Message from Hal Turner

1 view

Anonymous

Jun 29, 2009, 8:55:24 AM6/29/09
Read his eloquent message below. He is a good man who deserves our support.

Hey, folks! It's Hal Turner. It's Sunday, June 28, 2009. This is
probably the last communication I�m going to be able to make from the
Essex County Jail here in Newark, NJ.

I've been jailed in Protective Custody on account of the U.S. Marshals
because I'm the only non-Hispanic White guy in the prison. So, they
figured it'd be better if they put me here; and what that means is: for
the last five or six days, I have been in a cell, alone, for 23 out of
24 hours a day. During the hour that I�m allowed to come out, I can take
a shower or I get to walk up and down a 50-foot long by 8-foot wide
hallway. Some of the other people that are in the other cells seem
pretty decent, but only one person is allowed out at a time. So, when
I�m out, they're all locked in their cells and vice versa. This has been
a very difficult thing. It's been very isolating, and very degrading.

If all goes well, I should be out on bail Monday or Tuesday. A lot of
folks are working real hard to get me out of here. We need to raise
money. We need to raise $20,000 to pay for a $200,000 bail bond. It's
going to cost me 5,000 dollars to hire a lawyer for this Federal charge
in Chicago.

There's a lot of support out there, both within the legal community
(other lawyers contacting my lawyer, Michael Orozco) and constitutional
scholars who seem to feel that the federal government grossly
overstepped itself. We're probably going to win. But, in order to even
engage in this fight, we're going to have to raise 25,000 dollars.

I know this is not your problem. I'm the one they arrested. I'm the one
they charged. But the implications of this case apply to you. If you
have a blog, a myspace page, a facebook page, a twitter page and you say
something in your home state on your webpage that someone in another
state doesn't like...If I lose my case, those people in those other
states will get to haul you into court in their state for pissing them off.

For those of you who aren't sure of what happened, on June 2nd and 3rd,
I wrote my opinion of a Federal Appellate Court ruling from the 7th
Circuit in Chicago; and in my opinion I talked about three specific
judges who I will not mention now. I quoted Thomas Jefferson, the man
who wrote the Declaration of Independence. I talked about the "Tree of
Liberty" having to be �replenished� from time to time with the blood of
tyrants and patriots.

Well, the U.S. Attorney in Chicago feels that quoting Thomas Jefferson
was a death threat. I know it's ridiculous. You know it's ridiculous.
But he's got the power, and I�m in jail. So that�s the crux of the case;
and that's what we have to fight.

So, if you guys are willing to stand up for my free speech, my case can
stand up for your free speech. I'm asking you to throw $5, $10, $20 in
an envelope--50 or 100 if you can...some of you have sent $500 and I�m
very grateful. You can send cash, check, or money order to Phyllis
Turner, 1906 Paterson Plank Road, North Bergen, NJ 07047-1900.

It appeared to me the other day that my wife would not use the house to
bail me out. But it turns out the lawyer told her that when a wife uses
the house to bail out her spouse, if the spouse is convicted, the
government can seize the house for the fine! So I'd be in jail and my
wife and kid would be homeless! We don't want to have that happen,
right? It probably won't; but we don't want to have that happen. That's
why she wouldn't put the house up. She's a good, smart girl for doing
that and I love her to pieces.

As a part of the arrangement to get me bailed out, I have to shut off
the Turner Radio Network Web Server and I have to stop doing the Hal
Turner Show. I also can't be on the internet, on the radio, or any of
that stuff. Maybe, at some point in the future, we'll be able to modify
these terms; but for now, the stuff all has to get shut off.

So, my mom has established a Blogspot. The address of the blogspot is
http://family-of-hal-turner.blogspot.com.

If you want to send my mom an email, send it to
family.of....@gmail.com.

Basically, I'm not going to be able to be out in the public eye anymore.
I�m not going to be able to talk to you via email because I don't have
internet access. I'm also not going to be able to do interviews with the
media. This is probably the last message you're going to hear from me.
You're going to have to do any communications about this with my mom.

The address of the Blogspot again is
http://family-of-hal-turner.blogspot.com and the email address is
family.of....@gmail.com. Again, my mailing address for donations
is 1906 Paterson Plank Rd., North Bergen, NJ 07047-1900. Checks and
money orders should be made out to my wife, Phyllis.

Folks, this fight is not just about me. I know it's my problem; but this
is about protecting all of our freedom of speech. We never thought we'd
see the day where an American would be thrown in jail for uttering an
opinion. Here we are, June, 2009. That has happened. I am the American
who has been thrown in jail for uttering my opinion.

We have got to defeat this case to preserve ALL of our freedom of
speech! You can help. If you can't send money, duplicate this message
and post it anywhere you can. Getting the word out will build support
for this thing; and, together, we can defeat this terrible situation
that's going to deprive all of us of our freedom of speech.

Hopefully, I�ll be bailed out on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your support!

Kenneth McVay OBC

Jun 29, 2009, 12:08:26 PM6/29/09
In article <d40223bfc948e7c1...@remailer.paranoici.org>,

Anonymous coward <nob...@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>Read his eloquent message below. He is a good man who deserves our support.

I support Mr. Turner's right to go to prison for
threatening the lives of judges.

--
Has Edmonton's William Grosvenor obeyed the Court's
orders yet, and paid the $50,000 in damages and