"Reclaiming History" Is Nominated For A 2008 "Edgar Award"

1 view

David Von Pein

Jan 19, 2008, 9:38:29 AM1/19/08
Vincent Bugliosi's magnificent 2007 JFK book, "Reclaiming History: The
Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy", has been nominated for an
"Edgar Award".

The "Edgar Awards" are presented by "Mystery Writers of
America" (based in New York City).

"Reclaiming History" was nominated as one of the top five books
published in 2007 in the category of "Fact Crime".

More info.....

www.theedgars.com/nominees2.html#fact

www.mysterywriters.org

www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/3200858-post.html

Gil Jesus

Jan 19, 2008, 9:40:51 AM1/19/08

oooooooooo............ that means you win, huh ?

YoHarvey

Jan 19, 2008, 9:46:53 AM1/19/08
> oooooooooo............ that means you win, huh ?- Hide quoted text -

What does a LOSER like resident pathological lying homphobic racist
Gil Jesus know about WINNING? He's been a LOSER his entire life.
Simply read his postings :-)

Pass on kudos to VB David!

David Von Pein

Jan 19, 2008, 10:14:30 AM1/19/08
Vincent Bugliosi's magnificent 2007 JFK book, "Reclaiming History: The
Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy", has been nominated for an
"Edgar Allan Poe Award".

The "Edgars" are presented by "Mystery Writers of America" (based in

Walt

Jan 19, 2008, 12:57:24 PM1/19/08

Ha, ha, ha, .... A piece of garbage that never made the grade is
nominated for an award that I assume is named for the late faggot,
J.Edna Hoover. What a transparent attempt to prop up a worthless
piece of garbage.

YoHarvey

Jan 19, 2008, 1:07:01 PM1/19/08
> piece of garbage.- Hide quoted text -

Leave your family out of this Walt. Not nice calling them worthless.

Walt

Jan 19, 2008, 1:23:17 PM1/19/08
On 19 Jan, 08:38, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
Vincent Bugliosi's magnificent 2007 JFK book,

Magnificent??? Perhaps a magnificent door stop, albiet a very
expensive one.

Todd W. Vaughan

Jan 19, 2008, 1:27:46 PM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 12:57 pm, Walt <papakochenb...@evertek.net> wrote:

Wrong, idiot!

 What a transparent attempt to prop up a worthless

YoHarvey

Jan 19, 2008, 1:56:01 PM1/19/08

Walt? Have you even attempted to read RH? Not likely I'd believe.
Reading is NOT one of your strong points. Requires comprehension.

Gil Jesus

Jan 19, 2008, 2:21:10 PM1/19/08
> Reading is NOT one of your strong points. �Requires comprehension.- Hide quoted text -

17. CHANGE THE SUBJECT. Usually in connection with one of the other
ploys listed here, find a way to side-track the discussion with
abrasive or controversial comments in hopes of turning attention to a
new, more manageable topic. This works especially well with
companions
who can "argue" with you over the new topic and polarize the
discussion arena in order to avoid discussing more key issues.

Gil Jesus

Jan 19, 2008, 2:22:44 PM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 1:27�pm, "Todd W. Vaughan" <twvaughan2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wrong, idiot!

5. SIDETRACK OPPONENTS WITH INSULTS. This is also
known as the primary attack the messenger ploy, though other methods
qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with
unpopular titles such as "kooks", "right-wing", "liberal", "left-
wing", "terrorists", "conspiracy buffs", "radicals", "militia",
"racists", "religious fanatics", "sexual deviates", and so forth.
This
makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same
label, and you avoid dealing with issues.

justm...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 2:54:38 PM1/19/08

Chico and Healy are in competition again...who can be the biggest
idiot. Why they keep posting these 25 rules is beyond me, considering
the fact that they do every single one of them themselves. Morons,
total morons!

lazu...@webtv.net

Jan 19, 2008, 3:39:43 PM1/19/08
Hey Walt, Bugliosi was nominated for the J.Edgar award. Old J. Edna
would have lovd Bugliosi. Laz

curtjester1

Jan 19, 2008, 4:20:35 PM1/19/08
On 19 Jan, 15:39, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> Hey Walt, Bugliosi was nominated for the J.Edgar award. Old J. Edna
> would have lovd Bugliosi. Laz

Hey I think an Edgar is a Mystery Award. I think he was trying to
pawn that book off as Non-Fiction. Maybe, though, they thought the
book even being nominated was a mystery!

CJ

lazu...@webtv.net

Jan 19, 2008, 5:07:57 PM1/19/08
I may read Bugliosi someday, hopefully when the case is resolved
Curt...I can't believe anyone with sound intentions could think Bugliosi
was the slightest bit objective...I'm sure he makes a lotta good points,
but if you are wrong on the Magic Bullet, the direction of the headshot,
Oswald's CIA Connections, Ruby's mob connections, and dozens of
witnesses who are corroborated for conspiracy in some aspect I don't
have the time or patience to suffer through 1600 pages.

YoHarvey

Jan 19, 2008, 5:22:51 PM1/19/08

Case is resolved. Where ya been?

Robert Harris

Jan 19, 2008, 6:34:25 PM1/19/08
In article
<cb1f3299-d128-4379...@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com> wrote:

> Vincent Bugliosi's magnificent 2007 JFK book, "Reclaiming History: The
> Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy", has been nominated for an
> "Edgar Award".
>
> The "Edgar Awards" are presented by "Mystery Writers of
> America" (based in New York City).

Well, that makes perfect sense, since that group is dedicated to works
of fiction:-)

Robert Harris

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jan 20, 2008, 6:44:50 AM1/20/08
>>> "A piece of garbage that never made the grade is nominated for an award that I assume is named for the late faggot, J. Edna Hoover." <<<

LOL.

Legendary author Edgar Allan Poe has now turned into "Hoover".

www.theedgars.com/invite.jpg

Walt The Kook actually thinks that an organization called the "Mystery
Writers of America" named their awards after the former FBI Director,
J. Edgar Hoover.

I love it.

Again ----> LOL!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jan 20, 2008, 8:09:37 AM1/20/08

>>> "Well, that makes perfect sense, since that group is dedicated to works of fiction." <<<

Gimini Christmas and Mackerel of the Holy persuasion!

You CT-Kooks aren't too sharp, are you? (Or you just simply cannot
read English. Maybe that's it.)

As I said in my first post in this thread, VB's book was nominated in
a specific category....that category not being a FICTION category,
but, instead, being "FACT CRIME". (Like "True Crime", only with the
word "fact" in there instead.)

How many awards will "My God, I'm Hit!" be nominated for, do you
think?

If there is a category of award somewhere labelled, "I Cannot Believe
This Shit Ever Got Published In The First Place"....then Andersen's
"I'm Hit" turd will take home the prize, without competition.

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jan 20, 2008, 8:42:51 AM1/20/08
Vincent Bugliosi's magnificent 2007 JFK book, "Reclaiming History: The
Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy", has been nominated for an
"Edgar Allan Poe Award".

The "Edgars" are presented by "Mystery Writers of America" (based in
New York City).

"Reclaiming History" was nominated as one of the top five books
published in 2007 in the category of "Fact Crime".

The "Edgar Allan Poe Awards" date back to 1946, and Vince Bugliosi has
won two such honors -- the first being for his 1974 best-seller
"Helter Skelter" (which is still to this day the top-selling true-
crime book in publishing history), and the second award was for 1978's
true murder mystery, "Till Death Us Do Part".

http://home.comcast.net/~dwtaylor1/poefactcrime.html

www.theedgars.com/nominees2.html#fact

www.mysterywriters.org

www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/3200858-post.html

Gil Jesus

Jan 20, 2008, 9:43:52 AM1/20/08
The J.Edgar Hoover awards are given for swallowing the big one.

As in LIE, of course. <grin>

justm...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2008, 9:49:51 AM1/20/08
On Jan 20, 9:43 am, Gil Jesus <gjjm...@aol.com> wrote:
> The J.Edgar Hoover awards are given for swallowing the big one.
>
> As in LIE, of course. <grin>

When it comes to swallowing the big one, you have all the experience
anyone needs. GULP!

curtjester1

Jan 20, 2008, 9:13:53 PM1/20/08
On Jan 19, 5:07 pm, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:

I do suspect ulterior motives when he waits so long to get in the
game. I know when people make fun of people like Armstrong who
probably has done more individual research than anyone in the field,
then he is up to no good, somehow.

CJ

aeffects

Jan 21, 2008, 7:32:34 PM1/21/08
On Jan 19, 6:38 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Vincent Bugliosi's magnificent 2007 JFK book, "Reclaiming History: The
> Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy", has been nominated for an
> "Edgar Award".

the only book to win an Edgar that sold 50 copies.... LMFAO!

aeffects

Jan 21, 2008, 7:33:20 PM1/21/08
On Jan 19, 11:54 am, "justme1...@gmail.com" <justme1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

got you running in circles pukster.... the truth really hurts doesn't
it...... LMFAO

Walt

Jan 21, 2008, 8:05:58 PM1/21/08

CJ
I'll bet yer right Curt.... It's all a big mystery to Ol
Bugilousy ....