Charles Gray has died

Fool

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.
For a little more information check:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_670000/670271.stm

For the BBC report.

R (Fool)

--
"Logic tells us the world is round, but logic is a new toy.
Here, drink up." Astrolabus

The Fairy Gothmother

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
well, this just sucks a bit...::sigh::

well, see ya chuckie...maybe in heaven you'll finally grow a freakin neck...

Brianne
"Magenta"
Pink Invaders
www.pinkinvaders.com
~Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.~
~And to my surprise, with half closed eyes, things looked even better than when
they were open...~

magentatnp

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
This is very sad news - I found some more coverage on Yahoo...Charles
will certainly be missed -- especially from his RH family...

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000308/re/people_gray_1.html

Erica aka magentatnp
Cast Manager/Magenta
Transylvanian Nipple Productions - Philly, PA
http://www.transylvanians.org

Cast Member
Transexual Misfits - Elkton, MD
http://www.angelfire.com/md/elkton

In article <8a5msq$pgo$1...@news.ox.ac.uk>,

--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tyler Durden

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
ello

This is sortta spooky considering our resident CRIM at the Home of Happiness
recently had his last show last week. hmmm.....

anyway, Charles will be missed.
but on the ironic side (and i KNOW i'm gonna get all sorts of flames for this)
the articles said he had passed away due to "Throat Cancer"....
The "Neckless" one died of "Throat" cancer.
i know i'm evil and horrible..but i chuckled inside for a minute.

Long Live Gray

**Super Saiyan Punk**
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are NOT your fuck'n khakis.
We are the all singing, all dancing
crap of the world. This is your life,
and it's ending one minute at a time.

richa...@my-deja.com

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
In article <20000308100041...@ng-fh1.aol.com>,
punka...@aol.com43 (Tyler Durden) wrote:

> The "Neckless" one died of "Throat" cancer.
> i know i'm evil and horrible..but i chuckled inside for a minute.

no, you aren't evil and horrible, but it is damn ironic. as an ex-Crim,
it was fun getting to act like Mr. Gray for that time and i hope that he
rests in peace.

an 'aside' question... i know that it's been said that he never saw what
was going on in the rest of the film when he did his scenes, but did he
ever wind up seeing the film? i've heard that he'd never seen the film,
but i wanted to make sure that it was right.

--
see you round like a record,
richard

"I live vicariously through my rumours."
Calista Flockhart

Dave Leckie

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00

Fool wrote:

> I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.
> For a little more information check:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_670000/670271.stm
>
> For the BBC report.
>
> R (Fool)

Well, that just sucks. Damnit. Ah, well... he'll be reuinited with
his... ah, damn it, this joke's already been made...

--
Silliness,
Dave "If it's not Super-rare, I'm not interested" Leckie

Seth Morris

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:07:56 -0000, "Fool" <robert...@bnc.ox.ac.uk>

wrote:
>I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.

I wonder if this will affect the remake of The Devil Rides Out that
Christopher Lee was supposed to be in next year (I was hoping Gray
would return to play Morcata as well -- it's the definitive
non-Dracula Lee movie and Gray was astoundingly evil). It would make a
good "straight" movie to remember him by (I can't stand Bond).

Seth.

Jeremy Moran

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Looks like I've got a new screamer line...
"Don't remember this man, because he has NO FUCKING NECK! Or dick. Or
balls. Or pulse. Resume."

+ +
Big Jeremy, Dr. Scott / Floorwalker / Cast Bitch - Los Bastardos
http://www.losbastardos.com
= =
Big Jeremy's Big-Ass Web Site: http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/bigjeremy
# # #
"CHICKENS!" - Angry Amish Roadkill

LadyCrim

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Casts might want to consider having no Criminologist perform this
weekend (or next, if this weekend is implausible), as a gesture of
respect to the departed. Just a thought.

Julie Barman
Criminologist
The Bawdy Caste
Fremont, CA

--
"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor,
and I'm happy to state I've finally won out over it."

Dave Leckie

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00

LadyCrim wrote:

> Casts might want to consider having no Criminologist perform this
> weekend (or next, if this weekend is implausible), as a gesture of
> respect to the departed. Just a thought.
>
> Julie Barman
> Criminologist
> The Bawdy Caste
> Fremont, CA

I suppose a cooler idea would be every crim scene, sing the following:

We love you chuckie, oh yes we do.
We love you chuckie, and we'll be true.
When you're not with us, we're blue (SO BLUE!)
Oh, Chuckie we love you.

(and this only has to be a one-time thing... I think it'd be a good
idea...)

Tyler Durden

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
ello

ARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!
I AM SOOO SORRY!!!!

he DIDN"Tt die of throat cancer...i read the article too quick.
FUCK!!! my bad.

but...he is still dead and i am still REALLY sad.

DAMMIT!!!!!!
woulda made a great joke.

fuck

BertSchnik

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Rest In Peace, Mr. Gray. Thanks for being a part of my life for the last 20
years, even if it was just as a character on a movie screen.

You will be missed.

With deepest respect,

William Brennan, NYC RHPS

Ex-DeliveryBoy

Mar 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/8/00
Mr. Gray,

You have indeed taken us all on a strange journey, may yours bring
you peace and to a better place.

DrTrixie84

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
>an 'aside' question... i know that it's been said that he never saw what
>was going on in the rest of the film when he did his scenes, but did he
>ever wind up seeing the film? i've heard that he'd never seen the film,
>but i wanted to make sure that it was right.

No, he didn't believe in seeing any of his own films.

~Allison~
*Dr. Trixie McKinley*

~~~>http://fade.to/TrixiesCastle<~~~~

Stephen Murden

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Just to say I've added a small (and boy, I mean small!) tribute to Charles
Gray to Mental Instability at:

www.velvetdarkness.co.uk

Fool <robert...@bnc.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message

> I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.
> For a little more information check:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_670000/670271.stm
>
> For the BBC report.
>
> R (Fool)

Mark Tomaino

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00

>Casts might want to consider having no Criminologist perform this
>weekend (or next, if this weekend is implausible), as a gesture of
>respect to the departed. Just a thought.
'
That was my first thought but I am still not convinced..maybe cause the
audience to focus on his screen presence a little more?

e <8a5msq$pgo$1...@news.ox.ac.uk>,
> "Fool" <robert...@bnc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>> I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no
>more.
>> For a little more information check:
>>

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_670000/670271.stm
>>
>> For the BBC report.
>>
>> R (Fool)
>
>--

> "I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor,
> and I'm happy to state I've finally won out over it."
> - James Stewart, "Harvey"
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

-------
Rocky Horror: www.midnightinsanity.com
Matchmaking Services: www.intouchdating.com
714-772-RHPS PO Box 8632 Anaheim CA 92812

DrDimitri

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
Charles Gray will be missed greatly. Even though his character was not
interspersed with the rest of them, he was stil la huge part of the movie.
Without him, half the background info would never have been known.

Yes, I have been Crim numerous times over my 8+ years of Rocky. Hell I just
performed Crim last week (March 4th) I'm pleased to say I performed the last
show for Under sedation as the Crim before Chuckie died.

Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
actor for Under Sedation/Sacramento,CA
Alumni:Erotic Nightmares,Palo Alto/Belmont, CA:Bawdy Caste, San Jose, CA:
Cosmic Light, San Mateo, CA
Guest with Zenroom,San Luis Obispo,CA
drdi...@aol.com

TheRev

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
wrote:

>I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.

And to commemorate his life, I bought a Dr. Evil figure. Since Doc
Evil was almost a direct rip of Blofeld, I thought it appropriate.

The Rev
Tracy Swineford the...@fnworld.com
PreShow M.C. - Midnight Insanity - www.midnightinsanity.com
WestCoast Enterprises - http://westcoastent.web.com
Ring Announcer - United Independant Wrestling Alliance - www.uiwa.com
Your hero & role model
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice
sandwich. Why settle for the lesser of two evils?

Mark Tomaino

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00

> Yes,

(who the fuck are you talking to

>I have been Crim numerous times over my >8+ years of Rocky.

Fredraff1

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
it says that he didnt die of throat cancer, it said that charles, lended his
voice for the guy in the film because he had his larnex removed cause that guy
had thraot cancer, it never said what he died of

Dean Golden

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
In honor of this and since I am playing Crim this week, I will not perform
in honor of his death.

Dean Golden
The Bawdy Caste

LadyCrim <gree...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| Casts might want to consider having no Criminologist perform this
| weekend (or next, if this weekend is implausible), as a gesture of
| respect to the departed. Just a thought.
|

| Julie Barman
| Criminologist
| The Bawdy Caste
| Fremont, CA
|

| In article <8a5msq$pgo$1...@news.ox.ac.uk>,

| "Fool" <robert...@bnc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
| > I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no
| more.

richa...@my-deja.com

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=5394

--
see you round like a record,
richard

Trish: So, I heard you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning in some
theme park. When are men going to learn that women want romance, not Mr
Toad's Wild Ride.

Brodie: Be fair, everyone wants Mr Toad's Wild Ride.

- from MALLRATS

de Sade

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:07:56 -0000, "Fool" <robert...@bnc.ox.ac.uk>
pounded at the keyboard randomly and came up with:

>I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.

Another voice goes out into the night...-de Sade

Silent Bob

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
In article <8a5msq$pgo$1...@news.ox.ac.uk>,
"Fool" <robert...@bnc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but CHarles Gray is no more.

<takes off my hat and bows my head for a moment of silence>

--
You know, there's a million fine-looking women in the world, but they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of them just cheat on you.

Mike

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00

See you latter Chuckie its been a pleasure.
Mike Beer

Dave Leckie

Mar 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/16/00

Mark Tomaino wrote:

> > Yes,
>
> (who the fuck are you talking to

My brother, the cameraman, who already got run over by the car, did an
exorcist-like head thingy when panning around the lab, and got really
dizzy at the end...