ExtraOrdinary Rendition For Herbalist Greg Caton - FDA, DOJ, Interpol, Big Pharma, Cancer

My Name

Dec 17, 2009, 1:36:58 PM12/17/09
NaturalNews.com printable article
Originally published December 16 2009
FDA dupes Interpol to achieve illegal kidnapping and
deportation of herbal formulator Greg Caton
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today
stands accused of taking part in the kidnapping and illegal
extradition of a permanent resident of Ecuador, in violation
of both international law and Ecuadorian law.

Greg Caton, owner and operator of Alpha Omega Labs
(www.AltCancer.com), an herbal products company that sells
anti-cancer herbal remedies made with Ecuadorian medicinal
herbs, was arrested at gunpoint at a road checkpoint in
Ecuador, then transported to an Ecuadorian holding facility
to await a hearing on December 14, 2009. Caton was expected
to be set free by the Ecuadorian judge at that hearing based
on the facts of the case which indicated Caton's permanent
residency in Ecuador is legal and valid.

Three days before the hearing could take place, Caton was
taken from his holding facility and, with the help of U.S.
State Department employees, involuntarily placed on an
American Airlines plane headed for Miami. An Ecuadorian
judge rushed to the airport in Guayaquil and demanded that
Caton be released from the plane, stating that the attempted
deportation was illegal, but American Airlines employees
reportedly refused to allow Caton to leave the plane,
stating that the plane was "U.S. territory" and that
Ecuadorian law did not apply there (even though the plane
was still on the tarmac in Guayaquil and under the direction
of the air traffic control tower there).

The plane then departed Guayaquil and continued its flight
to Miami where Greg Caton was held in a federal detention
facility to await trial in the U.S.

His crimes? Selling herbal medicine and daring to tell the
truth about those medicines on his website.

By the way, you can listen to my exclusive interview with
Cathryn Caton, who details these events in a downloadable
MP3 audio file. Find the file here:
http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Po...
http://www.naturalnews.com/podcasts/Greg-Caton-FDA.mp3

FDA vs. Greg Caton
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has, for many years,
pursued Caton, accusing him of selling "unapproved drugs" --
herbal medicines that have never been, and will never be,
approved by the FDA to treat anything. He was convicted of
these crimes in 2003 and served 33 months in federal prison.

After serving his term, Caton was on probation for another
three years. As Greg Caton's wife explained to me in an
exclusive interview, eighteen months into that probation,
Caton received word that a "rogue FDA agent" named John
Armand was intimidating his ex-employees in an attempt to
convince them to testify against Caton in order to have him
convicted of further charges that would lead to more prison time.

After submitting a request to his presiding judge to ask
that the remainder of his probation be excused, Caton moved
to Ecuador and acquired permanent residency there, in part
to escape persecution by what he saw as a rogue FDA agent
violating the law in an effort to see Caton prosecuted yet again.

As you'll see below, this fear was not unfounded.

Selling anti-cancer herbs is no crime in Ecuador
In Ecuador, by the way, selling herbs and accurately
describing their medicinal properties is not a crime.
It's common sense.

Every pharmacy, health food store, shaman and medicine man
openly talks about the anti-cancer properties of various
herbs. No one goes to prison for selling medicinal herbs in
Ecuador -- the very idea seems silly. Why would any nation
want to lock up its healers?

So the "crimes" for which Caton was convicted in the USA
aren't even considered crimes in more medicinally
enlightened countries such as Ecuador. There, people like
Caton are considered valuable members of society.

Back in the U.S., the only real crime Caton was now guilty
of was failing to serve his last 18 months of probation. But
even that probation sentence was based on the false crime of
Caton selling medicinal herbs while accurately describing
their health-related properties. In other words, if not for
the FDA's persecution of all herbalists who sell anti-cancer
herbs, Caton would never have had jail time nor probation to
begin with.

The FDA invokes Interpol
When the FDA realized Caton had moved to Ecuador, they went
to work to try to have Caton arrested internationally. In
order to accomplish this, they needed to have Caton listed
as a wanted fugitive with Interpol, the international police
database headquartered in Lyon, France.

Interpol is normally reserved for listing serious criminals:
Murderers, rapists, terrorists, international money
launderers, war criminals and the like. NaturalNews
contacted Interpol to inquire as to how Gregory Caton, an
herbal formulator violating nothing more than probation,
could have been listed with Interpol as a wanted
international fugitive with a so-called "Red Notice" --
Interpol's highest alert level. This is the kind of alert level
someone like Osama Bin Laden might normally merit with Interpol.

We were told by the U.S. Interpol office (under the DOJ),
"those individuals placed on a Most Wanted List are the ones
who have allegedly committed the most heinous of crimes for
a very long period of time."

In other words, the Interpol "Red Notice" designation --
which was applied to Greg Caton's listing -- is never
applied to people who merely skip probation. The Greg Caton
listing with Interpol, NaturalNews learned, was off
protocol. Someone, it seemed, had managed to exploit the DOJ
/ Interpol system to get Caton listed as an international
fugitive when he was merely guilty of skipping out on the
last 18 months of his probation.

Exaggerating the information with Interpol
To make the Interpol listing sound more serious, paperwork
was submitted to Interpol decision makers that listed
Caton's offenses as "drugs related crimes, fraud."

This implies that Caton was engaged in some sort of serious
drug operation: Drug smuggling, perhaps, or drug dealing. In
reality, his only crime was selling medicinal herbs that the
FDA mislabels "drugs" in its own bizarre regulatory language
-- the same language that calls cherries "drugs" if they are
sold alongside any words describing their benefits for
relieving arthritis pain and inflammation.

To the FDA, even a bottle of water can be considered a
"drug" if it's sold with the claim that it prevents
dehydration, a medical condition.

The obvious question in all this, then, is: Who could have
managed to exploit the Interpol system and get Greg Caton
listed as an international fugitive?

Clues lead back to the FDA's Office of Criminal
Investigation
The clue comes right from the Interpol listing itself, where
it describes the origin of the "arrest warrant" as
Lafayette, Louisiana. You can see the Interpol listing here:
http://www.interpol.int/public/data...
http://www.interpol.int/public/data/wanted/notices/data/2008/11/2008_30611.asp

Lafayette, Louisiana is the former operating base of FDA
criminal investigations officer John Armand, the agent who
went after Caton in 1999 and who managed to get him
convicted of a felony crime (selling medicinal herbs) in 2003.

NaturalNews attempted to contact John Armand to get his
comments for this story. I called the FDA office in
Lafayette, Louisiana, identified myself as a reporter for
NaturalNews, and asked to speak with agent John Armand. I
was told he had been relocated to Florida and could now be
reached out of the Jacksonville office.

I called the FDA's Jacksonville office, identified myself
and asked to speak with agent John Armand for his comments
on this story. I was told that I must first speak to a
"press officer" of the FDA, as only a press officer could
offer public comment. The next day, I was able to reach FDA
press officer Mike Kelly whose reply mirrors FDA official
policy: "No comment."

The FDA, he explained, never comments on any "ongoing
investigation." In all, I placed five phone calls to various
offices of the FDA, each time asking to speak with John
Armand to get his side of this story. In every case, I was
stonewalled and either told to talk to someone else or given
the "no comment" reply.

Recap
Just to make sure you're following the twisted details of
this story, here's a quick recap:

Greg Caton, a U.S. citizen and legal Ecuadorian permanent
resident operating a legal Ecuadorian business selling
medicinal herbs to customers around the world, was arrested
at a road checkpoint in Ecuador. A few days later, against
the demands of an Ecuadorian judge, he was involuntarily
placed onto an American Airlines commercial jet where he was
flown to Miami and put in a federal holding facility.

As Cathryn Caton told me in a recent interview
(http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Po...),
http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Podcasts.html "I blame American
Airlines as much as I do the U.S. To me, they are part of
this illegal kidnapping... to me it's a terrorist act. They
helped and cooperated with illegally kidnapping my husband
and flying him to the U.S. They were told repeatedly by this
Ecuadorian federal judge that he is not to leave the
country, and they cooperated with these U.S. officials to
illegally remove Greg from the country, against Ecuadorian
court order."

His arrest in Ecuador was made possible by the "Red Notice"
listing with Interpol. That listing was submitted through
the United States National Central Bureau (USNCB), under the
DOJ (Department of Justice), and it was submitted to the
USNCB by the FDA. Within the FDA, the source for the listing
was the Lafayette office, where agent John Armand operated.

The "Red Notice" listing, however, was off-protocol because
Greg Caton was only guilty of skipping out on probation, not
engaging in the kind of "heinous crimes" normally required
to achieve a Red Notice listing with Interpol, which is
normally reserved for terrorists, mass murderers and war criminals.

The Interpol listing was the key to getting Greg Caton
arrested and illegally deported from Ecuador, without the
U.S. engaging in any sort of formal extradition process as
required by international law. In essence, the United States
of America kidnapped Greg Caton, denied him his civil
liberties under Ecuadorian law (and even perhaps under U.S.
law), and illegally transported him out of Ecuador against
the demands of an Ecuadorian judge.

This entire charade was masterminded by the U.S. Food and
Drug Administration, which managed to trick Interpol into
flagging Caton with a "Red Notice" status even though his
only outstanding crime was skipping out on probation to go
seek a life of peace in a nation that welcomed his medicines
instead of criminalizing them.

Does Cansema work?
Greg Caton's top-selling anti-cancer formulation is called
Cansema, and it is sold by Alpha Omega Labs as an effective
herbal treatment for topical cancers. If you have skin
cancer of any kind, I encourage you to learn about Cansema
and how it has eliminated cancers in many people. Even
though Greg is now imprisoned in the U.S., Alpha Omega Labs
is still open for business, and you can purchase Cansema
online right now at www.AltCancer.com (note: NaturalNews has
no financial relationship whatsoever with Alpha Omega Labs
or Greg Caton).

Behind all the accusations, prosecutions and legal
entanglements, the real question in all this seems to have
been entirely avoided by U.S. health authorities. That
question is, of course, does Cansema work? Does it really
eliminate topical cancers?

If it works, then why all the criminal accusations against
Greg Caton in the first place? Why the absurd labeling of
his herbal products as "unapproved drugs" when even Caton
himself doesn't call them drugs? He simply (and accurately)
describes them as medicinal herbs, which is what they are. I
find it fascinating that if I place a bottle of Cansema in
my pocket when I board a plane in Ecuador, it's just
"herbs," but when I exit the plane in Miami, suddenly those
herbs have been transformed into "unapproved drugs" by the
regulatory language police who operate in the U.S. much like
the Ministry of Truth from George Orwell's novel 1984.

Regardless of what the product is called, the FDA isn't at
all interested in whether Cansema actually works. The mere
fact that the herbs were sold as a natural cancer treatment
without FDA approval is enough to have Caton condemned as an
international criminal. But in taking this stance, the FDA
misses out on the thousands of satisfied customers who have
successfully used Cansema to cure their own cancers.

Case in point: Dr. Brian O'Leary, a former NASA astronaut
who has published over 100 scientific papers in peer-
reviewed science literature
(http://www.brianoleary.info/about.html). Dr. O'Leary is a
customer of Greg Caton's. When he heard about Caton's
illegal arrest and deportation from Ecuador, he issued this
passionate statement:

Statement from Dr. Brian O'Leary
Greg Caton is a friend of mine and an extraordinary healer.
I was shocked to hear about his kidnapping and illegal
deportation to the U.S., regardless of perceptions of his
legal status within the U.S., something I understand to be a
mild violation at most. He is a legal resident of Ecuador
and conducts a legal alternative health product [company]
here. I thoroughly support his work in healing untold
thousands of people of cancer and other serious diseases.

My own healing happened when Greg arrived at our home two
years ago with his product Cansema. I had just been
diagnosed with basal cell skin cancer after a biopsy had
been taken from a very large and deep lesion on my back. I
was scheduled for surgery the following week. I cancelled
the surgery and applied the Cansema (a black salve
consisting of a mixture of herbs and a bit of zinc
chloride), and, in 3-4 weeks, a black scab formed that
subsequently fell off. After three applications of the salve
over 2-3 months, the cancer disappeared, leaving only a
slight discoloration where the cancer had been.

An examination by a dermatologist at the St. Agustin clinic
in Loja, Ecuador, showed that the cancer was completely
gone. No new lesions have formed anywhere on my body, and
diagnostic blood tests for any systemic cancers recently
showed negatives, i.e., no cancer in my body.

On the larger issue of the suppression of alternative
possibilities in the health, environmental and technology
fields, we see a pattern emerging that the true geniuses of
innovation are all too often violently suppressed by
authorities who illegally, unethically and immorally punish
these true pioneers of our time -- solely because of
powerful vested interests that are far less effective in
solving the problems presented.

This is an outrage, and I ask that, if justice has any
meaning left, that Greg be released immediately from his
current detention and flown back to his residence in
Ecuador. This plea represents one of many coming from those
of us who strongly feel that justice can only be served by
supporting rather than condemning those of us willing and
able to move humanity into a new paradigm of healing and
sustainability.

If Mr. Caton is not immediately returned, and those who
illegally bribed, kidnapped, deported and detained him are
not held accountable, then many of us will need to take this
issue to its next level for public airing.

- Brian O'Leary, Ph.D., former U.S. astronaut

Why healing is a crime in America
As these events clearly demonstrate, selling products that
actually help people heal is a crime in America. There's a
wonderful book on the topic, in fact, by author Kenny
Ausubel, entitled, When Healing Becomes A Crime
(http://www.amazon.com/When-Healing-...)
http://www.amazon.com/When-Healing-Becomes-Crime-Alternative/dp/0892819251

If you take a chance to read this book, you will discover
that the kind of lawless tyranny, oppression and
intimidation that has just been demonstrated against Greg
Caton is nothing new for U.S. health authorities. Similarly
unscrupulous activities were being undertaken by the AMA in
the first half of the 20th century in a desperate attempt to
destroy the credibility (and livelihood) of Harry Hoxsey, a
man who also manufactured and sold topical anti-cancer salves.

To this day, intimidation campaigns continue against
companies selling anti-cancer remedies. It happens so often
that one day when I was walking along the sidewalk in Boca
Raton, I met a couple who, when they realized who I was,
told me they had been forced to flee the United States to
pursue their anti-cancer stem cell work in another country.

Mexico, the Bahamas, Central and South America are all full
of expat scientists, alternative medicine doctors,
herbalists and naturopaths who have been forced to flee the
USA or face imprisonment for their "crimes" of treating
cancer with things other than FDA-sanctioned chemotherapy,
radiation or surgery. This is why Americans have virtually
no access to cancer clinics that offer real hope for
healing. Instead, the American population is relegated to
suffering the toxic side effects of chemotherapy and
radiation under the "guidance" of nutritionally-ignorant
oncologists who are poor doctors, but excellent followers of
the FDA regime.

What Greg Caton's illegal arrest and deportation really
represent is the ongoing war of tyranny against healers
that's still pursued by the FDA and its "secret police"
Office of Criminal Investigations (OCI).

This OCI, it turns out, operates with no oversight and no
respect for the law of any land. Its employees and
contractors openly engage in the intimidation of individuals
engaged in the selling of natural products, routinely
threatening them with imprisonment, armed raids, the seizure
of their products and criminal prosecutions. Even Dr. Andrew
Weil was recently threatened in this manner by the FDA.
(http://www.naturalnews.com/027303_t...)
http://www.naturalnews.com/027303_the_FTC_America_vaccines.html

But NaturalNews asks the question: Who does the OCI answer to?

The answer is no one. There is no Congressional oversight,
no judicial oversight and no civil rights protections for
individuals targeted by the FDA's OCI. The U.S. Constitution
and its Bill of Rights -- which are supposed to guarantee
freedom of speech for herbalists as well as everyone else --
are thrown out the window by the OCI. Once you are targeted
by the OCI, you have no rights to free speech. You are
considered an enemy of the state and can find yourself
listed on Interpol alongside terrorists and war criminals
even though your only crime might be selling herbal creams
to natural health consumers.

The FDA claims its OCI office helps protect the American
people from unscrupulous quacks and charlatans. Certainly,
there is a role for that function in any society, as many
companies will inevitably try to cheat the public by selling
health-related products that don't work (Tamiflu comes to
mind, incidentally). But do we really need to be protected
from an herbal product that works? How is Greg Caton's
selling of herbal medicine harming anyone at all? His
product really works, and if the FDA was interested in what
works, you would think they might be interested in embracing
herbalists instead of criminalizing them.

Anti-cancer herbs are common knowledge in Ecuador
That all this is going on in the USA is considered quite
bizarre to locals in Ecuador, by the way. They are
astonished at the idea that the United States of America
would take a tax-paying, economy-boosting business person
selling medicinal herbs and throw them in prison as
criminals where the state must now foot the bill with
taxpayer dollars. It

Keep in mind that Greg Caton was operating a perfectly legal
business in Ecuador, with all necessary licensing, taxes and
regulatory requirements. He was purchasing herbs from
farmers, Shamans and land owners, then reformulating those
herbs into long-proven anti-cancer remedies that were then
sold to customers all over the world. He was breaking no
laws in Ecuador, and in fact, he was contributing to the
Ecuadorian economy by boosting exports and buying bulk herbs
from all over Ecuador. Caton was a huge economic asset to
the nation of Ecuador.

But he was a huge liability to the U.S. cancer industry
which continues to base its business model on the
intimidation and criminalization of anyone who offers cancer
solutions outside the realm of pharmaceuticals, radiation
and surgery. The cancer industry's enforcement arm is the
Food and Drug Administration, a dubious agency that follows
no law (literally, there are no laws limiting the actions of
the FDA) and operates with virtually no oversight
whatsoever. Essentially, the FDA operates like the mob,
respecting no law while using tactics of intimidation to
assert its power and authority over others.

The failure of Interpol
Interpol, for its part, is already shrouded in corruption
controversy. It's top chief now stands accused of
maintaining links to organized crime, accepting bribes, and
maintaining a relationship with a convicted smuggler of real
drugs (not herbal medicines) -- a man named Glen Agliotti.
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8...)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8290234.stm

NaturalNews has learned that Interpol is routinely abused by
profit-seekers in India, who use India's arcane "dowry laws"
to label innocent spouses as international fugitives in
order to blackmail them for payoff money. Interpol has
openly participated in this blackmail scam for many years,
allowing its website to be used as a point of leverage for
"dowry scammers" (http://www.merinews.com/article/abu...)
http://www.merinews.com/article/abuse-of-498a-interpol-notices-ends/15767016.shtml

We also found complaints about the abuse of Interpol by
corporations in Dubai that are using the flimsy judicial
system there to blame foreigners for corporate embezzlement
when, in reality, people in Dubai are walking away with the
cash. (http://detainedindubai.org/Detained...)
http://detainedindubai.org/Detained_In_Dubai/Dubai_Interpol_Abuse.html

In fact, if you begin to dig into this story, you'll find
that Interpol is frequently used by scammers to red-flag
innocent victims, so it's not much of a surprise to learn
that the FDA rigged Interpol to list Greg Caton as a
criminal mastermind in order to have him arrested, kidnapped
and illegally deported to the United States.

Certainly, Interpol has some useful function in the world,
as the sharing of police intelligence about truly dangerous,
violent criminals seems a worthy goal. But when the system
is used to destroy the lives of innocent victims who are
guilty of no such heinous crimes, it becomes a tool of the
destruction of human rights. Rather than protecting the
innocent, in this case Interpol was used by the FDA to
persecute the innocent. And that speaks strongly about the
lack of credibility at Interpol. Its "Red Notice" listings
apparently carry no more credibility than a plastic police
badge found in a box of Cracker Jack.

About the term "kidnapping"
Some may question my use of the term "kidnapping" to describe
the illegal arrest and deportation of Greg Caton from Ecuador.
But if you carefully examine the definition of the word,
you'll find it applies quite precisely to this situation:

Kidnapping: To abduct by force or fraud.
(Random House Dictionary)

As in, to involuntarily remove someone from their own home
or property, with the threat of force (firearms), without
the due process of law.

The United States of America, under this definition, is
guilty of kidnapping an Ecuadorian resident. In no way did
the USA engage in any legal extradition processes, nor did
the USA even acknowledge any Ecuadorian law. Greg Caton was
simply hauled away without a fair hearing and without any
opportunity to defend himself against the charges being
leveled against him.

This is not merely a violation of Greg Caton's civil rights,
it is a violation of international law.

Action items: What you can do right now
You have the power to help rights these wrong and bring the
FDA's actions in this matter to light.

As the editor of NaturalNews, I urge you to forward this
story to your Senators and Congressional representatives.
Someone please also make sure this story gets into the hands
of Sen. Charles Grassley.

Protest this action with your elected representatives. In
your own words, tell them why you think this kidnapping of
Greg Caton is a great injustice that needs to be corrected.
Ask them to investigate the FDA's Office of Criminal
Investigations and determine how it is that FDA agents are
able to exploit Interpol listings to achieve the illegal
kidnapping and deportation of U.S. citizens living abroad.

Call, fax or write your representatives today:

Contact information for the U.S. Senate:
http://www.senate.gov/general/conta...
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Contact information for the U.S. House of Representatives:
Call (202)225-3121 for the switchboard operator, or visit:
http://writerep.house.gov/writerep/...
http://writerep.house.gov/writerep/wyrfaqs.shtml

Contact information for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration:
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaPr...
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ConsumerComplaintCoordinators/default.htm

Contact information to file a complaint with the U.S. Dept. of Justice:
http://www.justice.gov/crt/split/co...
http://www.justice.gov/crt/split/complaints.php
(Choose the option to file a complaint about a law
enforcement agency, then file your complaint about the FDA OCI.)

Report fraud or abuse of Interpol's name (which is
essentially what the FDA has done in this case):
http://www.interpol.int/public/mail...
http://www.interpol.int/public/mail/mail3.asp?id=distsig

Why this truth must be told
People will ask me, upon this publication of this story, why
I'm willing to speak out against the FDA, the DOJ and
Interpol.

Actually, I have nothing against any of these organizations
as long as they serve the People rather than the interests
of domineering corporations. The FDA, DOJ and Interpol all
have an important place in a just society -- but only if
they stick to their original charter and use their resources
to serve the greater good.

What this story on NaturalNews reveals is that each of these
organizations has, in one way or another, been hijacked by
corporate interests in order to suppress the actions of one
individual whose products threaten the profits of the
pharmaceutical industry. In essence, Interpol has now been
used to enforce the profit aims of Big Pharma, and that's
not what Interpol is supposed to be used for. It's supposed
to be about protecting the innocent, not allowing itself to
be subjugated by Big Business (because, of course, the
pharmaceutical industry virtually runs the FDA these days).

When Big Business runs the regulatory offices, the criminal
investigation offices and the police organizations, the
world is no longer safe for anyone who threatens the status
quo. When the police intelligence community is used as law
enforcement puppets by the corporate puppet masters, anyone
who acts in competition with the established profit centers
of corporate America (and cancer is a huge profit center) is
immediately targeted for criminalization, prosecution and
incarceration.

These are not the traits of a free society. They are not the
actions of a justice system. They aren't even what you would
expect to find in a western nation that claims to operate
under a free market enterprise system. And yet this is
exactly what we are seeing in the United States of America
today, where this nation of regulatory tyrants is now openly
engaged in the international kidnapping of innocents who
have, for understandable reasons, chosen to reside in
countries that do not consider herbalists to be criminals.

Free Greg Caton.

P.S. Listen to the audio interview with Cathryn Caton. It's
a free MP3 download that's commercial free and DRM-free:
http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Po...Share
http://www.naturalnews.com/podcasts/Greg-Caton-FDA.mp3

All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and
is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes
sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells
no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation
of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational
and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as
professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth
Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse
of this material. For the full terms of usage of this
material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml

http://www.naturalnews.com/z027750_Greg_Caton_FDA.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/027750_Greg_Caton_FDA.html
http://www.infowars.com/fda-kidnaps-and-deports-herbalist-greg-caton/
--
A government, of Israel, by Israel, and, for: Israel.
But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: