Vinny doesn't Own a Home Computer!

RICLAND

May 21, 2007, 11:00:50 AM5/21/07
In another thread David Van Pein revealed something I suspected all
along -- Vinny Bugliosi doesn't own a home computer!

Isn't this the theme I've been hammering away at all month, that Vinny
comes across as someone locked in the 70s? The way he talks to people,
his vocabulary, his "wit," his anal retentive way of discussing his book
-- "You have to read the book to find the answer to that!", his
cluelessness about what is already known to the public, all these things
point to someone with no idea of how the internet has changed the
discussion.

He's out of touch. Anyone without internet access is out of touch. He
has no idea what's already been discussed here, debunked, conceded by
both sides.

The fool is flying blind.
--

ricland

Grassy Knoll News
http://www.riclanders.com/

Reclaiming History ...???
The Rebuttal to Bugliosi's JFK Assassination Book
http://jfkhit.com

David Von Pein

May 21, 2007, 11:33:28 AM5/21/07
>>> "In another thread David Van Pein [sic; ~sigh~] revealed something I suspected all along -- Vinny Bugliosi doesn't own a home computer!" <<<

Even though Ric DOES suspect (at the same time) that Vince has gotten
a large amount of his "sources" from "Lone Nutter websites".

Hmmm...a curious hunk of apparent double-speak there. I.E.: Vince
accessing those websites without a computer...which Ric "suspected all
along" VB didn't own.

Just one more example of Ric's 5-minute attention span, I imagine.

>>> "His cluelessness about what is already known to the public, all these things point to someone with no idea of how the internet has changed the discussion." <<<

Oh, for Pete sake...use what's left of your gray matter. When Vince
writes something in book form, or when he's talking on TV or on the
radio, he's doing the same type of thing he does in a courtroom too --
he's "SPOONFEEDING THE JURY" the information.

For, Vince doesn't really KNOW the exact amount of JFK knowledge any
member of his reading (or viewing) audience might possess. He's merely
spoonfeeding the relevant data to the masses.

Sure, some (or lots) of the basic info VB imparts is already known to
many people interested in the case. But how is Vince supposed to know
this when he's writing a book that will be seen by millions...or when
he's talking to a GENERAL AUDIENCE of thousands, etc.?

>>> "He has no idea what's already been discussed here, debunked, conceded by both sides." <<<

Again, use your head, Ricland. Vince is in "Spoonfeed The Masses"
mode...because he can't possibly afford NOT to do that. Because he
can't know the degree of knowledge any of his individual readers
possess.

Doesn't that make sense?

Gil Jesus

May 21, 2007, 11:36:11 AM5/21/07
On May 21, 11:00 am, RICLAND <blackwr...@lycos.com> wrote:
> In another thread David Van Pein revealed something I suspected all
> along -- Vinny Bugliosi doesn't own a home computer!

How the hell would Von Pein know if the guy has a computer or not ?

RICLAND

May 21, 2007, 12:36:40 PM5/21/07
David Von Pein wrote:

> Even though Ric DOES suspect (at the same time) that Vince has gotten
> a large amount of his "sources" from "Lone Nutter websites".
>
> Hmmm...a curious hunk of apparent double-speak there. I.E.: Vince
> accessing those websites without a computer...which Ric "suspected all
> along" VB didn't own.

I usually don't respond to your gibberish, but it's a slow day at the
car wash, so what the heck.

Vinny gets his computer sources second hand; that is, he pays others to
get it off the net for him.

Why was it necessary for me to sort that out for you, David?

> Just one more example of Ric's 5-minute attention span, I imagine.

> Oh, for Pete sake...use what's left of your gray matter. When Vince
> writes something in book form, or when he's talking on TV or on the
> radio, he's doing the same type of thing he does in a courtroom too --
> he's "SPOONFEEDING THE JURY" the information.

Gee, a new writing genre -- "Spoonfeeding the jury."

> For, Vince doesn't really KNOW the exact amount of JFK knowledge any
> member of his reading (or viewing) audience might possess. He's merely
> spoonfeeding the relevant data to the masses.

You mean spoonfeeding the kooks.

> Sure, some (or lots) of the basic info VB imparts is already known to
> many people interested in the case. But how is Vince supposed to know
> this when he's writing a book that will be seen by millions...or when
> he's talking to a GENERAL AUDIENCE of thousands, etc.?

Millions...?

Don't make me laugh. The book has bombed. The reviews already
discouraged me from buying it, and your remember how hot I was for it.

By the way, you'll note I have not submitted a review, nor has anyone
else from this newsgroup. It appears we're giving your name-calling
guru a lot more respect than he gives people he disagrees with.

> Again, use your head, Ricland. Vince is in "Spoonfeed The Masses"
> mode...because he can't possibly afford NOT to do that. Because he
> can't know the degree of knowledge any of his individual readers
> possess.
>
> Doesn't that make sense?

Unless he's inventing a new genre, no.

Crappy writing is crappy writing, no matter what new name you give to
it. And it's crappy writing which explains why 3 out of 4 readers are
calling it a crappy book. After 13 reviews he's garnered 2.25 stars out
of five. That's terrible for any book let alone a book that was supposed
to stand the test of time for "500 hundred years."

Worse still, if the reviews are any indication, he's pissing off people
with his out-of-control ad hominems and his relentless hucksterism.

Clearly, Vinny doesn't realize the public is a lot better informed than
it was in 1969. He's making a 1969 quality defense of the Warren
Commission which simply isn't resonating with today's public.

It's like some comic doing Milton Berle jokes on Saturday Night Live;
the audience would be underwhelmed to say the least.

"Kook" was a catch-term 40 years ago. It what Eisenhower era people
called Rock 'n' Rollers, hippies, and vegetarians. Bugliosi used it with
great effect during the Manson trial. He's trying to do the same thing
today, but it's not working because the world has changed -- today the
Rock 'n' Rollers, hippies, and vegetarians run things.

Today his audience is kooks but he's too dumb to realize it.

ricland

David Von Pein

May 21, 2007, 1:18:59 PM5/21/07
>>> ""Kook" was a catch-term 40 years ago." <<<

And it still applies to your ilk today. Go figure.

And note how I (and Bud) use the word liberally here in the 21st
century....and we DO own computers. Go figure.

<usual Ric slop trimmed>

(BTW, VB's book did very well over the weekend in sales. It's number
66 in Amazon book sales as of this writing.)

Ben Holmes

May 21, 2007, 9:32:26 PM5/21/07
In article <1179761771.1...@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Gil Jesus
says...