Using Cotse as a shell account

1 view

Fretu

Apr 14, 2007, 6:08:17 AM4/14/07

Anyone here using Cotse knows if it is possible to use it as a shell
account where you can run irssi and lynx?

The idea being that as I don't need to download any photos/graphics,
then Cotse could be used for IRC chat with irssi and internet browsing
with lynx.

--

Netvibes: http://www.netvibes.com

nospam

Apr 14, 2007, 8:42:55 AM4/14/07
Fretu wrote:

> Anyone here using Cotse knows if it is possible to use it as a shell
> account where you can run irssi and lynx?
>
> The idea being that as I don't need to download any photos/graphics,
> then Cotse could be used for IRC chat with irssi and internet browsing
> with lynx.

i use www.trilightzone.org/sevices.html , their accounts are also shell
accounts which suits my needs :-) I have also an account with cotse,
always good to alternatives.

Nomen Nescio

Apr 14, 2007, 3:10:05 PM4/14/07
em...@is.invalid wrote:

> Anyone here using Cotse knows if it is possible to use it as a shell
> account where you can run irssi and lynx?
>
> The idea being that as I don't need to download any photos/graphics,
> then Cotse could be used for IRC chat with irssi and internet browsing
> with lynx.

Ask to be set up on the new web hosting and then ask that shell access
be enabled. This is how I got my shell account. It gives me SSH and
SCP access to all my web and ftp space too.

Fretu

Apr 16, 2007, 6:05:50 AM4/16/07

> i use www.trilightzone.org/sevices.html , their accounts are also shell
> accounts which suits my needs :-) I have also an account with cotse,
> always good to alternatives.

I have researched trilightzone in the past and I came to the conclusion
that they are Privacy.li resellers. I can't recall how I realised
exactly, I think its because their servers location are exactly the same
as privacy.li

Not that I am personally against privacy.li, I am certainly not taking
part in any personal dispute between providers, but just to make things
clear to others who may consider them.

Also, you are posting through privacy.li according to your headers.

--

Netvibes: http://www.netvibes.com

nospam

Apr 16, 2007, 7:37:56 AM4/16/07

actually i am using the newsgroup subscription from privacy.li. I asked
them about it and they're not resellers, they're working together
instead of against each other. I also mentioned the opinions privacy.li
has, their answer is that every one is entitled to their own opinion.

Eitherway, i'm very content with what they offer and especially their
response to any request is quick. Technically speaking, cotse is also a
provider with its own view of things. At the end the client makes the
choice :-)