Help please

taral...@mailinator.com

Jun 2, 2009, 2:29:12 PM6/2/09
I have read many different reviews on Mr. Bugliosi's book Reclaiming
History. Most are very positive.

My question then is what will I get out of the book should I decided
to invest the time reading it?

David Von Pein

Jun 2, 2009, 5:32:33 PM6/2/09

>>> "I have read many different reviews on Mr. Bugliosi's book, Reclaiming History. Most are very positive. My question then is: what will I get out of the book should I decide to invest the time reading it?" <<<

Hi Tara,

If you decide to read "Reclaiming History" (and every person with a
deep interest in the JFK case should definitely read it, in my
opinion), you will be exposed to THE most comprehensive book about
President Kennedy's assassination that has ever been published.

Virtually every JFK conspiracy theory is placed into the trash heap of
history by Mr. Bugliosi (which is, of course, where all of those
theories have belonged in the first place). And Vince provides ample
citations (and common sense) to back up what he says--every step of
the way.

You'll also be treated to some first-rate humor, as Bugliosi skewers
and lampoons everybody from David Lifton to John Armstrong to Oliver
Stone to Jim Garrison to a crazy-all-all-get-out Government
photographer named Joe O'Donnell. (I recently started a forum thread
about O'Donnell's lies and fairy tales; it's linked below.)

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_thread/thread/35fb86fcb65385fe

Naturally, almost all conspiracy theorists strongly disagree with the
things I've said above about Mr. Bugliosi's magnificent book known as
"Reclaiming History". But, to borrow part of a quote from one of my
favorite fellow LNers, "Bud" (I think I got most of this from Bud
anyway) --- The irrational and speculative ramblings of a bunch of
conspiracy kooks couldn't possibly matter less in the long run.

Bud also offered up the following very good evaluation of the "kooks"
who populate forums like alt.conspiracy.jfk:

"My take is that the problems of the [JFK] case don't lie with
the case itself, but with the kooks. That is where the focus needs to
be, at the source of the problem, not at its many manifestations. And
thats why Ben [Holmes] won't talk with me, because I don't play by his
rules, fight on the ground he chooses, or focus on what he decides
should be focused on." -- Bud; June 11, 2006 (original post linked
below)

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d2cb3ed9b32d1dd8

Back to "Reclaiming History" ---

I think you will enjoy Vince Bugliosi's book immensely, Tara, if you
choose to read it.

Or, instead of reading the whole 2,800-page book and CD-ROM, you could
just save your money and read my review of the book (linked below). My
review is only 2,500 pages long. ~wink~

www.HomeTheaterForum.com/htf/3200858-post.html

"Waiting for the conspiracy theorists to tell the truth is a
little like leaving the front-porch light on for Jimmy Hoffa." --
Vince Bugliosi; Page xiv of "RH"

=================================

MORE "RECLAIMING HISTORY" STUFF:

www.google.com/group/reclaiming-history/topics?tsc=1

www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C1BE7E1B8F16F8C2

www.box.net/static/flash/box_explorer.swf?widgetHash=7f8im4pic0&v=1

=================================

Gil Jesus

Jun 3, 2009, 7:54:14 AM6/3/09

A lot of toilet paper.

taral...@mailinator.com

Jun 3, 2009, 10:53:30 AM6/3/09

Good to know a conspiracy theorist has read the book. Could you
please critique it for me? What specifically do you dispute?

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jun 6, 2009, 6:01:01 AM6/6/09

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/cb58781ce8d6c7ce

>>> "Bud, when you answer questions with questions you show how impotent your position really is." <<<

What good would lengthier and more drawn-out, detailed answers do you
kooks anyway? You're still going to believe in the make-believe
conspiracy you've always believed in -- no matter what any LNer says.

The above fact is obvious in the wake of Vincent Bugliosi's
magnificent and all-encompassing treatment of the JFK case and its
dozens upon dozens of idiotic conspiracy-flavored theories. Vince lays
out the case for Oswald's lone guilt in the JFK and J.D. Tippit
murders in very healthy doses....but what good does it do kooks like
the ones here at acj?

Answer: No good at all. The Kook Brigade will just sidestep all of the
pro-LN stuff in "Reclaiming History" and latch on to the very few
things that VB didn't cover the way a kook thinks it SHOULD have been
covered, and--Voila!--there's the CTers' loophole that they'll use to
disregard all of the other powerful evidence of LNism that DOES reside
within the pages of Mr. Bugliosi's fabulous tome.

Bud, of course, predicted that that very thing would, indeed,
occur....even long before VB's book was published.

I, on the other hand, like a fool I suppose (or maybe it was just
giving the CT-Kooks too much credit for being able to finally see the
obvious), actually stated my belief back in 2004 and 2005 that
Vincent's book would, indeed, turn a few CT-Kooks into reasonable-
thinking lone-assassin believers.

But around these parts, other than Vince Palamara*, I don't see any
signs of any CTers growing any brain cells as a result of VB's 21-year-
long effort. (Partly due to the fact, no doubt, that no CTer here has
even bothered to read all of VB's book.)

* = And as I've said before in other posts, I have my doubts that
Palamara made the full-fledged turn toward 100% sanity and the LN
position, because I don't think he ever did....or ever will.

Anyway, LNers have provided lengthier answers to the questions that
the conspiracy kooks continue to recycle year after year....like my
two posts below. But, as VB has said in the past, talking to a CTer is
like talking to a man without ears. .....

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/6db9ac1c27e26e32

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/43b260d8af96ca00

a1e...@verizon.net

Jun 6, 2009, 7:05:51 AM6/6/09
On Jun 2, 2:29 pm, taralac...@mailinator.com wrote:

Older.

Herbert

David Von Pein

Jun 6, 2009, 7:16:35 AM6/6/09

>>> "Hey there Dave, have you had a chance to rebut [Jim] Fetzer's review of [Vincent Bugliosi's] book (attached) or read his "reasoning" article? If you have and it's on the web somewhere, drop me the link. /s/James .... PS: btw, he emailed these to me after I shot an email to him re his views of the assassination. .... PSS: good job rebutting Pat Speer's ridiculous "logic" on Myers' graphics presentation." <<<

Hi James,

I think I've seen those two Fetzer articles you sent me [linked
below]. .....

www.assassinationscience.com/ReasoningAboutAssassinations.pdf

www.assassinationscience.com/v5n1fetzer.pdf

It's all total crap, of course, with Dr. Fetzer seemingly pulling out
every last tired and already-trashed conspiracy theory in existence
since '64 to try and prove his case for a massive plot to kill JFK.
(Plus the newer nonsense about the Z-Film being "wholly fabricated",
which is a theory that's always good for a robust giggle or two.)

A couple of my favorite laugh-inducing passages from Fetzer's review
of Vincent Bugliosi's book are these:

"While he [Bugliosi] claims to have 53 items of evidence
incriminating Oswald, he also dismisses indications that most if not
all of them appear to be planted, faked or fabricated." -- JHF

"Mantik has demonstrated that, given the wound to the back and
the wound to the throat combined with two wounds to the head (one from
behind and one from in front), JFK was hit at least four times." --
JHF

Imagine that, folks! JFK was hit TWICE as many times as the three
autopsists said he was! And the President was hit TWICE as many times
("at least"!) as BOTH Government investigative panels (the WC and the
HSCA) determined he was hit!

But Fetzer and Mantik know the truth! President Kennedy was hit by "at
least" FOUR bullets on 11/22/63!

I guess the massive "cover-up" did no good after all, huh? It's all
come unraveled due to the persistent digging of truth-seekers like Dr.
Fetzer and Dr. Mantik.

And here's another amazing "IMAGINE THAT!" moment!:

Fetzer is telling us that there are very likely 53 separate pieces of
"planted", "faked", and/or "fabricated" evidence connected with the
murders of John F. Kennedy and J.D. Tippit -- all leading to the same
guy ("Patsy Oswald")!

Whew! Those plotters deserve not only an Academy Award....they have
also earned a lifetime vacation in the Bahamas! Because NO covert
mission in history could possibly have been more tiring and taxing
than the one carried out by those amazing conspirators in Dallas who
assembled all of that "fabricated" stuff to frame that poor schnook
named Lee Harvey!

And there must have been HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of them, working
in perfect unison with one another to make the "fabrication" of all 53
pieces of evidence flow seamlessly together.

For some mysterious reason, Mr. Fetzer seems to think that arranging
53 pieces of FALSE evidence against a single man named Oswald is a
fairly-simple task. And, incredibly, Mr. Fetzer evidently thinks that
his current belief (i.e., his belief that virtually ALL of the
evidence in the JFK case has been "planted, faked or fabricated") is a
MORE REASONABLE thing to believe than to simply believe in Lee Harvey
Oswald's guilt.

Somebody check on William of Occam (of "Occam's Razor" fame). For, he
is surely performing a series of cartwheels in his grave at this
moment.

Also.....

Dr. Fetzer's charge that his pro-conspiracy conclusions in his three
assassination books have been totally "ignored" by Vincent Bugliosi in
VB's book "Reclaiming History" is just flat-out silly.

This is similar to the equally-false allegation--put forth by a
certain Mr. Ben Holmes on the Internet--that Mr. Bugliosi has totally
ignored and/or sidestepped all 16 of Fetzer's "Smoking Guns".

But the truth is: Bugliosi doesn't just completely IGNORE the
conspiracy-slanted allegations put forth in Fetzer's books; nor has
Vince "ignored" the main points that Fetzer focuses on in his absurd
"16 Smoking Guns" list.

Evidently, people like Fetzer and Holmes must think that because
Bugliosi decided not to call one of his chapters in his JFK book
"Debunking All Of James Fetzer's Theories, One-By-One", this therefore
means (per those kooks) that Vince has totally "ignored" the
individual conspiracy theories set forth in Fetzer's three books and
in his "Smoking Guns" laundry list (linked below).

www.assassinationscience.com/prologue.html

But this, of course, is nonsense of the first (kook) order. Because as
I fully illustrate within the two Internet posts linked below, Vincent
Bugliosi, in "Reclaiming History", has most certainly addressed,
confronted, and knocked down ALL of the theories and allegations put
on the table by Dr. Fetzer (and virtually all other major conspiracy
authors).

And while it's true that Vince hasn't done this theory-debunking with
specific chapters in his book devoted solely to Super-Kook James H.
Fetzer, the theories espoused by Fetzer are most certainly still
addressed and covered SOMEWHERE within Mr. Bugliosi's massive book
(and the accompanying CD-ROM full of Endnotes). Several examples are
provided below (including a section on the ultra-ridiculous "Zapruder
Film Alteration" theory):

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/43b260d8af96ca00

www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/3200858-post.html

David Von Pein