OT: RIP Hume Cronyn

Greaser From The Freezer

Jun 17, 2003, 2:35:25 PM6/17/03
I just saw an article on my home page saying that Hume Cronyn died late
Sunday afternoon of prostate cancer at the age of 91.
I'm sure that most of us don't need to be reminded of who he was, but
for those who might not know Hume Cronyn was a fantastic character actor
who's career spanned almost 70 years. He performed many stage and movie
roles along with his late wife, actress Jessica Tandy. A lot of us probably
are still too young to remember many of his early roles, but I'm sure not a
one of us doesn't remember him in flicks like "Cocoon" (as well as its
sequel), and my personal favorite "*Batteries Not Included".
He also was an accomplished stage actor, winning the 1964 Tony for best
supporting actor for his role as Polonius in "Hamlet".

Sigh... we've lost another guys...

*To Absent Friends! *clicks glass*

--
Justin Taylor
*Eddie/Dr. Scott/Director/Fearless Leader of "The Transsexual Chinchillas"

"If you never go over the top, you can't see what's on the other side."
- Jim Steinman

"The Devil may care, but I don't."

"War, though a necessary evil, is still evil."
- Fmr. Pres. Jimmy Carter

U62van

Jun 18, 2003, 2:13:50 AM6/18/03

fred