much 'LDS' !!"

Trixie4711

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

FYI--

The proceeds from the sell of Elton John's single ARE going to "Princess
Diana's Memorial Fund" which is NOT for her funeral, but rather a fund set
up in her name to help support her favorite charities.
Hope that helps clear that up :-)
Kristine

Zenin

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

In other words, Elton John gets:
-Free (and good) publicity
-Another hit on the charts
-And best of all, a MASSIVE tax write off to help balance all the
records he did make a ton of money from. :-)

--
-Zenin (ze...@best.com)
The Bawdy Caste (San Jose, CA) http://www.netmagic.net/~dmcgrath/bawdy/

Tracie 'Sparkles' Scofield

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

Zenin wrote:

> Trixie4711 <trixi...@aol.com> wrote:
> > The proceeds from the sell of Elton John's single ARE going to "Princess
> > Diana's Memorial Fund" which is NOT for her funeral, but rather a fund set
> > up in her name to help support her favorite charities.
> > Hope that helps clear that up :-)
> > Kristine
>
> In other words, Elton John gets:
> -Free (and good) publicity
> -Another hit on the charts
> -And best of all, a MASSIVE tax write off to help balance all the
> records he did make a ton of money from. :-)
>
> --
> -Zenin (ze...@best.com)

Ok, if people are so hell-bent on donAting money to memorial fund, why
don't they try something else... try donating it to MADD or SADD. It
was after all a drunk-driving death.

Elton John left the funeral right after he got done singing the song.
He had George Martin waiting (the beatles producer) with back-up
musicians and put it down immediatly. Now to me, that is discusting.

Tracie

SeraLysea

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

>> In other words, Elton John gets:
-Free (and good) publicity
-Another hit on the charts
-And best of all, a MASSIVE tax write off to help balance all the
records he did make a ton of money from. :-)<<

Yep! Don't you just love living in a fucked up capitalist society?

Blessed be,
Sera
Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl, 'cuz it hurts like hell.
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/ChezSera/ <--personal page
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/4713/rhps.html <--biggest

Jay R. Ashworth

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

On 14 Sep 1997 03:24:51 GMT,

Trixie4711 <trixi...@aol.com> wrote:
> The proceeds from the sell of Elton John's single ARE going to "Princess
> Diana's Memorial Fund" which is NOT for her funeral, but rather a fund set
> up in her name to help support her favorite charities.

And, in a _stunning_ (for a government) display of generosity, the
_collected taxes_ on thise sales is _also_ going to them.