NEW JFK FILMS AT THE SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM

1 view

David Von Pein

Nov 10, 2008, 7:08:01 AM11/10/08

THREE NEW FILMS AT "THE SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM AT DEALEY PLAZA":

THE ADAM PEIPERL FILM:

www.jfk.org/go/collections/item-detail?fedoraid=sfm:2008.007

Overview of this film:

Photographer and sculptor Adam Peiperl, using his 8mm movie camera,
filmed president-elect Kennedy, surrounded by reporters and Secret
Service, leaving his Georgetown home a few days after the 1960
election. On Friday, January 20, 1961, Peiperl filmed his TV screen
and captured excerpts of Kennedy's inauguration. Many dignitaries can
be seen including Dwight Eisenhower, Robert Kennedy, Adlai Stevenson,
Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, Jacqueline Kennedy, Lady
Bird Johnson, Sam Rayburn, Earl Warren, Marian Anderson, and Robert
Frost.

===============================

THE SCHMIDT FILM:

www.jfk.org/go/collections/item-detail?fedoraid=sfm:2008.008

Overview of this film:

A German immigrant, whose last name was Schmidt, filmed candidate
Kennedy at the Crestwood Plaza Shopping Center near St. Louis in
Crestwood, Missouri. Senator Kennedy's campaign stop on October 22,
1960 included these remarks: "We are here in this state, in the
heartland of the United States, a state which has produced in the last
15 years a great president. (applause) About two weeks ago, Mr. Nixon
thought that he would dismiss me by calling me, 'He is just another
Truman.' I said I regarded that as a compliment because he was just
another Dewey. (applause) And after we had exchanged those remarks, I
never heard that statement from him again. (laughter)" A close-up
repeat of the 16mm Schmidt film is included.

===============================

THE GEORGE CHRISTIAN FILM:

www.jfk.org/go/collections/item-detail?fedoraid=sfm:2008.016

Overview of this film:

Dr. George Christian's 8mm home movie shows the White House and
Treasury Department buildings on November 25, 1963, the day of
President Kennedy's funeral. Then, on Pennsylvania Avenue near what is
now Freedom Park, Christian caught the funeral cortege as it proceeded
to Arlington National Cemetery. Near the front of the funeral cortege,
behind the president's casket, came the symbolic "riderless horse,"
Black Jack, followed by members of the Kennedy family. Similar scenes
appeared on live TV, but only as black & white images.

[The films and the above descriptions come from the website of The
Sixth Floor Museum At Dealey Plaza -- www.jfk.org]

aeffects

Nov 10, 2008, 12:59:07 PM11/10/08
no free advertising, troll.....