JFK Conspiracy Theories Debunked ... Interviews With VB ..!

cdddraftsman

Jun 26, 2007, 2:43:02 PM6/26/07

eca...@tx.rr.com

Jun 26, 2007, 3:05:23 PM6/26/07
Another excellent post TL!
Ed

On Jun 26, 1:43 pm, cdddraftsman <cdddrafts...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5612292807279215554&total=47...

David Von Pein

Jun 26, 2007, 3:14:10 PM6/26/07
Excellent links, Tom. Thank you. (And a couple of those even I hadn't
seen before...and I scour for everything re. VB and related kook-
bashing material.)

The Penn & Teller clip was very good, with a nifty "3.45-second", 3-
shot Carcano demonstration and a melon test that verifies the tests
previously done by Alvarez and Lattimer. (Will the CT nuts now argue
that Penn & Teller's test is not valid because of a 'tipping ladder'?
I don't think so.)

"Second gunman, my aching ass."

You said it, Teller. (Or was that Penn? Which one never talks? I can't
remember. Anyway, a great, great demonstration.)

Related Links..........

Here's a very good 2-part radio interview from 06/22/07 with Vince
Bugliosi on WOR HD Radio:

http://podcast.wor710.com/wor/535269.mp3

http://podcast.wor710.com/wor/535272.mp3

Papa Andy

Jun 26, 2007, 4:10:22 PM6/26/07

VB said that the movie JFK was a lie from start to finish

1) it wasn't a documentary
2) it was telling a story based on the Garrison investigation and did
that

seems that VB is the liar here

David Von Pein

Jun 26, 2007, 4:24:34 PM6/26/07
Papa Andy,

I've always felt that Oliver Stone does have an "escape route" (so to
speak) to resort to when it comes to the many, many lies and half-
truths that appear in his film. And it is something you
mentioned...i.e., that the film (to a large degree) IS truthful, in
that it merely is telling the true story of a fruitcake/CT-Kook named
Jim Garrison.

I'm surprised that Mr. Stone hasn't used that escape hatch more often
when talking about his film. (Maybe he has, but I don't recall him
doing so; and that's probably because he himself [Stone] actually buys
into a goodly portion of Garrison's insanity that appears on the
screen in his film.)

But, obviously, when Vince says the movie is "one continuous
lie" (which, of course, it is, FACT-wise), he's referring to the
evidence and the lack of facts re. the assassination. IOW: Garrison's
loony theories consist of "one continuous lie", which are placed up on
the screen by Mr. Stone.

MOVIE/DVD REVIEW -- OLIVER STONE'S "JFK":
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/51b89da58d3e6489

eca...@tx.rr.com

Jun 26, 2007, 8:36:27 PM6/26/07
Not quite Papa.. VB tidied that statement
up a bit saying they had the date right and
who got killed that day..
But if you saw JFK and have done substantial
JFK research, you'd know what VB is talking
about for sure.. "JFK" was a real stinker
from start to finish and I KNOW Oliver Stone
is/was smarter than that.. He "juiced up"
the facts and added a bundle of brand new
"facts" that are simply not true.
Ed

> A- Hide quoted text -

Papa Andy

Jun 27, 2007, 10:38:55 AM6/27/07

I've heard VB say that on MSNBC and in the podcast that DVP gave links
however, there are quite a few facts in the movie JFK, although there
may be disagreement about the interpretation

1) Garrison did not invent David Ferrie, his name came up right away
2) Ferrie was connected to LHO and Shaw
3) there was a connection between LHO in New Orleans and Guy Bannister
4) Dean Andrews lied about Clay Bertrand on numerous occasions
5) Oswald got his passport right away despite living in the USSR
6) some witnesses said LHO was a very poor shot
7) various government agencies tried to undermine Garrison
8) at least one member of the WC did not accept the SBT
9) the CIA was not forthcoming with whatever information it had

just to name a few

lazu...@webtv.net

Jun 27, 2007, 12:55:46 PM6/27/07
Oliver Stone may have gotten a few things wrong and even embellished
others. After all, he admitted that his film (which was a brilliant
accomplishment on every level) was meant to stand as "a counter-myth" to
the official WC mythology. However, the general thrust of the movie
"JFK", I believe, is far closer to the reality of what happened on
11/22/63 than is the WCR.----and that's the whole nut in a
dealshell---Old Laz

aeffects

Jun 27, 2007, 1:39:57 PM6/27/07
On Jun 26, 5:36 pm, ecag...@tx.rr.com wrote:
> Not quite Papa.. VB tidied that statement
> up a bit saying they had the date right and
> who got killed that day..
> But if you saw JFK and have done substantial
> JFK research,

perhaps JKO will comment on your *substantial* research, eh?