KLEIN'S SPORTING GOODS BOUGHT MORE THAN ONE 6.5 ITALIAN RIFLE WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER C2766

Gil Jesus

Jul 30, 2010, 8:11:21 AM7/30/10
In volume 11, page 205 of the Warren Commission Hearings, Louis
Feldsott, president of Crescent Firearms, in a sworn affidavit to the
Commission, claimed that he was contacted by the FBI on the evening of
November 22, 1963. They requested that he check his files to see if he
had any records concerning the sale of an Italian-made 6.5 mm. rifle
with the serial number C2766. When he checked, he found that he had
records indicating the rifle was sold to Klein's Sporting Goods on
June 18, 1962. This information of the 6.5 rifle with the serial
number C2766, he said, was conveyed to the FBI on the evening of
November 22, 1963 and all records of the purchase, sale and
transportation of the weapon were given to the FBI.
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh11/html/WC_Vol11_0108a.htm

In their tracing of the shipping records of the C 2766 rifle, however,
the FBI makes no mention of the June 1962 sale. They cite, instead,
the February, 1963 sale of 100 rifles from the same dealer, Crescent
Firearms, to Klein's. In that shipment is a list of the rifles' serial
numbers. Included in the list is a 6.5 rifle serial number C 2766.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0361b.htm

But thanks to the affidavit of Louis Feldsott, we have evidence that
Klein's bought two C 2766 rifles from Crescent Firearms: one in June
1962 and the other in February 1963.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jul 30, 2010, 7:40:23 PM7/30/10

>>> "But thanks to the affidavit of Louis Feldsott, we have evidence that Klein's bought two C 2766 rifles from Crescent Firearms: one in June 1962 and the other in February 1963." <<<

If that was the case (which it obviously isn't), then I wonder why
Louis Feldsott didn't ALSO report to the Warren Commission about
having sold Klein's a SECOND rifle with the serial number C2766?

Did Feldsott stop looking?

Since all reasonable people know, of course, that there is only ONE
MANNLICHER-CARCANO RIFLE that was ever stamped with the unique serial
number of C2766, then we must conclude that Feldsott was incorrect
about the date of the shipment of the C2766 rifle to Klein's. It
wasn't June of 1962; it was February of 1963 (per the verified records
we can currently find in Warren Commission Volume 21).

For all their efforts and silliness, the conspiracy theorists who are
desperate to take the JFK murder weapon out of Lee Harvey Oswald's
hands still have failed to come up with any proof that ANY TWO Carcano
rifles were ever stamped with the exact same serial number--C2766 or
any other number.

You'd think after searching for all these years for a duplicate
"C2766" MC, the CTers might be able to show the world one of these
duplicate guns (especially since mega-kook Thomas H. Purvis once
claimed that there might be somewhere between 40 and 50 MC rifles with
the same C2766 number on them)!

And yet, to date, not a single C2766 has surfaced--except Commission
Exhibit No. 139.

But even if 100 additional Carcano rifles were discovered tomorrow
with the same C2766 serial number on them -- who cares? So what?

Would the discovery of several more "C2766" MC rifles suddenly make
Oswald's C2766 rifle CEASE BEING THE WEAPON THAT KILLED PRESIDENT
KENNEDY? Of course it wouldn't; and that's because Oswald's C2766 gun
(CE139) has unique barrel rifling marks that set it apart from all
other rifles--including any other MC rifles that the kooks think are
also stamped with the serial number C2766.

So, in reality, the argument that CTers continue to dredge up
regarding potential duplicate C2766 serial numbers is a worthless
argument in the first place. Because the "C2766" gun that was found on
the sixth floor of the TSBD (with OSWALD'S prints on it) is the one
and only gun that killed JFK.