Wtd: Car insurance for new drivers

1 view

Cullen Skink

Jan 13, 2006, 2:43:12 PM1/13/06
Hi
Just passed my driving test and wondered are there any insurers out there
who are cheaper than most for new drivers?

thanks

Palindr☻me

Jan 13, 2006, 3:24:02 PM1/13/06

Rumour has it:

Get an EasyJet or Eurolines one way ticket to Tallinn.
Buy a car there (very cheap) - it will come with compulsory traffic
cover (issued by The Estonian Traffic Insurance Foundation). Legal for
use in UK as 3rd party only cover. Give your Tallinn Hotel as your
address when bying the thing.

Take short holiday whilst there and see sights, etc.

Drive it back.

Use it for 11 months.

Ignore parking tickets (other than in tow-away zones), speed cameras,
London Congestion Charges, etc.

Drive it back and exchange it..Use a different hotel.

Drive replacement car back to UK.

YMMV. Does this work? So I have been told...

--
Sue

Paul

Jan 13, 2006, 4:22:49 PM1/13/06

"Cullen Skink" <newsg...@SOMETHINGFISHYukwebhost.com> wrote in message

Tesco were the cheapest for my first car a few years back, also try
Elephant.co.uk or Admiral Insurance as they are very good for young people
or people with no claims history, Not sure what their claims service will be
like though but hopefully you wont need to use it.

Paul

steeler

Jan 13, 2006, 9:48:53 PM1/13/06

"Palindr?me" <sb38...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

Those red and white mushrooms are not for eating!

steeler

Jan 13, 2006, 9:49:46 PM1/13/06

"Cullen Skink" <newsg...@SOMETHINGFISHYukwebhost.com> wrote in message

Used to be Norwich Union were good for young drivers. Use a comparison site
like confused.com and you should get some idea which companies are not for
you.

Tito

Jan 14, 2006, 6:00:28 AM1/14/06

I wouldn't bother going to confused.com or similar, they never get the
cheapest quotes for me. Direct Line was good for my first insurance, Egg
is not bad either.

Graeme

Jan 14, 2006, 3:12:37 PM1/14/06

"Cullen Skink" <newsg...@SOMETHINGFISHYukwebhost.com> wrote in message

I bought my first car just over 6 months ago, and Quinn Direct were a good
couple of hundred quid cheaper than any other quote I got.

http://www.quinn-direct.com/

HTH

Graeme