What's this stuff about Reclaiming History and

aeffects

Mar 13, 2008, 4:08:37 AM3/13/08
Gallop'in Dale Myers.... Rumor has it David Lifton knows a bit more
about how Reclaiming History was put together, than the rest of us....
evidently dBugliosi has been less than candid with the American Public
regarding true authorship of his cinder-block...

muc...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2008, 5:01:04 AM3/13/08

Nice attempt, I suppose, at diverting attention from your blooper
concerning another famous JFK assassination book. Not to mention the
embarrasing failures of Ben "Yellow Pants" Holmes.

lazu...@webtv.net

Mar 13, 2008, 5:15:44 AM3/13/08
If true-Sounds like Von Pein should ask for a refund- he thought he was
gettin' 1600 pages of bugs, but it looks like 3-400 pages of Fred Haines
and another 300 conservatively of Myers...according to Lifton, Myers
signed a secrecy agreement so supposedy he can't speak.

Also, according to Lifton, Fred Haines got 500,000 smackers over 10
years. pretty good amount of chump change..one can only imagine what
Bugliosi got-a million at least, doesn't seem out of the question going
back 20 years,but that's business. If Bugliosi had said this book was
with Haines, and Myers, on the cover, and explcitly said so in the
acknowledgements & who wrote what fine, but people are gonna be very
pissed that Bugliosi implied in interviews all over that this was solely
his writing. Misrepresentation.

David Von Pein

Mar 13, 2008, 5:35:49 AM3/13/08
>>> "If Bugliosi had said this book was with Haines, and Myers, on the cover, and explcitly [sic] said so in the acknowledgements & who wrote what fine, but people are gonna be very pissed that Bugliosi implied in interviews all over that this was solely his writing. Misrepresentation." <<<

CTers are always so eager to jump into the sack with more CTers (no
matter what the silly subject is), aren't they? ~sigh~

Fact is, Mr. Bugliosi DID fully acknowledge the "noteworthy writing
contributions" of both Mr. Haines and Mr. Myers, in the book itself.
He gives them both a good deal of credit on Page 1515.

If some of you kooks would actually bother to read VB's excellent book
you'd be able to find out these things on your own. But I guess
that'll never happen, will it?

For more on this stupid "ghostwriting" charge, here's a replay of my
chat with David Lifton from the other day.......

===================================

DAVID S. LIFTON GUSHED:

>>> "Mr. Von Pein: Contrary to your ill-informed fulminations, one-third of Bugliosi's book--at least--was ghost written; and as a consequence of paid contracts that Bugliosi had (via his publisher, W. W. Norton) with two ghostwriters." <<<

DAVID R. VON PEIN WROTE BACK:

Mr. Lifton, I think you're full of shit.

I also think that perhaps you need to look up the terms "ghostwriting"
and "ghostwriter". A goodly portion (but not all) of your argument
regarding how Mr. Bugliosi's outstanding book was really written can
pretty much be placed in the "So what?" file drawer.

BTW, did Ms. Lambert get the overdue apology due her by you after your
silly "ghostwriting" charge levelled against her in May 2007? Just
curious.

In reality, no part of Vincent Bugliosi's JFK book was "ghostwritten",
per se, at all. Sure, Vince had a co-author at one point--Fred
Haines--
up to about 1998 (with Mr. Haines' name also scheduled to adorn the
cover of the book along with Bugliosi's)....but even without Haines'
name appearing on the cover of the finished product, Bugliosi gives
full credit to Mr. Haines, on page 1515 of "Reclaiming History", for
Haines' "noteworthy writing contributions".

On that same page, VB also gives full credit to author Dale Myers
(which Mr. Lifton knows full well, too, because DSL quotes this same
passage in his long-winded "ghostwriting" rant):

"Dale helped me in the writing of several sections of Book One
[Vince divided his JFK book into 2 so-called "Book" sections], most
notably on acoustics, 'Four Days in November' [which is Chapter 1]
(particularly in the Oswald interrogations), and all matters dealing
with still photography. I am deeply grateful to Dale for lending his
time, energy, and considerable expertise to this literary project." --
Vincent Bugliosi; Page 1515 of "Reclaiming History" (c.2007)

Mr. Bugliosi, therefore, has fully acknowledged the "noteworthy
writing contributions" of both Fred Haines and Dale Myers within the
pages of "Reclaiming History".

If you, Mr. Lifton, want to think that these "noteworthy writing
contributions" (which have been fully acknowledged by VB in the book
itself!) equates to "One-third of Bugliosi's book--at least--[being]
ghostwritten" (as you claimed above) -- then I guess that's your
choice.

But it's a strange choice and a strange belief, IMO, given the fact
that most "ghostwriters" are NOT acknowledged by the person they are
ghostwriting for...isn't this true, Mr. Lifton?

The very definition of "ghostwriter" is as follows:

GHOSTWRITER -- "To write for and in the name of another." ....
[Also:] "To write (as a speech) for another who is the presumed
author." -- Via Merriam-Webster OnLine Dictionary

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghostwriter

Plus: Mr. Lifton's comment claiming that "at least one-third" of VB's
book was "ghostwritten" is patently ridiculous (and unprovable), of
course. That would equate to more than 850 pages of VB's book
(including all of the Endnotes on the CD-ROM computer disc) being
written by somebody other than Vince Bugliosi. That, as I said, is
ridiculous.

And your accusation in May 2007 that specifically mentioned Patricia
Lambert as one of Vincent's "ghostwriters" is just an outright blatant
falsehood of the first order, just as Ms. Lambert and VB's secretary,
Rosemary Newton, have already verified via their individual replies on
this matter in early July of 2007.

Mr. Lifton, would you care to now apologize to Ms. Lambert for that
incorrect "ghostwriting" allegation you made last May? Or do you think
Patricia is a liar (or maybe some kind of "cover-up" agent for the FBI
or the CIA or for W.W. Norton & Company or something)?

Plus:

Mr. Bugliosi, on several different radio interviews in 2007, also
verified the fact that he had very little help at all when it came to
researching and writing "Reclaiming History", with Vince telling the
radio audience during a few of his interviews that he had researched
and written approximately "99 percent" of the book himself, without
the aid of anyone's assistance.

I guess Vince was merely lying in several of these various
interviews, huh Mr. Lifton? .....

www.box.net/static/flash/box_explorer.swf?widgetHash=7f8im4pic0&v=1

In Summary:

Mr. Lifton doesn't have a leg (or a "ghost") to stand on when it comes
to his absurd and ultra-flimsy allegation that "at least one-third" of
Vincent Bugliosi's magnificently-researched and well-written book
"Reclaiming History: The Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy"
was "ghostwritten" by a variety of different authors.

And if a book has, indeed, been "ghostwritten" by other authors (in
the literal sense of that term), you're not likely to find those
ghostwriters being acknowledged, in print, within the pages of the
very book that has supposedly been ghostwritten.

Right, Mr. Lifton?

David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Mar 13, 2008, 5:57:40 AM3/13/08

>>> "According to Lifton, Myers signed a secrecy agreement so supposedy he can't speak." <<<

~LOL~

That must be why the same Mr. Myers wrote this lengthy piece debunking
Lifton's nonsense re. "RH" in July 2007, huh?:

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2007/07/liftons-ghost.html

aeffects

Mar 13, 2008, 1:24:17 PM3/13/08

reminds me of that infamous quote, "I did NOT have sex with that
woman!" Now, we have, "I wrote the entire book!"

tell me David, has Mr. Myers made his Zapruder film LIGHTWAVE project
files available so his *PEERS* can check-verify his masterful, Award
winning (EMMY) work?

This alleged *expert* as noted, wrote a book about Tipitt with the
assistance of Todd *mythical file cabinet* Vaughan [how much you make
there Todd, you have a contract to shut you up too?], now we have it
that Myers wrote 1/3rd of Bugliosi's cinder-block, Dale also wrote a
10,000 word FAQ section on his website -- no-back peddling Myers. Dale
Myers, all you have to do is allow your industry* peers to review your
Zapruder Film Lightwave animation project file, the ENTIRE project
file (complete with texture maps....Time to clean up your image

aeffects

Mar 13, 2008, 1:32:46 PM3/13/08
On Mar 13, 2:35 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

> CTers are always so eager to jump into the sack with more CTers (no
> matter what the silly subject is), aren't they? ~sigh~

liars always have our attention, David... so, how much are you making
off this latest go-round David *R* Von Pein...? We have Myers at a
couple hundred grand, the OTHER ghost-writer that didn't exist at 500
hundred grand. DaBug, what 2 million+

You can tell us David, you've wrote and compiled 10 times more JFK
assassination Lone Nut bullshit than Myers (after all he's just a
dweeb who can drive Lightwave) has or ever will.

This is the kind of nonsense that gets commercial television projects
"shelved", sonny!

aeffects

Mar 13, 2008, 1:41:18 PM3/13/08
On Mar 13, 2:57 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

> ~LOL~
>
> That must be why the same Mr. Myers wrote this lengthy piece debunking
> Lifton's nonsense re. "RH" in July 2007, huh?:

Old Myers he's pretty damn quiet now, isn't he..... perhaps his
alleged publisher will run to his aid, do some spinning, or (and for
HBO's sake) hope this will go away.... LMFAO...

Real fucking Lone Nut amateur hour here, David... I think ex-govenor
Spitzer tore a page out of the 'For Lone Nut Idiot' playbook...

> http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2007/07/liftons-ghost.html

Ben Holmes

Mar 13, 2008, 2:08:26 PM3/13/08
In article <357f9db3-1a87-4496...@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
aeffects says...

Let's not forget Robert Harris - although he's proven to himself with the aid of
an unnamed CAD program and unknown data set that Chaney is not where he appears
in the Altgen's photo - he refuses to name the program he used, or provide the
data so that others can duplicate his work.

aeffects

Mar 13, 2008, 2:31:27 PM3/13/08
On Mar 13, 11:08 am, Ben Holmes <ad...@khadaji.com> wrote:
> In article <357f9db3-1a87-4496-a253-ac38db2ff...@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

yeah, that's right. Seems like they're the only ones that know how to
use sophisticated [some would say] *off-the shelf* 2D-3D/CAD
software.

5 years I've been asking for Myers files. To verify his work.... He's
convinced himself that his project files shut the door (ala, his "case
closed" on-camera comment) in the EMMY winning documentary he worked
on with Peter Jennings as host.

Well, if they do, why not make the project files available? What is he
(or Harris, others) scared of?

Bud

Mar 13, 2008, 3:45:58 PM3/13/08

And who might you be, that he should give you anything? If you are
the technical wizard you claim, you can produce graphics that show the
error of his work. Those that can do, those that can`t criticize.

lazu...@webtv.net

Mar 13, 2008, 4:04:49 PM3/13/08
ABC-History Channel-Hersh-Posner-Mailer & Schiller- it all stinks to
high heaven, and there's many a story behind the story which may be more
imporant than the story itself-just like all the most controversial
aspects of the assassination itself.

aeffects

Mar 13, 2008, 4:21:14 PM3/13/08

they KNOW the "story[s]" problems, and the uphill struggle. Their
worse nightmare? Simple, we KNOW their problems!

lazu...@webtv.net

Mar 13, 2008, 4:54:16 PM3/13/08
If Dale Myers is on the up an up-he should explain exactly what he
did/wrote for Reclaiming History...

YoHarvey

Mar 13, 2008, 6:39:28 PM3/13/08
On Mar 13, 4:54 pm, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> If Dale Myers is on the up an up-he should explain exactly what he
> did/wrote for Reclaiming History...

Healy? You best be careful about whom you slander on here. I have it
on authority Dale Myers watches this site amongst many. You can
barely afford food and rent. How are you this ignorant at 62 years
old?

justm...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2008, 7:09:43 PM3/13/08

Healy said:

5 years I've been asking for Myers files. To verify his work.... He's

convinced himself that his project files shut the door (ala, his
"case
closed" on-camera comment) in the EMMY winning documentary he worked
on with Peter Jennings as host.

Question for you Healy...Why would Dale Myers a professional in his
field and very well known, give you...a second hand wannabe his files
to see if they are authenic? Like you would know more then Dale Myers
when it came to expertise work?? What a joke! Just because you wrote
one article and spoke at a JFK symposium you think you're an expert.
Your article was torn apart on the Education forum. Stop walking
around thinking your shit doesn't stink Healy, I have news for
you...it's smells worse then a cow barn with 2000 cows. I'm sure when
Myers reads this forum he has a good laugh.

lazu...@webtv.net

Mar 13, 2008, 7:08:00 PM3/13/08
it's not slander Yo harvey- how much he made is his busness, how much he
wrote, don't you think we should know? Why a secrecy agreement?

YoHarvey

Mar 13, 2008, 7:47:42 PM3/13/08
On Mar 13, 7:08 pm, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> it's not slander Yo harvey- how much he made is his busness, how much he
> wrote, don't you think we should know? Why a secrecy agreement?

I'm referring to the colorful adjectives Healy has used.

Dale
Myers, all you have to do is allow your industry* peers to review
your
Zapruder Film Lightwave animation project file, the ENTIRE project
file (complete with texture maps....Time to clean up your image

Firstly, Myers work has been reviewed. I believe Burly has info on
that.
Secondly, a 3rd rate druggie like Healy is surely in no position to
question Meyers.
What qualifications does Healy have? He runs from from his resume
about the awards he claims to have won. He's a charlatan. He knows
it and he knows we know it. He attempts, as he did on the Education
Forum to sound "important". Nothing is further from the truth. Then
again, when one lives in the squalor of an apartment in Vegas, what
else does he have in life? He was laughed off the Education Forum and
he's laughed at on here. Questions?

Bud

Mar 13, 2008, 8:04:15 PM3/13/08

lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> it's not slander Yo harvey- how much he made is his busness, how much he
> wrote, don't you think we should know? Why a secrecy agreement?

<snicker> In what meaningful way has it been established that
there was a secrecy agreement? "Lifton says"? Healey posts what he
admits is a "rumor", and Lazy sees his rumor, and raises a kook claim.

David Von Pein

Mar 13, 2008, 9:06:41 PM3/13/08

>>> "Healey posts what he admits is a "rumor", and Lazy sees his rumor, and raises a kook claim." <<<

Which is the typical and never-ending cycle of the CT kooks.

Another good example being the whole "Ghostwritten" claim espoused by
a known kook (Lifton). Lifton said it's true....and since he's not an
"LNer", he is to be believed by CTers completely and without ANY
further fact-checking on the ghostwriting allegation.

Many more excellent examples of "CT Bandwagon Jumping" can be found at
The Education Forum, too. I love going there on occasion to watch Jack
White make a complete ass out of himself time and time again. And yet,
as is typical of many CTers, he has several other conspiracists
actually believing his insane photographic claims.

A recent "Jack White Is A Loon" example involved the "Hand Puppet /
Lambchop" subject. White insists that one of the films shows JFK
holding the "puppet" in his hand! And pretty much nothing will now be
able to sway him from this belief. .....

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12420

The INSTANT Mr. White sees something "funny" or "strange" in a picture
or a film, he races to the keyboard to start a new "THIS PICTURE
PROVES PHOTO-FAKERY" thread at the Edu. Forum. It's utterly
hysterical.

The "Cardboard Cutout" witnesses lining Elm St. has always been one of
my favorite Kook Klaims. :)

And now I see that just today we have another CTer (Pat Speer) ready
and eager to jump on the Lifton "ghostwriting" bandwagon at the Edu.
Forum. Speer just ASSUMES that "one-third" of VB's book was written by
other non-VB people. And he just ASSUMES, based on nothing but Kook
Lifton's claims, that there was some kind of agreement made to
"silence" Myers and possibly others too.

Great research job, Patrick. Accept as the Gospel Truth that which was
spouted by a known fraud himself--David S. Lifton. Pat's reputation as
a serious "researcher" will surely skyrocket with the use of such
great sources as Mr. Lifton within his Internet postings.

Let's see the junk that was penned by Mr. Speer at Edu. Forum, shall
we? (This thread [linked below] was started by Mr. Lifton, btw. So, I
see that Lifton decided it was wise to spread a little more
unsupportable crap about VB after my e-mail session with him the other
day. Lovely. Nothing like beating a dead equine, is there?).....

"I just noticed on another Forum that Bugliosi devotee David Von
Pein is attacking Lifton on this matter, and claiming Bugliosi's use
of material from his former co-writers is irrelevant, and not the same
as his using "ghost-writers". He claims that because Bugliosi
acknowledges the input of Haines and Myers in the book, they are not
"ghosts" and therefore not "ghostwriters". Although Von Pein tries to
dismiss the problems with the medical evidence as "nit-picking," as if
the actual location of the entrance on Kennedy's head has no bearing
on Oswald's guilt or innocence, I believe he is the one "nit-picking"
here.

"Nowhere in Bugliosi's interviews, and nowhere in the ad
campaign for his book, will you find his admission that as much as a
third of his book was written and researched by others. You just won't
find it. Instead, he and others hawking his book (including HBO) have
repeatedly asserted that he personally mastered all the details of the
case in order to shut down all the conspiracy theories, blah blah
blah. Lifton's research proves, if nothing else, that this was false
advertising.

"I believe one can make the argument that someone willing to
misrepresent the nature of a book (i.e. how it was written) in order
to sell more copies, would also be willing to twist its content to
mislead its potential audience. Like Spitzer and his hookers,
Bugliosi's use of Haines and Myers, and his paying them to keep quiet,
raises questions about his integrity. I mean why, if everything was on
the up and up, as claimed by Von Pein, would Bugliosi arrange to have
them "silenced"?

"Mighty mighty peculiar, in my opinion." -- Patrick Speer

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12462&view=findpost&p=140692

Who's got the Barf Bucket? I'm in need of it right now.

aeffects

Mar 14, 2008, 3:59:56 AM3/14/08
On Mar 13, 6:06 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

> Which is the typical and never-ending cycle of the CT kooks.
>
> Another good example being the whole "Ghostwritten" claim espoused by
> a known kook (Lifton). Lifton said it's true....and since he's not an
> "LNer", he is to be believed by CTers completely and without ANY
> further fact-checking on the ghostwriting allegation.

LMFAO -- you haven't received a dime for all that work you've done in/
for Bugliosi's Reclaiming Historys' benefit, have you? Now
you're pissed that it took a CTer to point out the facts of life to
you... When will you LN-WCR support at all costs idiots ever learn?
Get off your knees and get to work, the big bad CT wolf is out there.

Shit-can your blog, you've taken it in the ear champ! You've been
USED...

aeffects

Mar 14, 2008, 4:30:19 AM3/14/08
On Mar 13, 4:08 pm, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> it's not slander Yo harvey- how much he made is his busness, how much he
> wrote, don't you think we should know? Why a secrecy agreement?

You know Laz, I could give a fuck what Myers made. For the record, if
he received a $1 dollar he was overpaid....

Myers has stated on-camera; "case closed", based on his incredible
animation & findings, LMAO! If Myer's can't deliver all his Lightwave
Zapruder film project files to be reviewed by peers at par AND well
above his, Myers, stature and talent. Dale Myers's Zapruder film/
animation and his project support website is **mere** opinion!

Now, we find the guy deep in the Reclaiming History publishing
failure.....WHAT ELSE?

For infantile YoHavey, there's NO firstly's dolt! I'm absolutely
certain Myer's reads this forum, specifically the past few day's! ALL
Lone Nutter's & CT's who have a long history re the cluster fuck
called the WCR, do. They read this forum regular (whether they admit
it or not), this is the Grand Daddy of them all, son - numero uno...
The very definition as to WHY you, YoHarvey, your sorry ass is here...

YoHarvey

Mar 14, 2008, 2:20:07 PM3/14/08

Can anybody discern wtf this idiot just typed????

Todd W. Vaughan

Mar 15, 2008, 7:45:37 AM3/15/08

Hey Tort,

Lots of people helped Dale, and he acknowledged them in his book. I
didn't get paid a cent, I was happy to help him for free.

I did get a free copy of the book, and paid for a second copy.

Do you have the book, David?

now we have it
> that Myers wrote 1/3rd of Bugliosi's cinder-block, Dale also wrote a
> 10,000 word FAQ section on his website -- no-back peddling Myers. Dale
> Myers, all you have to do is allow your industry* peers to review your
> Zapruder Film  Lightwave animation project file, the ENTIRE project
> file (complete with texture maps....Time to clean up your image
>

> > Right, Mr. Lifton?
>

> > David Von Pein- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Mar 15, 2008, 8:16:19 AM3/15/08

http://jfkresearch.com/forum3/index.php?topic=5093.0

KOOK HEALY BLATHERED:

>>> "I bet when HBO cranks up the temperature concerning the production of Bugliosi's boat anchor (or cinder-block whichever you prefer) you're going to see Myers name all over it. Associate Producer, Creative Producer, Head Animator, On-camera daBug water boy and if he's attentive enough to the big boys, a writing credit. Then and only THEN will he get out of Michigan and head for the really big-time, Salt lake City... LMAO! That EMMY he won will eventualy weigh him down.... he'll be begging for the good old day's before he knows it. Fill us in Todd Vaughan, shutting Myers (as a ghost writer for Reclaiming History) up with a few hundred grand killing the poor old guy, eh? This entire farce simply get more farcical as time goes on... The Lone Nutter's can't even write a damn book. That David Lifton is everywhere and anywhere, contacts abound. LMFAO." <<<

DVP SAID:

What's remarkable is that anyone would continue to place a single bit
of faith in ANY of Mr. Lifton's "ghostwriting" claims after Lifton has
been shown without a shred of a doubt to be full of crap with respect
to Pat Lambert, a person who Lifton was absolutely POSITIVE (in May
2007) had written the ENTIRE "Garrison" chapter of VB's book.

Lifton was proven dead-wrong with regard to Ms. Lambert, but David
Healy will nevertheless continue to prop up Mr. Lifton as the Holy
Grail of Truth when it comes to additional RH/VB "ghostwriting"
charges.

The conspiracy kooks of the world never, EVER fail to display their
boundless amounts of illogic with respect to virtually all aspects of
the JFK case.

YoHarvey

Mar 15, 2008, 8:37:43 AM3/15/08

DVP? They NEED conspiracy as if it was the air they breath. They
have nothing else to live for.