Will debate for Jerry's Kids!

Dave Reitzes

Jul 22, 2010, 1:55:03 AM7/22/10
Note: This message has been posted to John Simkin's Education Forum,
where Jim DiEugenio is an active member.

Hi, everyone.

In my travels around the JFK forums, it seems that rarely a day goes
by that I don't read somewhere about my failure to debate Jim
DiEugenio last year. For those who may not know, I was invited by Len
Osanic to debate DiEugenio on Osanic's Black Ops Radio webcast. I
confess I don't really see the point of such a debate, but it sounds
like a fair number of people want to see it happen.

So I've given the matter some thought and I've decided that I would be
willing to take part in such an event if it should serve a tangible
purpose, and I can think of no better purpose than supporting a great
charitable cause.

The cause I speak of is the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), best
known for their annual Labor Day telethons hosted by Jerry Lewis. My
goal is to raise $3,000, to allow a group of children afflicted with
muscular dystrophy to attend a summer camp tailored to their needs. If
students of the Kennedy assassination will help me reach my goal, I
will gladly debate Mr. DiEugenio on Black Ops Radio (or, in the event
that Osanic's invitation has been rescinded, I will seek to make
arrangements for a comparable debate elsewhere).

All you have to do to make this event a reality is go to my MDA
homepage (below), make a secure donation via Paypal, and ask some of
your friends to do the same. Mr. Osanic is strongly encouraged to ask
his listeners to contribute as well.

https://www.joinmda.org/wilmingtonlockup2010/dreitzes

I have until September 22 to meet my goal, but my deadline for the
"Black Ops Challenge" will be Sunday, August 15, at 12:01 AM EST
(although this is negotiable). If I have received $3000 in donations
from JFK assassination students at that time, I will be at the mercy
of Osanic and DiEugenio for one fun-filled evening. Hey, Jim is even
welcome to bring his pal Bill Davy along for the fun. Bill and I go
way back. :)

Thank you all for your interest. Please help me support this wonderful
cause.

Dave Reitzes

David Von Pein

Jul 22, 2010, 3:02:09 AM7/22/10

Good luck, Dave.

But I doubt very much that Super Kook DiEugenio will agree to a debate
with you under those "Donate Some Money And I'll Debate You"
conditions.

And James "Oswald Shot Nobody" DiEugenio has responded in a somewhat
negative way already to Mr. Reitzes' debate challenge:

"Now, Krazy Dave Reitzes is on here saying we have to contribute
to Jerry's kids for him to debate me. Why John [Simkin] lets these
goofs on here puzzles me." -- James DiEugenio; 7/22/10

http://EducationForum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16235&view=findpost&p=198062

By "these goofs", DiEugenio was referring to LNers Francois Carlier
and Dave Reitzes (the latter joining Simkin's forum just today).

Dave Reitzes

Jul 24, 2010, 11:50:08 PM7/24/10
On Jul 22, 3:02 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Good luck, Dave.
>
> But I doubt very much that Super Kook DiEugenio will agree to a debate
> with you under those "Donate Some Money And I'll Debate You"
> conditions.
>
> And James "Oswald Shot Nobody" DiEugenio has responded in a somewhat
> negative way already to Mr. Reitzes' debate challenge:
>
>       "Now, Krazy Dave Reitzes is on here saying we have to contribute
> to Jerry's kids for him to debate me. Why John [Simkin] lets these
> goofs on here puzzles me." -- James DiEugenio; 7/22/10
>
> http://EducationForum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16235&view=find...

> By "these goofs", DiEugenio was referring to LNers Francois Carlier
> and Dave Reitzes (the latter joining Simkin's forum just today).

Len Osanic has withdrawn his offer to host the proposed debate and Jim
DiEugenio has labeled my attempt to raise money for the Muscular
Dystrophy Association and "Jerry's Kids" a "scam":

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16248&st=0

Of course, donations would still be greatly appreciated.

Dave