[OT] In The News Pt. III

Richard Davidson

Jan 28, 2002, 9:53:44 PM1/28/02
I noticed this on CNN.com. I used to read her books when I was a kid and got a
lot of enjoyment out of them, so this is doubly sad...

'Pippi Longstocking' author dies

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (Reuters) -- Popular Swedish author Astrid Lindgren, creator
of the freckle-faced, free-spirited Pippi Longstocking, died on Monday at the
age of 94, Swedish TT news agency reported.

Lindgren died in her home after a brief illness, TT said.

Generations of children around the world have grown up with the characters
created by Lindgren -- the red-haired Pippi Longstocking, the mischievous Emil
and Ronia the Robber's Daughter.

Lindgren wrote some 30 books and several plays, many of which have been made
into films, television series, radio shows and cartoons.

Her books have sold over 100 million copies in 55 langauges.

--
See you round like a record,
Richard Davidson

"If I'm talking to a guy whose straight and cute and single, I'm like, 'Are you
unicorn?'"
Margaret Cho, I'M THE ONE THAT I WANT