Pelosi Censors Republicans

-

Jul 16, 2009, 11:03:34 AM7/16/09

http://www.gopusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61573

#1 07-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Terri
Administrator

Pelosi Censors Republicans

by Rep. John Carter
07/16/2009

Monday night Democrats voted to shut down the U.S. House Representatives
rather than allow a handful of Republican Congressmen to speak on the floor.
What could have been so offensive or frightening about our discourse that
Speaker Pelosi felt she had to protect her party by gagging free speech in the
House?

In fact, we had planned to speak on the lack of transparency of the House
since Democrats took control. We had planned to criticize Speaker Pelosi for
repeatedly denying Members, the media, and the public to right to read
legislation before it was voted on. We were set to discuss House Majority
Leader Steny Hoyer�s statement last week that if his Members were required to
read the Democrats� healthcare reform package before it was voted on, it would
fail.

More
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32718

__________________

Moving the Republican Party to the Right!

GOPUSA's National & State Headquarters for
Conservative Activists!

GOPUSA Mission Statement

#2 07-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Im4atbrka
GOPUSA Trivia Team

Re: Pelosi Censors Republicans

Pelosi makes me furious.

Republicans in Congress need to stage a protest against her and her democratic
ilk. She is violating the free speech amendment in the Constitution.

Their has to be a hard nose Republican to run against Pelosi in San Francisco.
__________________
GOPUSA's National Headquarters for Conservative Activists

#3 07-16-2009, 09:08 AM
ReneeCA.
Statesman

Re: Pelosi Censors Republicans

Just came back from San Francisco and from what I saw and heard, only 16% of
them voted for Mccain so that tells you a lot.

San Franciscans according to my cable car driver, are Union people and it is a
Union town with the most liberal Mayor in Gaven Newsom and they love him!

And as much as we would like to think EVERONE hates Obama and his agenda,
there are many who do like him although I would say they are a minority at
about 30% I would guess.

Republicans have got to stage a walk out or such already and not allow this
crap to go on unabated! Someone has to make a stand!

#4 07-16-2009, 09:32 AM
SewingSusie
Ambassador

Re: Pelosi Censors Republicans

Hate to say it, but the dem sheeple around here would be hollering "GOOD!!!"
They despise Conservatives that much.
__________________
Unique hand-crafted gifts and goodies
susiesbusyhands at yahoo dot com
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human
passions unbridled by morality and religion....Our Constitution was made only
for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of
any other."--John Adams

#5 07-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Terri
Administrator

Re: Pelosi Censors Republicans

I'm unclear on how a walkout would help.

Legislation is carried in the House by a simple majority.

The Dems can vote whether the Republicans are there or not.

Republicans can and should speak up just as Carter did here but there's very
little they can actually do until the voters decide to send reinforcements.

The press will not cover what they say. It can only be seen on their own
websites and on other conservatives Internet sites.
__________________

#6 07-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Centurion LIV
Senator

Re: Pelosi Censors Republicans

These fools give us the excuse, "We didn't have time to read it."

That means, "they should vote "no" unless the thing is written in the the
negative. No excuses. If they voted for it without reading it, then they are
just as guilty as the TB (pelosi) and Dingy harry.

The stuff that pelosi and reid are perpetrating on us is criminal.

Reid could be voted out soon. I don't see pelosi getting voted out at all.
Something about those San Fransickans, really messed up in the heads.

Ouroboros Rex

Jul 16, 2009, 11:31:14 AM7/16/09
- wrote:
> http://www.gopusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61573
>
> #1 07-16-2009, 07:14 AM
> Terri
> Administrator
>
> Pelosi Censors Republicans

> by Rep. John Carter
> 07/16/2009
>

> Monday night Democrats voted to shut down the U.S. House
> Representatives rather than allow a handful of Republican Congressmen
> to speak on the floor. What could have been so offensive or
> frightening about our discourse that Speaker Pelosi felt she had to
> protect her party by gagging free speech in the House?

What was so offensive when the republicans did it?