Re: What can Kerry do now?

Big Questions

Jun 12, 2004, 4:18:47 AM6/12/04
Eric <l...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<090620041451087702%l...@nospam.com>...
> Let's see, the major running planks were that Bush wasn't doing a good
> job at the economy and that the Iraq conflict was illegitimate. As the
> markets have gone up, the unemployment rate goes down, and the economy
> heats up, because of the tax cuts then that one is shot down.
>
> Now, Iraq has a soveriegn Iraqi chosen government that has publicly
> thanked America for its intervention and that government has been
> recognized as legitimate by the UN, including Germany, France and
> Russia. By June 30, the government handover will be complete. What can
> Kerry run on? His only support will be the ABB crowd.
>
> Oh, and RobBoy, I heard your man McCain on radio last night waxing
> eloquently about how he was fully on board with the Iraqi conflict. He
> said that this was a unique opportunity to bring democracy to the
> middle east, just as it was a unique opportunity to win the cold war in
> the 80's under Reagan. To make that happen, America, he said, "must
> stay the course."
>
> He also made it clear that there was no way that he was going to help
> the Hail Mary pass of the Dems and would not ever support their ticket.
> Guess whose lever he will pull in November?

He could renounce Skull and Bones and tell all of their secrets.

MANFRED the heat seeking OBOE

Jun 12, 2004, 12:11:13 PM6/12/04
In article (Big Questions) wrote:
>Eric wrote in message
>> Let's see, the major running planks ...
>
>He could renounce ...

JOHN KERRY is waiting for the right time to
wax indignant and show character by standing up and embracing
the guilty, desperate and deliberately evil in fullfillment of his indictments.

1. He will defend having a Hillbilly Hoot with CLINTON during the Reagan funeral

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040611/ids_photos_ts/r2323246920.jpg
A good place for another Hillbilly Hoot

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/politics/8902988.htm
The scene at the funeral of former President Reagan
..
A few feet away the irrepressible Clinton was being, well, Clinton.
..

2. He will dismiss the findings of the 911 commission
yet embrace depraved implications of Farenheit 911
rewarding the Clinton legacy with a senior position in his cabinet.

3. He will further capitalize on George Soros who will become an increasing liability to him,
the truest test of Greater Evil, being to destroy its maker, the inevitable will occur,
which is why he must Blame America First and he must convince the nation to
accept his unearned Guilt. He will destroy for the purpose of Destruction.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/100409.jpg

CLINTON is Great.
And JOHN KERRY is his Profit.

Nightwing

Jun 12, 2004, 1:36:05 PM6/12/04
He also made it clear that there was no way that he was going to help
the Hail Mary pass of the Dems and would not ever support their ticket.
Guess whose lever he will pull in November?

If you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush your're deluded..
Because McCain said he won't support Kerry doesn't mean he won't vote for
him. McCain doesn't want the VP job, but he has said Publically that me
might accept a cabinet position under Kerry. Lets be even more logical. Do
you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush (whom he hates) over Kerry
(who is a good friend).

"Big Questions" <bigquest...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Steve Dufour

Jun 14, 2004, 12:43:39 PM6/14/04
"Nightwing" <gf...@uggv.fr> wrote in message news:<cafen4$e5c$1...@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>...

> He also made it clear that there was no way that he was going to help
> the Hail Mary pass of the Dems and would not ever support their ticket.
> Guess whose lever he will pull in November?
>
> If you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush your're deluded..
> Because McCain said he won't support Kerry doesn't mean he won't vote for
> him. McCain doesn't want the VP job, but he has said Publically that me
> might accept a cabinet position under Kerry. Lets be even more logical. Do
> you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush (whom he hates) over Kerry
> (who is a good friend).

O.K. that's one vote for Kerry.

Buck

Jun 14, 2004, 1:57:47 PM6/14/04
PLONK!!

"Steve Dufour" <stevej...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Eric

Jun 14, 2004, 2:14:47 PM6/14/04
Steve, John McCain sat in the Hanoi Hilton listening to tapes of John
Kerry sit in front of the Congress calling American servicemen
criminals, and having the North Vietnamese tell him what a great friend
of North Vietnam John Kerry was, before they beat him and sent him back
to his cell to starve. If Nightwing thinks that John McCain would ever
think Kerry a friend, he is a nut case.

In article <744cc401.04061...@posting.google.com>, Steve

Don

Jun 14, 2004, 7:51:51 PM6/14/04
In article <140620041414478568%l...@nospam.com>, l...@nospam.com says...

>Steve, John McCain sat in the Hanoi Hilton listening to tapes of John
>Kerry sit in front of the Congress calling American servicemen
>criminals, and having the North Vietnamese tell him what a great friend
>of North Vietnam John Kerry was, before they beat him and sent him back
>to his cell to starve. If Nightwing thinks that John McCain would ever
>think Kerry a friend, he is a nut case.

Strange that you know what McCain was thinking in Hanoi.
Well, let's read what McCain said himself, from a right-wing newspaper:

June 30, 2003

Boston Herald
by Andy Miga

Washington -

GOP maverick Sen. John McCain, whose breezy straight-talking style ignited the
2000 White House race, predicts Sen. John Kerry could rekindle the same
campaign magic this time around.

``He certainly can,'' McCain (R-Ariz.) said in a telephone interview with the
Herald from Arizona.

``He's smart, he's tough and he's experienced. He has the capability.''

McCain, meanwhile, was skeptical that upstart Democrat Howard Dean, who
considers himself the McCain of the 2004 race, could ultimately show wide
political appeal.

``He is coming out of a kind of antiestablishment role that clearly resonates
with some voters,'' said McCain. ``But I don't know if that can play with the
broader electorate, the American public.''

Dean's appeal to hard-core liberals has undercut Kerry, particularly in New
Hampshire, the leadoff primary state that Kerry can't afford to lose.

McCain defended Kerry from Dean's recent attacks charging the Bay State
senator lacks ``courage'' on such issues as tax cuts, the war with Iraq and
education.

``I do not believe that's a fair criticism,'' said McCain. ``Governor Dean has
spent some time apologizing to people recently for some of the things he's
said.''

Kerry and McCain, both decorated Vietnam veterans, forged a friendship working
on the POW-MIA issue several years ago.

Asked if Kerry was the Democratic candidate most closely resembling him,
McCain demurred.

``I don't know,'' he said. ``He and I are very good personal friends, so my
objectivity is probably skewed.''

McCain said he would not be surprised if political foes and the press try to
pick apart or distort Kerry's combat record.

``Primaries are awful nasty,'' McCain said. ``But I would be surprised if
there's anything in John Kerry's military background that would hurt him.''

McCain was victimized by a vicious whispering campaign during the 2000 South
Carolina primary alleging he was brainwashed as a POW.

McCain also recalled a Senate hearing on POW-MIAs where a man accused him of
being a ``Manchurian Candidate'' manipulated by his Viet Cong captors.

``I was about to lose my temper,'' McCain recalled. ``I felt (Kerry's) hand on
my shoulder, and he said, `John, don't dignify it with a response.' He had a
cool head.' ''

Kerry wants to borrow a page from the political playbook of McCain, whose
war-hero status helped propel his underdog campaign in a string of early
presidential primary contests against George Bush.

``People will appreciate your service to the country,'' McCain said. ``It's a
good credential to have, but people want more.

``They want to know what you are going to do for them now.''

While painfully aware that Kerry lacks McCain's personal charisma, the Kerry
camp nonetheless is modeling much of its primary campaign after the Straight
Talk Express, McCain's novel presidential bid that featured guerrilla-style
tactics and populist rhetoric.

Other Democratic presidential hopefuls are also scrambling to inherit McCain's
campaign mantle.

Kerry calls McCain ``one of the joys of my service in the Senate.''

McCain's words of praise for Kerry, however, came with a caveat about gauging
the mood of voters as the 2004 presidential race unfolds.

The Arizona Republican said the popularity of such war books and films as
``The Greatest Generation'' and ``Saving Private Ryan'' lifted his campaign,
but he warned pop culture may have since shifted.

``It's hard to know what the atmosphere is out there, but I'm confident John
Kerry can connect with people in the same way,'' he said. ``We were fortunate
to have a volatile mixture that we put a match to.''

Eric

Jun 14, 2004, 10:25:09 PM6/14/04

In article <rSqzc.31962$2i5.18324@attbi_s52>, Don
<TAKE-OUT...@comcast.net> wrote:

> In article <140620041414478568%l...@nospam.com>, l...@nospam.com says...
> >
> >Steve, John McCain sat in the Hanoi Hilton listening to tapes of John
> >Kerry sit in front of the Congress calling American servicemen
> >criminals, and having the North Vietnamese tell him what a great friend
> >of North Vietnam John Kerry was, before they beat him and sent him back
> >to his cell to starve. If Nightwing thinks that John McCain would ever
> >think Kerry a friend, he is a nut case.
> >
> Strange that you know what McCain was thinking in Hanoi.

Nowhere in this statement did I say that I knew what Sen. McCain's
thought's were in Hanoi, only what his experience were and that he has
admirable self-control whenever he meets Kerry.

This article is an excellent example of that self-control.

Don

Jun 15, 2004, 12:38:50 PM6/15/04
Quote of McCain refering to Kerry:

"He and I are very good personal friends".

What part of ``He and I are very good personal friends." do you not
understand?

In article <140620042225091232%l...@nospam.com>, l...@nospam.com says...

>In article <rSqzc.31962$2i5.18324@attbi_s52>, Don
><TAKE-OUT...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <140620041414478568%l...@nospam.com>, l...@nospam.com says...

If Nightwing thinks that John McCain would ever
>> >think Kerry a friend, he is a nut case.

Eric

Jun 15, 2004, 1:39:48 PM6/15/04
What part of politics don't you understand?

In article <uCFzc.44957$0y.25624@attbi_s03>, Don

MANFRED the heat seeking OBOE

Jun 15, 2004, 1:36:54 PM6/15/04
In article (Don) wrote:
>Quote of McCain refering to Kerry:
>
>"He and I are very good personal friends".
>
>What part of
>``He and I are very good personal friends."
>do you not understand?

His portrait in the Vietnam's Communist Hero's Hall of Fame.
why aren't both of them prominently featured there?

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/100378.html

Kerry who willingly betrayed his nation.
McCain who later capitulated to a lesser enemy.

Buck

Jun 17, 2004, 3:12:53 AM6/17/04
PLONK!!

"Don" <TAKE-OUT...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Eric

Jun 18, 2004, 12:03:08 PM6/18/04
In article <cafen4$e5c$1...@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>, Nightwing
<gf...@uggv.fr> wrote:

> He also made it clear that there was no way that he was going to help
> the Hail Mary pass of the Dems and would not ever support their ticket.
> Guess whose lever he will pull in November?
>
> If you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush your're deluded..
> Because McCain said he won't support Kerry doesn't mean he won't vote for
> him. McCain doesn't want the VP job, but he has said Publically that me
> might accept a cabinet position under Kerry. Lets be even more logical. Do
> you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush (whom he hates) over Kerry
> (who is a good friend).

Oh, yeah. That's why Sen. McCain introduced President Bush speaking at
Fort Lewis today.

Eric Chomko

Jun 28, 2004, 1:11:09 PM6/28/04
MANFRED the heat seeking OBOE (ExPre...@au.revoir.gov) wrote:

: http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/100378.html

Betraying your nation is not the same as standing up to corrupt leaders
and a dumb war.

You might want to temper the right-wing jingoism a tad as it tends to show
your lack of IQ.

Eric

Eric Chomko

Jun 28, 2004, 1:15:06 PM6/28/04
: <gf...@uggv.fr> wrote:

: > He also made it clear that there was no way that he was going to help
: > the Hail Mary pass of the Dems and would not ever support their ticket.
: > Guess whose lever he will pull in November?
: >
: > If you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush your're deluded..
: > Because McCain said he won't support Kerry doesn't mean he won't vote for
: > him. McCain doesn't want the VP job, but he has said Publically that me
: > might accept a cabinet position under Kerry. Lets be even more logical. Do
: > you really think McCain is going to vote for Bush (whom he hates) over Kerry
: > (who is a good friend).
: >
: >
: >

: Oh, yeah. That's why Sen. McCain introduced President Bush speaking at
: Fort Lewis today.

THAT was politics. Two VietNam War vets become close personal friends even
though they are in opposite parties is more like friendship.

Eric

Eric

Jun 29, 2004, 5:13:17 AM6/29/04
In article <cbpjmq$1ejj$2...@news.ums.edu>, Eric Chomko
<echom...@polaris.umuc.edu> wrote:

Being tortured while listening to snippets of Kerry testifying to
Congress that you are a war criminal?

No, McCain's 'friendship' with Kerry is politics.

Eric Chomko

Jun 29, 2004, 12:28:38 PM6/29/04

: > Eric (l...@nospam.com) wrote:
: > : In article <cafen4$e5c$1...@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>, Nightwing
: > : <gf...@uggv.fr> wrote:
: >
: > : > He also made it clear that there was no way that he was going to help
: > : > the Hail Mary pass of the Dems and would not ever support their ticket.
: > : > Guess whose lever he will pull in November?
: > : >
[...]

No, if it were politics, then McCain, being a Republican, would have every
reason to be opposed to Kerry, being a Democrat. The fact that the party
differences have no influence on their stands regadring the VietNam War,
and they claim friendship anyway, it stands to reason that they are in
fact friends.

Put another way, what political gain does McCain get being friends with
Kerry? He would be better off taking a harsh stance toward Kerry
politically. He doesn't, therefore friends makes more sense.

Eric