A former Rocky person died on one of the planes

Linda B

Sep 12, 2001, 10:35:44 AM9/12/01
I just found out last night that Dan Levin, the CTO from Akamai here
in Boston, is a former tech crew member of the RKO Players of Rhode
Island from my roommate Dan Torregrossa. Levin worked with Dan on
tech a few years ago. Dan T. is really upset about the fact that
Levin had been one of the people on the plane because he had just
spoken to him a little over a week ago on the phone.

Please keep Dan Levin's wife and young child in your prayers. One of
our own has been killed.

Linda
})i({

Arthur Levesque

Sep 12, 2001, 11:29:08 AM9/12/01
Linda B>I just found out last night that Dan Levin, the CTO from Akamai
Linda B>here in Boston, is a former tech crew member of the RKO Players
Linda B>of Rhode Island from my roommate Dan Torregrossa. Levin worked
Linda B>with Dan on tech a few years ago...

Damn. I'm really sorry.

What years was he with RKO? I may have met him.
--
/\ Arthur M Levesque 2A4W <*> b...@boog.orgy =/\= http://boog.org __
\B\ack King of the Potato People <fnord> "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" (oO)

Rambam

Sep 12, 2001, 6:03:00 PM9/12/01

>Please keep Dan Levin's wife and young child in your prayers. One of
>our own has been killed.
>
>Linda
>})i({

I understand what you mean, but we need to remember that EVERYONE who was killed
was one of our own. I am an American before I am anything else.

Andrew

denve...@hotmail.com

Sep 12, 2001, 6:21:49 PM9/12/01
In article <oYQn7.5933$%u4.3...@www.newsranger.com>, Rambam says...

I am an American before I am anything else.

>Andrew

Really? I thought you were splitting your time being Sara's loveslave in
waiting and a goatherder...I won't go into how the two are connected...but I
know you will get it :)

Rodica "ducking and running"

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 2:57:37 AM9/13/01
This is complete bullshit. Dan Torregrossa is a moron, and he is
using a very serious situation to try to build his own worthless ego
up. He tried convincing me to talk to a friend of his yesterday
about Danny Lewin and I refused, so that worthless piece of shit
Torregrossa comes up with his own story. I would personally like to
request that because of Dan's taking advantage of this situation in
the way he did, that he be completely banned and shunned from all
Rocky Horror activities from this day on.

Here is the response I sent when I was informed by a RI Cast member of
this newsgroup thread:

:: Begin Response ::

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 02:21:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chris Trainor <chr...@macross.com>
To: Roy Rossi <roy-...@xxxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxx>
Subject: Re: Dan Levin?

WHAT?!!? He worked with Dan on Tech a few years ago??!?!?!? Talked
to him only last week?????!?! I can guarantee you that Danny Lewing
never even knew Dan Torregrossa even existed. This is so bogus.
Yesterday, Dan was trying to get me to talk to some reporter friend of
his about Danny but I refused, so I guess he came up with this piece
of typicial "Dan Torregrossa Fantasyland". First off, his name is
Danny Lewin.

This guy was an MIT Grad student, Born in the US, and raised in
Isreal.
Danny was one of the 3 original founders of Akamai. He was on
American flight 11, BOS-LAX which was the first to be hijacked and
tossed into the World Trade Center.
Akamai announced to the employees the possiblity he was on the flight
early in the morning, confirmed it later in the morning and in the
early
afternoon announced his death to the public.

Danny Lewin was a very awesome guy. During the early days of Akamai
he quite often would visit us in the Network Operations Center in the
original Akamai
building in Cambridge. He even used to sit down and give us a hand
when
we were busy. He was extremely well respected and he'll be sorely
missed. It's a shame someone like Dan Torregrossa will take knowing
me and twist it into some piece of his own useless, fantasy-driven
life.

Please make sure those who recieved the original email are set
straight.

thanks
--Chris

Resource Manager, Network Operations Enginnering
Akamai Technologies, Inc.
Cambridge, MA
www.akamai.com

:: end response ::

For those of you who are wondering how Dan Torregrossa knows me, I
used to hang out at the Meadowbrook in Warwick RI for several years
when Rocky ran there, and I also owned the Limelight Cinema for the
past year and we ran Rocky there for a few months. (Meadowbrook
closed, Limelight briefly took it's place).

Linda B. Please don't take this as an attack tword you, i'm not
trying to shoot the messenger, just set the record straight.

Thanks,
--Chris

Dan Kaos

Sep 13, 2001, 4:05:24 AM9/13/01
He only did two shows I believe, but the time he was there we talked a
lot about computer networks. I did talk to him last week, him being
the CTO of Akami, and I was to have a CTO interview for another
company, he gave me pointers, advice, things to say and what to avoid,
he wished me luck and that's the last time I talked to him. I'll find
out about if I got the job in a few weeks, if I get it I owe it all to
him.

On a side note, my major sites, www.kaosinc.com , www.teseracte.com ,
and www.wildthingscast.com are all dedicated to the lives lost, and
you can donate money to the disaster relief fund via PayPal. I will
be going to "Ground Zero" most likley Sunday as part of FEMA's SAR
team.
-Dan Kaos Torregrossa
Teseracte Players of Boston
The Full Body Cast of Harvard Sq.

Dan Kaos

Sep 13, 2001, 5:24:55 AM9/13/01
This is my statement from a post I just made to this News Group, to
Chris himself, and to my personal Live Journal. This is a repost from
my Live Journal, with the original post, just a note the original name
is spelt Dan Leuing. Here's the post:

Because of a name scew up, kaosinc.com has been replaced. It started
on the day of the attack, a Daniel Lewin CTO of Akami Tech was killed.
I thought I knew him, come to find out I was wrong, I was still unsure
if I had the names right, untill now. I saw my pride and joy flagship
website taken down by my friend who runs the servers, replaced by the
truth that I did not infact know Daniel Lewin. Dan Lewing, who IS a
friend of mine, is alive and well, I didn't know what company he
worked for, all I knew was he was a high ranking official. Chris took
down Kaos Inc, and replaced it with a post from my roomate Linda, who
stated I knew Daniel Lewin from Akami tech, this created a shit storm
since I was still unsure if I had the names right, of course with the
bullshit that has been going on, the names got confused, and I started
to think it was really him, untill I saw my site, I then started going
through my phone lists and I was wrong. I'm very sorry to all who
thought a friend of mine was dead, I am very sorry to all at Akami.

This is what I have posted on the Rocky Horror news Group:

From: d...@kaosinc.com (Dan Kaos)
Newsgroups: alt.cult-movies.rocky-horror
Subject: Corretcion- Danny Lewing/ Daniel Lewin

I stand corrected. With the events that were going on September 11,
2001 Names were askewed. I did not know Daniel Lewin, of Akami Tech.
However I do know a CEO of a company by the name of Dan Lewing, who
was not killed in the crash that I know of. I do not know what company
he did work for, I do know he did worked for HealthGate. I am very
sorry to all who I confused, and lead into believeing that someone who
was a friend of mine died in a horrible disaster. I am also very
truely sorry for saying I had any assioations to Daniel Lewin of Akami
Tech. The names are so close, and not knowing where he worked, I
assumed that was him. Again to the Rocky Horror Community and to all
the people at Akami Tech, I am very sorry.

Banning me from all Rocky related events, go ahead, I screwed up and I
admit it, Between then and now things are insane, I didn't post
anything here because I was still unsure if the name was right. I
have contacted Chris of Akami, and Macross, and told him what
happened, if he decides to believe me or not is up to him, I have
asked him to remove kaosinc.com and wildthingscast.com from his
servers ir take down the letter he has put up, which resembles the
post I'm replying to. I know people are upset, I know people are
angry, and I am sorry.
So, time will tell if Kaosinc.com will go back up. If not it will be
transfered and will go back up at a later date.
-Dan

Atlas

Sep 13, 2001, 7:21:33 AM9/13/01
A lot of unbelievable shit has happened in the past two days.
Thousands have died. I have no doubt in my mind that names have
been crossed several hundred times as the moronic media starts
showing these ridiculous lists. They are the ones who lack any
sense of taste or tact. I would be mortified if I found out
first from national television or the internet that a loved one
had been killed. Write your local media mogul and demand these
lists be removed!

Let's keep it real here. There is no need to start attacking one
another over stupid shit.

Dan, as far as I'm concerned, you are welcome in Danvers. Let's
also give Chris the benefit of a doubt and not hold anything he
said against him.

«†»

--
Atlas
RH in NE Webslave

A great many of the truths we cling to
depend greatly on our point of view

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 11:48:33 AM9/13/01
Not to be a complete asshole here, but not only did he tell his friends he
knew this person, he even posted here shortly afterward about how he knew
him, and how this person told him he worked for Akamai and was the CTO..

It was only after he saw my messaages, and the fact i disabled his websites
on my machine did he finally turn around and saay it was all a mistake. I
can assure you, after reading this message that he sent to the newsgroup
below that any reasonable person will realize that Dan was even then, trying
to keep his fantasyland story alive, by telling all of us that he talked to
Danny last week and that his 'Dan' told him personally on the call 'last
week' that he was CTO of Akamai.

So it's obvious to me that no matter how this weasle trys to get out of it,
it wasn't' till he noticed that the news got back to me that he tried to
cover his ass.

Please see through his bullshit.

Thanks,
--Chris

(below is the message he posted after mine (below that is the message I
replied to)

He only did two shows I believe, but the time he was there we talked a
lot about computer networks. I did talk to him last week, him being
the CTO of Akami, and I was to have a CTO interview for another
company, he gave me pointers, advice, things to say and what to avoid,
he wished me luck and that's the last time I talked to him. I'll find
out about if I got the job in a few weeks, if I get it I owe it all to
him.

On a side note, my major sites, www.kaosinc.com , www.teseracte.com ,
and www.wildthingscast.com are all dedicated to the lives lost, and
you can donate money to the disaster relief fund via PayPal. I will
be going to "Ground Zero" most likley Sunday as part of FEMA's SAR
team.
-Dan Kaos Torregrossa
Teseracte Players of Boston
The Full Body Cast of Harvard Sq.

<end> below is the message I replied to>

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 11:52:26 AM9/13/01
Dan, the plain and simple fact that in the other message you posted here you
specifically said you talked to your "fantasyDan" and you said he told you
that he was the "CTO of Akamai" just proves you were trying to continue
your bullshit untill you saw your sites removed. Now your just trying to
get out of your selfish act.

I'm sure there was no 'confusion' as you state, your just totally surprised
the news got to me and your trying to cover your ass.

--Chris

"Dan Kaos" <d...@kaosinc.com> wrote in message

Dan Kaos

Sep 13, 2001, 1:34:18 PM9/13/01
Thanks Atlas,
I just can't believe certain people would think I made somthing like
this up, it was a mistake. Trust me I'm sick over this whole thing,
and the hate mail has allready started. I don't think Chris is wrong
for what he said, I do however wish he contacted me first before
taking down kaosinc.com.

Teseracte.com is safe however, being hosted on a server I administer
by my self.
-Dan

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 1:49:29 PM9/13/01
Dan don't even continue to attempt to get out of this....

Your response to Arthur was the final nail in the coffin. Good luck
finding a way out of that message. Why don't you just admit it was your
sick fantasy that started all this?

> > A lot of unbelievable shit has happened in the past two days.
> > Thousands have died. I have no doubt in my mind that names have
> > been crossed several hundred times as the moronic media starts
> > showing these ridiculous lists. They are the ones who lack any
> > sense of taste or tact. I would be mortified if I found out
> > first from national television or the internet that a loved one
> > had been killed. Write your local media mogul and demand these
> > lists be removed!
> >
> > Let's keep it real here. There is no need to start attacking one
> > another over stupid shit.
> >
> > Dan, as far as I'm concerned, you are welcome in Danvers. Let's
> > also give Chris the benefit of a doubt and not hold anything he
> > said against him.
> >

> > «?»

Michael Bilow

Sep 13, 2001, 1:52:32 PM9/13/01
Dan,

When I heard about this issue being raised on Usenet, I was originally
willing to cut you some slack. I figured that Chris Trainor had only
recently learned of the death of a respected colleague, and perhaps he
might have been angry with you over a simple mistake. Then I decided to
look into this newsgroup myself, and I found your message from a few
hours ago, Message-ID 4a5fca48.01091...@posting.google.com
timestamped at 13 Sep 2001 01:05:24 -0700.

Now I think Chris' reaction was entirely justified, and the only open
question is whether you are a pathological liar or genuinely insane.

As nearly as I can figure out, you refer to the non-deceased person "Dan
Leuing" as your "friend," variously refer to him as the CTO or CEO of
some company which you say do not know the name of, state that you are
up for consideration as the CTO of another company, and that if you get
this position as CTO you will owe it all to a few pointers you received
from him. You attribute this whole mix-up to innocent name confusion.
This in itself is pretty incredible, since I tend to know the names of
my friends and certainly tend to know by whom my professional colleagues
are employed.

You cross the line into utter incredulity, however, at your claim later
in that same message that you are planning to go into New York City on
Sunday with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Search and Rescue.

If I did not know you personally, I might be inclined to accept some of
your outlandish claims. However, as Chris Trainor's partner in the
theater business, I was personally present on a number of occasions at
events or conversations when you were also present, and you later
related accounts of those same events or conversations to other people
which were at such complete variance from reality as to bring into doubt
whether you even believe the things you say.

At this point, I wonder if your "Dan Leuing" even exists, or whether he
is an imaginary "friend" of yours in the nature of the sort which might
be psychologically normal for a small child, but not for an adult. You
have an active fantasy life which, when you allow it to ooze out of your
brain, proves profoundly unsettling to the people around you. Grow up.

Your FEMA claim is just amazing. You are one of the very last things
New York City needs right now. I have done disaster assistance work, I
have training and a bunch of certifications to do it, and I will do
everything in my power to stop you -- including reporting you to the
proper authorities -- if I learn that you are actually attempting to
involve yourself in whatever is going on in New York City. This work is
difficult, unglamorous, and dangerous: leave it to people who actually
know what they are doing. By the way, as far as I know, FEMA is an
administrative agency and does not even have a search and rescue team.

Your willingness to capitalize upon the tragic deaths of others to make
yourself feel important, first Danny Lewin of Akamai, claiming that he
was a friend of yours with whom you spoke regularly, and then all of the
many people including rescue workers killed in Manhattan, claiming that
you are working with FEMA, is utterly beneath contempt.

-- Mike

In article <4a5fca48.01091...@posting.google.com>,

Bilow Computer Science, Inc. | http://www.bilow.com/ | Michael S. Bilow
Cranston, RI 02920-5554, USA | mi...@bilow.com | President

Kasey

Sep 13, 2001, 2:05:14 PM9/13/01

Look, I do not know who you are, Chris, but I do know Dan. He would not
deliberatly post a name saying that they were killed if he didn't think it was
the truth. You need to take a lesson from the other people on the NG and learn
that petty things and simple mistakes are a part of human nature. It was not
Dan's fault that he read the name and it turned out to be someone else. Get on
with your life and do not cut others out of your life. You never know when your
or your friends last day may come. Do you really want that over your head for
the rest of your life? If one of your friends had died in that tragidy and you
had a meaningless arguement a month before, would you feel right with your
self??? I would be willing to bet that you would not. Life and time is to
precous to waste with childish and unforgiving acts. My advice is MISTAKES
HAPPEN, GET OVER IT. Maybe you can concentrate on bigger things, like making
sure none of your friends were in or around there. Dan, I know how easy it is
to get a name mistaken, especially if the press gets it wrong to start. Don't
let this person get to you. I will be here if you need to talk. Email me at
little...@hotmail.com.

I Love Ya
Kasey

Douglas North

Sep 13, 2001, 1:42:19 PM9/13/01
>>Dan, the plain and simple fact that in the other message you posted
here you specifically said you talked to your "fantasyDan" and you said
he told you that he was the "CTO of Akamai" just proves you were trying
to continue your bullshit untill you saw your sites removed. Now your
just trying to get out of your selfish act.<<

Stop this bullshit. I can't stand "people" who feel the need to start
crap at the worse possible times. What is the point?

**makes raspberry sound**

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 2:49:32 PM9/13/01
I'm sorry you feel this way, but when Dan starts spitting things out that's
utter fantasy, for the sole reason of making himself look like a hero that
has to stop. I was a longtime friend of Dan's uptill yesterday.

I understand your distorted view of Dan... many people belive him... he's
good a making his stories make sense. I'm sure even after time he belives
his own stories.

But the plain and simple fact that he stated in his reply to Arthur that his
friend Dan, called him, and told him that he was the CTO of Akamai proves
that Dan is making this up purely for his own self enhancement. Dan is a
sick person. He should probably get help. He seriously needs to remove
himself from the fanstasyland he lives and and join the rest of us in
reality.

I'm not asking for much, just for Dan to stop trying to cover his ass and
admit that he took advantage of this situation for his own self-enhancement.

thanks, and again, i'm sorry this all started... if Dan had not started
spitting out these lies, you would still not know who I am.

--Chris

"Kasey" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

Jason Desjardins

Sep 13, 2001, 2:52:03 PM9/13/01
d...@kaosinc.com (Dan Kaos) wrote in message news:<4a5fca48.01091...@posting.google.com>...

"Dan Lewing, who IS a friend of mine, is alive and well, I didn't know
what company he worked for, all I knew was he was a high ranking
official."

It would probably clear up matters if you told us what company Dan
Lewing does work for. Google, which has a tendancy to vaccuum
*everything* on the net, doesn't have a single reference for either
"Dan Lewing" or "Daniel Lewing" ...ever.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Dan%20Lewing%22&sourceid=opera&num=0

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Daniel+Lewing%22&btnG=Google+Search

Like Mike, I initially suggested to Chris that perhaps this was just
some sort of mental fumble coupled with REALLY bad timing. Now I
think you started with a small lie (which is offensive beyond my
ability to express it) and were forced into damage control.

So again, what company does your good, dear friend work for, Dan?

Regards,

Jason

Jason Shelton

Sep 13, 2001, 3:08:18 PM9/13/01
Chris Trainor wrote:

> Dan don't even continue to attempt to get out of this....
>
> Your response to Arthur was the final nail in the coffin. Good luck
> finding a way out of that message. Why don't you just admit it was your
> sick fantasy that started all this?
>
> --Chris

Dude, What the Fuck?????

Why exactly is this so important to you?

Jesus, you'd think you could find better things to do with your time
than to berate someone who either made up a story or actually did
confuse a couple names. Either way what's the huge harm?

--
Jason Shelton
Cast Director

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 3:19:34 PM9/13/01
Yes it is. He used knowing me and this whole horriable situation to try to
boost his own ego. Had he not done this, this whole discussion wouldn't
have started.

I'm amazed that people are blaming me for this.... I actually knew and
worked with the person he involved in his sick imagination. That's why this
is important to me. What if someone you knew was on the plane, and because
you gave Dan some information he used it to make it seem that like person
was his best friend? For the sole purposse of trying to exact sympathy out
of people and/or boost his own ego? You'd be just as pissed.

Again, i'm amazed i'm getting blasted. Instead why dont you simply just
ask dan to post the truth? Once he does, i'll go back under my rock.
Again, you woudln't have even seen a single mesasge from me if he hadn't
started this bullshit.

thanks, and again, I apologize everyone has had to deal with this mess, but
don't blame me for it.

--Chris

"Jason Shelton" <ja...@crazedimaginations.org> wrote in message

Zenin

Sep 13, 2001, 4:42:25 PM9/13/01

:
: I understand your distorted view of Dan... many people belive him... he's
: good a making his stories make sense. I'm sure even after time he belives
: his own stories.

If you'd turn on such a "longtime friend" so readily, can you
honestly say you were his friend?

I don't know who's right and I'm not sure I care, but I will say
that I do find Dan's story plausible, as well as his tone
considerably less rash. By contrast, you seem to speek from a
position of emotion with no indication that you have allowed any
consideration for the side of your "longtime friend". This does not
assist the credibility of your statements.

--
-Zenin (ze...@rhps.org) \ Your Official ORGy sites!! /
The Bawdy Caste (Menlo Park, CA) \ www.bawdycaste.org /

Chris Trainor

Sep 13, 2001, 4:49:36 PM9/13/01
Please read his messages, in the order he sent them.... (actually start
with the message from Linda)

You'll understand.

thanks.

I also didn't state he was a close friend, just a longtime friend. If
anyone else was to do something like this, take advantage of me this way, I
don't care who they are, they will no longer be friends. I did not turn on
him, he used me. This was not a mistake like he's trying to get you to
think. Look at his reponse to Arthur. For a brief moment I thought that
maybe I was wrong, maybe Dan did make a mistake, then I saw that response.
That was the end....

--Chris

"Zenin" <ze...@rhps.org> wrote in message

Jason Shelton

Sep 13, 2001, 5:11:59 PM9/13/01
Chris Trainor wrote:

> Yes it is. He used knowing me and this whole horriable situation to try to
> boost his own ego. Had he not done this, this whole discussion wouldn't
> have started.
>
> I'm amazed that people are blaming me for this.... I actually knew and
> worked with the person he involved in his sick imagination. That's why this
> is important to me. What if someone you knew was on the plane, and because
> you gave Dan some information he used it to make it seem that like person
> was his best friend? For the sole purposse of trying to exact sympathy out
> of people and/or boost his own ego? You'd be just as pissed.
>
> Again, i'm amazed i'm getting blasted. Instead why dont you simply just
> ask dan to post the truth? Once he does, i'll go back under my rock.
> Again, you woudln't have even seen a single mesasge from me if he hadn't
> started this bullshit.
>
> thanks, and again, I apologize everyone has had to deal with this mess, but
> don't blame me for it.
>
> --Chris

Repeat after me :

"It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

repeat as many times as needed until you calm the fuck down.

Zenin

Sep 13, 2001, 5:23:16 PM9/13/01
Chris Trainor <ctra...@macross.com> wrote:
: Please read his messages, in the order he sent them.... (actually start

: with the message from Linda)
:
: You'll understand.
:
: thanks.

I did so before I responded, twice, as well as searched for any
messages in other threads you may have been referring to.

: I also didn't state he was a close friend, just a longtime friend.

Perhaps this is my flaw; I am exceedingly carful to whom I refer to
as a "friend" in any context. I do forget that many others are far
more casual in their terminology.

: If anyone else was to do something like this, take advantage of me this

: way, I don't care who they are, they will no longer be friends. I did not
: turn on him, he used me. This was not a mistake like he's trying to get
: you to think. Look at his reponse to Arthur. For a brief moment I
: thought that maybe I was wrong, maybe Dan did make a mistake, then I saw
: that response. That was the end....

Do you refer to his response to, "Arthur Jason Squaredaway", where
he claims to be a member of FEMA's SAR teams?

In one of your replies, you indicated your belief that FEMA didn't
have anything resembling an SAR team, which couldn't be farther
from the truth:

http://www.fema.gov/usr/

You were wrong then, could you be wrong now? Dan's story is far
easier to believe then your rash, emotional ranting. You will be
unlikely to gain many allies if you continue on in this way,
regardless how correct your position may infact be.

wendythewonderdog

Sep 13, 2001, 6:10:38 PM9/13/01
ok.....maybe i missed the point....but this is by far one of the most
asinine things to argue over right now. please keep stuff like this to
e-mail. either you trust the guy or you don't. it's that simple. now
please stop attacking each-other.....it's counter-productive to the
way people are supposed to be supporting eachother at this time.

-wendy

Quality

Sep 13, 2001, 9:09:18 PM9/13/01

> Dan, the plain and simple fact that in the other message you posted here
you
> specifically said you talked to your "fantasyDan" and you said he told you
> that he was the "CTO of Akamai" just proves you were trying to continue
> your bullshit untill you saw your sites removed. Now your just trying to
> get out of your selfish act.
>
> I'm sure there was no 'confusion' as you state, your just totally
surprised
> the news got to me and your trying to cover your ass.
>
> --Chris

OK, we get it.......your angry and supposedly Dan did something bad.

Now go make a public display somewhere else. Wether or not Dan lied is
something for the two of you to work out among yourselves. We are not his
fuckin' parents or a group of your peers.

(Disclosure: Dan is in my cast but notice I am not defending his actions or
saying you have no right to be angry at him. Just do it somewhere else.)

Art Laurie means Quality! Ask for him by name!
The Teseracte Players of Boston!
Hiding deep in the bowles of the Secondary Conn! I'll be out soon!

Dan Kaos

Sep 14, 2001, 1:19:42 AM9/14/01
I made it up. I did not know the CTO of Akami, it's all bullshit, and
Fantisy if you will. I do not work for FEMA, I am trained in SAR, a
few fiends and I are/were going to NY to help. Again I am sorry to
the Rocky Community, to all Akami employees, and to Chris. Please do
not attack Chris, he was a friend and I can understand why he is so
upset. Now let this all drop, please.
-Dan Torregrossa

Michael Bilow

Sep 14, 2001, 2:52:34 PM9/14/01
I concur with your view of the seriousness of the situation, having read
the articles posted to this newsgroup. I thought going so far as to try
to exploit the death of your colleague for his own self-aggrandizement
would be out of bounds even for Dan T., but apparently I was wrong.

I know you have gone out of your way in the past to help Dan T. in many
different situations. You have been hosting his web sites and his e-mail
free of charge for years. As a theater owner, you invited him and his
cast to perform "Clue" less than a year ago, when Dan T. repaid our
generosity by trying to quit his own cast days before the premiere, after
the advertising had been bought and the publicity done.

People who are judging this situation only from the newsgroup articles
are missing out on a great deal of the relevant real-life context here.

-- Mike

In article <10004049...@atlantia.macross.com>,

Sep 14, 2001, 4:13:42 PM9/14/01
Michael Bilow wrote:

>People who are judging this situation only from the newsgroup articles
>are missing out on a great deal of the relevant real-life context here.

I don't think we are. I think we have PLENTY of real-life context around here,
thanks.

Dan has publically apologized for his actions and taken blame for everything he
was accused of. Well yahoo. You should be happy, now PLEASE let it lie.

Peace, Love, and RO'B,

Jason Shelton

Sep 14, 2001, 5:51:36 PM9/14/01

> People who are judging this situation only from the newsgroup articles
> are missing out on a great deal of the relevant real-life context here.

No, we quite simple couldn't care less and want you all to shut the hell
up about this totally insignifigant matter.

Michael Bilow

Sep 14, 2001, 10:43:58 PM9/14/01
In article <20010914161342...@mb-mi.aol.com>,

My article was actually posted before Dan T. posted his admission and
apology, but we are buying a news feed from a service which is fairly
paranoid and which restamps its own "Date" header to confuse people.
If you use a threaded news reader the sequence would be clearer, but
because of the munged header the timestamp you see is the time that the
article was relayed out toward you, not the time I posted it.

-- Mike