A Bottle Of Coke And A Killer Named Oswald

David Von Pein

Sep 26, 2007, 10:51:49 PM9/26/07
A CTer SAID:

>>> "Speaking of being nervous, what if LHO got a Coke because his throat was so dry after his confrontation with Truly/Baker (and this could be if he was the guilty party or a patsy who knew things had gone horribly wrong)? That's the only thing, IMO, that makes sense as to why he'd take time AFTER the confrontation with T/B to buy any soda!" <<<

DVP SAYS:

That's possible, I will readily admit.

But I think it was a case of Oswald (after being "freed" by Roy Truly)
realizing at that point that a pretty big FIRST HURDLE had been jumped
successfully (i.e., getting past the first cop on the scene, Marrion
Baker).

Oswald, therefore (IMO), could possibly have relaxed a bit more. After
all, if one cop didn't detain him, why should another at that exact
moment before the rifle was linked to LHO? He was, after all, just
another worker in a big building of workers at that point in time.

So, Oswald takes the extra few seconds to buy the Coke, maybe taking
one sip (even though Mrs. Reid said the bottle was "full", but that's
not really too important).

He buys the drink and strolls slowly toward the exit, casually
mumbling something incoherent to Reid (and not the least bit surprised
when Reid says "The President's been shot").

IOW, he's trying to act as calm and casual about the whole thing as he
could in those few minutes before he escaped the building. And I think
the Coke purchase helped him to accomplish that goal just a little bit
more.

YMMV.

THE DEPOSITORY'S SOFT-DRINK MACHINES AND SOME "COKE" TALK:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/dd17c3781819b6d5

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/764ae514bbdb9af7

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/fb04d259c1c218eb

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/7d4dac8e83d2d4d2

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/abab2d726fc3819e

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/cac5d85cd2b3677c

eca...@tx.rr.com

Sep 27, 2007, 4:18:54 AM9/27/07
*****FIVE STARS DVP!*****

Quote from DVP's post --------------
"Mr. BALL - You say you wandered around, you mean on the first floor?

Mr. JARMAN - On the first floor.

Mr. BALL - Were you with anybody when you were at the window? Did you
talk to anybody?

Mr. JARMAN - No; I did not.

Mr. BALL - Were you with anybody when you were walking around
finishing your sandwich?

Mr. JARMAN - No; I wasn't, I was trying to get through so I could get
out on the street.

Mr. BALL - Did you see Lee Oswald?

Mr. JARMAN - No; I didn't.

Mr. BALL - After his arrest, he stated to a police officer that he
had
had lunch with you. Did you have lunch with him?

Mr. JARMAN - No, sir; I didn't.

Mr. BALL - When you finished your sandwich and your bottle of pop,
what did you do?

Mr. JARMAN - I throwed the paper that I had the sandwich in in the
box
over close to the telephone and I took the pop bottle and put it in
the case over by the Dr. Pepper machine."

THANKS DVP!!
Ed Cage
0318Sep2707