joe strummer-RIP

polly esther

Dec 23, 2002, 11:32:27 AM12/23/02
i just fround our that Joe Strummer of The Clash died today. i grew up on The
Clash and am very sad for his family.

Polly Esther

A Timplistic Girl

Dec 23, 2002, 1:55:10 PM12/23/02
In article <1fbnd3kuzpd...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, polly esther
<pollyes...@yahoo.com> says...

I know I just heard about it, too. SUCKS. Too many great people have been
lost in the past few months. :( God bless his family, friends, and all Clash
fans.

--
Mysti

Nate

Dec 23, 2002, 5:51:05 PM12/23/02
in article 1fbnd3kuzpd...@news.rockynewsgroup.org, polly esther at
pollyes...@yahoo.com wrote on 12/23/02 8:32 AM:

> i just fround our that Joe Strummer of The Clash died today. i grew up on The
> Clash and am very sad for his family.

The Clash was among the first bands I ever listened to as a kid. Very sad
news.

----

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
M.F. SHARK!
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Nate Havoc
http://www.geocities.com/natesoisite/Home.html
Barely Legal, CA
www.barelylegal.rhps.org

Randy Brown

Dec 23, 2002, 6:19:21 PM12/23/02
Polly Esther wrote:

> I just found out that Joe Strummer of The
> Clash died today.

What a great loss to the music world.

"Sandinista!" was the first Clash album I ever heard all the way
through, and it remains one of my all-time favorites...

After all this time, to believe in Jesus
After all these years, I thought I was in
After all this lyin' and a-cryin', and a-sufferin'
I ain't good enough, I ain't clean enough to meet him!

"The Sound of the Sinners" (1980)

Time to fire up the VCR and watch my 20-year-old copy of "Rude Boy".

--RB (preparing for "Armagideon Time")

Draven T. Corvus

Dec 24, 2002, 5:01:32 AM12/24/02
I realised that I'm posting a reply without thinking too clearly on Mon, 23 Dec
2002 16:32:27 GMT and mostlike hating myself in the morning to article

Another punk bites the dust. Very sad news. Maybe all the punk band member that
are left from all the bands that have had losses should get together and put
together a punk tribute concert. It would give thanks to the members who have
died over the years and be a great mermorial to all.

--
Draven T. Corvus
Actor/Sound Tech/Cast Tattoo Artist

"I'm reminded of the great Socrates who once said...
'I Drank What?!'"--Chris Knight

Richard Davidson

Dec 24, 2002, 5:11:15 AM12/24/02
In article <1fbnd3kuzpd...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, polly
esther <pollyes...@yahoo.com> says...

> i just fround our that Joe Strummer of The Clash died today. i grew up
on The
> Clash and am very sad for his family.

This news seriously screwed up my day. The Clash are up in my top 10
favorite bands and it was cool to think that they were finally starting to get
the response from the world at large that they should have gotten from the
start. Joe Strummer was always one of the guys that I respected the most
in this world and it sucks to see him go.

--
See you round like a record,
Richard Davidson

"My stocking has a breathable cotton panel"
Crow T. Robot
Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Episode 321 - SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS

MTSBspidey

Dec 24, 2002, 12:13:52 PM12/24/02

>Another punk bites the dust. Very sad news. Maybe all the punk band member
>that
>are left from all the bands that have had losses should get together and put
>together a punk tribute concert. It would give thanks to the members who have
>
>died over the years and be a great mermorial to all.

it's already happening...look at the current "misfits" line-up which started
for a joey ramone tribute show...skott