Mr. Rogers bought the farm :(

CowboyBebopBluze

Feb 27, 2003, 6:52:46 AM2/27/03

:( It's NOT a beautiful day in the neighborhood today. Fred Rogers, aka Mr.
Rogers of Mr. Rogers neighborhood, passed away from tummy cancer at the age of
72.

I have to admit, his show always creeped me out as a kid...those puppets just
frightened me. But Mr. Rogers himself seemed like a cool dude, so here is a RIP
for him.

Bill

Rest In Peace Space Cowboy

MagentaTNP

Feb 27, 2003, 7:50:58 AM2/27/03
This is really sad news! Mr. Rogers was probably one of my most favorite shows
growing up as a child. I actually watched an episode a couple days ago :(

<<his show always creeped me out as a kid...those puppets just
> frightened me. But Mr. Rogers himself seemed like a cool dude, so here is a
RIP
> for him.>>

I always loved watching when Mr. Rogers brought out the models from the Land f
Make Believe. The puppets are creepy..especially Lady Elaine. But when Creepy
Kids shows comes to mind - TeleTubbies and Zoobily Zoo comes to my mind.

--
Erica
Cast Manager/Magenta

"And if you've got no other choice
You know you can follow my voice
through the dark turns and noise
of this wicked little town." Wicked Little Town/Hedwig and the Angry Inch

In article <20030227065246...@mb-fg.aol.com>,
cowboybe...@aol.com (CowboyBebopBluze) says...

Glenn Marker

Feb 27, 2003, 8:43:41 AM2/27/03
In article <1lluvxegzm9...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, MagentaTNP
<magenta...@hotmail.com> says...

> I always loved watching when Mr. Rogers brought out the models from the Land
> Make Believe. The puppets are creepy..especially Lady Elaine. But when Creepy
> Kids shows comes to mind - TeleTubbies and Zoobily Zoo comes to my mind.

I think zoobily zoo was a regional thing. I seem to only run into east coasters
and folks in the philly metro area that remember that train wreck involving an
owl, hippo, frog, doug and the chick with gogo boots. Not as regional as
captain noah (now that I think about it, his send your pictures song kinda
sounds like a pedophile parade theme). I once met Mister Rogers at the U of
Pitt when I went to grad school at WVU. He was a nice guy but you just had to
know deep down somewhere that had to be a tiny kink streak....like this guy can
not be this pure. I heard stories of him snapping on the set (his show was
filmed at Pitt for along time) and ranting like a lunatic. I guess another star
from my childhood has dimmed (see tagline). Who is next...Chachi of joanie and
chachi fame?*sigh*

Glenn
www.sincerelust.org
www.rhps-fishnetinc.com

--
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

Arthur Levesque

Feb 27, 2003, 8:48:49 AM2/27/03
Glenn>I think zoobily zoo was a regional thing. I seem to only run into
Glenn>east coasters and folks in the philly metro area

Which isn't east coast? ;)

Glenn>that remember that train wreck involving an owl, hippo, frog, doug
Glenn>and the chick with gogo boots.

I remember seeing that one, and rapidly grabbing the pliers to change
the channel...

Glenn>I once met Mister Rogers at the U of Pitt when I went to grad school
Glenn>at WVU. ... I guess another star from my childhood has dimmed

I never met him, or really watched his show. I read a lot more than I
watched TV at a young age.

Glenn>(see tagline)

Glenn>Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
Glenn>That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
Glenn>And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Glenn>Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Glenn>Signifying nothing. -Shakespeare 1605

Oh God, don't tell me Shakespeare's dead too??
--
/\ Arthur Levesque <fnord?> http://boog.org & http://DammitJa.net __
\B\ack King of the Potato People & shanana-Cobain <*> Urban Spaceman (oO)

Larry Viezel

Feb 27, 2003, 9:11:02 AM2/27/03
In article <20030227065246...@mb-fg.aol.com>,
cowboybe...@aol.com (CowboyBebopBluze) says...
> tummy cancer

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ths is one of the funniest and most morbidly disturbing phrases ever used on
this newsgroup.

Larry.

PriscellaQ

Feb 27, 2003, 1:50:38 PM2/27/03
>I think zoobily zoo was a regional thing. I seem to only run into east
>coasters
>and folks in the philly metro area that remember that train wreck involving
>an
>owl, hippo, frog, doug and the chick with gogo boots.

This was on the west coast too, but I recall it being called The New Zoo Revue.
My best friend growing up actually had a stuffed Freddie the Frog. But that
show was on at dark 0-30 in the morning

HOWEVER, my favortite neighbor, Mr. Rogers, will be missed.

Jaimie

Arthur Levesque

Feb 27, 2003, 2:11:58 PM2/27/03
PriscellaQ>This was on the west coast too, but I recall it being called
PriscellaQ>The New Zoo Revue.

Zoobilee Zoo and The New Zoo Review were different programs. RI had
both of them.

Glenn Marker

Feb 27, 2003, 3:24:06 PM2/27/03
In article <b3lntu$1npp07$1...@ID-75701.news.dfncis.de>, meist...@boog.org
(Arthur Levesque) says...

> PriscellaQ>This was on the west coast too, but I recall it being called
> PriscellaQ>The New Zoo Revue.
>
> Zoobilee Zoo and The New Zoo Review were different programs. RI had
> both of them.

Yup I remember now. New Zoo Revue is what I was talking about freddie frog,
charlie owl and henretta hippo...doug and some chick in gogo boots. I am going
to go back to eating my sugar smacks.

DrDimitri

Feb 27, 2003, 7:20:06 PM2/27/03
Mr. Rodgers will definitely be missed. They don't make shows like that
nowadays.
What's scarey, is that he was actually a trained killer. I believe he was a
Navy SEAL!!

Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
Frank/Rocky/Riff
Wild and Untamed Things,
http://wut.rhps.org
drdi...@aol.com
ex BL member =(
http://www.barelylegal.rhps.org
Awarded "Biggest Nut on the Net"

Molly

Feb 27, 2003, 10:15:06 PM2/27/03
He was a sniper of some sort, from what I know. He wore the cardigan
sweaters to hide the tattoos on his arm... rumor has it there was a rose on
his arm for each man he killed. Now how much of that is true, I don't know,
but he /was/ a sniper and the tattoos are there... he kind of thought it his
way of giving back to society.

But I'll still kick anyone's ass at my high school who makes light of his
death. Sniffle.

Molly
meowmeowhenriettapussycat...

DrDimitri <drdi...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Mr. Rodgers will definitely be missed. They don't make shows like that
> nowadays.
> What's scarey, is that he was actually a trained killer. I believe he was
> Navy SEAL!!
>

> Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
> Frank/Rocky/Riff
> Wild and Untamed Things,
> http://wut.rhps.org
> drdi...@aol.com
> ex BL member

> http://www.barelylegal.rhps.org

e. truver

Feb 27, 2003, 10:31:49 PM2/27/03
Actually that's another urban legend, also told about John Denver:
http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/denver.htm

"The John Denver "sniper" story is a typical example of the "he's not what he
seems to be" legend type, tales of contradictory excess generally applied to
celebrities who entertain children or otherwise have a cloying public image that
show them to be the opposites of their public images. (Other examples include
radio host Uncle Don and singer Mariah Carey.) Thus John Denver, known to the
world as a gentle, nature-loving pop singer, is transformed into his antithesis:
a professional killer. (As is Fred Rogers of television's Mister Rogers'
Neighborhood. He too is rumored to have been a sniper, with even his penchant
for long-sleeved cardigans ascribed to his hiding tattoos from the eyes of
curious little tykes. Like Denver, Rogers never served in any branch of the
military. He is an ordained minister in the United Presbyterian Church.)"

--
mom elaine
Midnight Madness, Chicago

-----
In article <8nA7a.14982$Xa4....@fe01.atl2.webusenet.com>, "Molly"
<rhpscol...@yahoo.com> says...

Molly

Feb 27, 2003, 11:13:04 PM2/27/03
I feel so betrayed.

e. truver <tru...@aol.com> wrote in message

CowboyBebopBluze

Feb 28, 2003, 2:00:56 AM2/28/03

New Zoo Review:

Doug: Guitar playin' mustache hippie type guy

Emmy Jo- His helper who always wore go go boots (One of my first crushes)

Freddie the Frog- juvinile trouble makin' frog.

Henrietta Hippo- big time gossip and eaves-dropper, never could mind his
business.

Charley the Owl-crabby old fart that liked to be alone in his tree and conduct
experiments (possible mad scientist with aspirations of world domination.)

Yeah, New Zoo review was on waaaaaay early in the morning.

<This is one of the funniest and most morbidly disturbing phrases ever used on
this newsgroup.>

Ah, my legecy. Lucky (or unlucky) for me that both " funny" and "morbidly
disturbing" both fit me pretty well. :)

Bill

See you space cowboy

Dr.Shocker

Feb 28, 2003, 2:32:51 AM2/28/03
Mr. Rogers gone......yeah the meds did kick in........he's finnally
gone......or was that the arsnic........I perfered Cpt. Kangaroo, even as a
kid I related to lushes........

Dr.Shocker
TooMuchCoffeeCast
and
The Church of Booze

Mike Bennett

Feb 28, 2003, 2:31:22 AM2/28/03

Charles DuPont

Feb 28, 2003, 5:52:30 AM2/28/03
Oh, I don't know. I sort of liked "The Neighbourhood Of Make Believe" Lady
Elaine - Fairchild was a drag queen with her boomerang toomerang zoomerang -
turning everything topsy turvey. As a child it was fun. As a teen-ager on
LSD - WHOA!!!!!

"Dr.Shocker" <drsh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

-Barry-

Feb 28, 2003, 4:18:36 PM2/28/03
zoobilee zoo was broadcast at my grnadparents house in missouri.... and up
by me in indiana. when i lived there. i wonder if it's on down here. that
show was creepy.

"Arthur Levesque" <meist...@boog.org> wrote in message

Mark Tomaino

Feb 28, 2003, 6:48:29 PM2/28/03

It was the new zoo revue coming right at you
they laff with their friend doug and helper abby jo with fredd charley
henrietta they have fun learning what they dont know.

I watched some episodes about a year ago...Abby jo in a skirt and go go
boots...mmm mmmmmm
Rocky Horror: www.midnightinsanity.com
Matchmaking Services: www.intouchdating.com
"Wow. Nice job, Mark. You've totallly re-engineered the meaning of the word
'asshole'. " - 17-five...@fabulous.com 12/2/2002