TEXT EXCERPTS FROM DAVID WOLPER'S 1964 MOVIE "FOUR DAYS IN NOVEMBER"

David Von Pein

May 7, 2008, 8:36:36 PM5/7/08

www.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/be8a6acba7043ca8/0b86ca7b8b1f12a4?#0b86ca7b8b1f12a4

>>> "Various posters are claiming that Frazier and Oswald never talked. Yet Frazier goes into depth about how they were discussing why Oswald wanted the ride out to Irving on Thursday afternoon." <<<

RELATED TOPIC (re: Lee Oswald and Wesley Frazier talking to each
other)......

During the filming of David L. Wolper's 1964 United Artists feature
motion picture, "Four Days In November", Buell Wesley Frazier made the
following comments concerning the paper package and the conversation
that took place between Frazier and his soon-to-be-famous passenger,
Lee Harvey Oswald, during their drive to work from Irving to downtown
Dallas on the morning of November 22, 1963:

"I went out the back door; Lee was standing just outside the
door; and we walked to the car. As we were getting in the car, I saw
the package; and I said 'What's the package, Lee?', and Lee said
'curtain rods'. ....

"The only comment that was made on the way to work was about
babies and the weather. I always managed to get some comment out of
him [Oswald] about children, because he seemed like he was very fond
of them. And I asked him, 'Did he have fun playing with the babies?'
And he says, 'Oh, yeah' and kinda chuckled to himself. ....

"About the only other comment that was made was about the
weather. It was a hazy day, and we both said if it didn't clear up it
was sure gonna be a bad day."

[A little later, after re-creating the drive from Frazier's home in
Irving to the Texas School Book Depository's employee parking lot....]

"He [Oswald] got out of the car, see, and picked up the package
while I was charging my battery, see. The battery needed charging
pretty bad. And then when I got out of the car, and [was] fixin' to
shut the door, he started walking a little bit faster. And he finally
got about fifty feet ahead of me."

-- Buell Wesley Frazier; 1964

SOME MORE "FOUR DAYS"-RELATED LINKS:

RE: LINNIE MAE RANDLE.....
www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/26dc3e0fa846d7c2

RE: EARLENE ROBERTS.....
www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/cdb59ea613fbb360

RE: JOHNNY BREWER.....
www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/1d700d613b24bb59

RE: WILLIAM WHALEY.....
www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/4095b2384a9c4699
www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d8c409502a6b2c4b

www.amazon.com/FOUR-DAYS-DVP/review/R1ACSVLKDMJIL2

www.amazon.com/FOUR-DAYS-DVP/review/RW4LAECVAW7I9

www.amazon.com/Four-Days-In-November/dp/6301969308

www.DavidVonPein.blogspot.com

David Von Pein

May 11, 2008, 2:53:32 AM5/11/08
>>> "I don't have any specific information [regarding the production schedule of the proposed HBO mini-series based on Vincent Bugliosi's book "Reclaiming History"], but bear in mind that David McCullough's book John Adams was published in 2001, and the miniseries just aired. It may be quite a while before cameras turn on Reclaiming History. Release dates change many times for films that are in development. Also, many movies and miniseries are "announced" that end up unmade or unaired. .... I look forward to seeing Reclaiming History on HBO, but a lot can happen between now and principle [sic] photography. .... Needless to say, there will no doubt be many conspiracy buffs who will eagerly post how it will never see the light of day, but they don't know anything either." <<<

When this topic comes up, I always get a kick out of re-posting the
quote below by Debra Conway (the head of the JFK-Lancer Forum). It's a
quote that was 100% false when she wrote it in June 2007, and is still
false as of this writing in May 2008:

"Inside sources tell me the HBO project is dead, wasn't really
ever alive. I even took down the petition -- but I am still mailing it
to Playtone." -- Debra Conway; JFK-Lancer; 06/27/2007 *

Original Conway post:

www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=60365&mesg_id=60365&page=1#60381

* = And keep in mind that Conway made the above bold statement a mere
20 days after HBO & Playtone initially announced that a mini-series
for "RH" was in the works.

So, Debra evidently thought that HBO/Playtone would announce something
to the world as being "in the works" on June 7th, and within 3 weeks
of such an initial announcement, they would completely scrap the
entire project which had barely even been announced.

Weird.

"I asked {Tom} Hanks, when do you want this {10-hour miniseries}
to come out, and he said 2010. And I said, I'm glad you said 2010,
because if you'd have said 2008, I'd be worried. ... If he had said
2008, I would have known that he couldn't have done justice to it. But
he wants to make it something that's going to shake up America. And I
think it is." -- Vincent Bugliosi; 07/23/2007; Via Radio Interview on
KTLK-FM, Minneapolis, MN

www.box.net/shared/pz1qr8yog8

David Von Pein

May 12, 2008, 4:03:33 AM5/12/08

"RECLAIMING HISTORY: THE MINI-SERIES" BANTER........

www.imdb.com/title/tt1109300

>>> "I am conflicted as to the 2010 scheduled air date for Reclaiming History. On the one hand I am glad they are not rushing it out. On the other hand, I want it to be 2010 NOW!!!! With Tom Hanks' development muscle behind it, I have no doubt this will see air. The sheer scope of the project may push it back perhaps a year or so, but I have no doubt it will air. I can see the actual project going one of two ways: 1) An investigative procedural with Bugliosi as the main character winding his way through all the information and it being presented dramatically. That would mean one episode would be devoted to the actual event of the assassination. A second would be devoted to the medical evidence, a third being devoted to Oswald's history and so on and so forth. .... 2) Or as possibly a chronological look at the case through the years. .... I think #1 is the likeliest portrayal. And I do like Zeljko Ivanek as Bugliosi. Bill Paxton is the real force behind getting this made. And I could totally see him as Dallas DA Bill Alexander. And for Lee Harvey I see either James Mcavoy or Ethan Embry." <<<

Your #1 option is not likely to come to fruition, John....mainly
because of information that came out in 2007 about Bugliosi himself
appearing in an additional HBO documentary-type program (apart from
the 10-hr. mini-series itself).

I doubt they would be contemplating a VB documentary add-on program if
the entire 10-hr. series was to be done in a "docu." style, with an
actor playing Vince.

And your #2 option is unlikely as well. Why? Because a fellow LNer--
Todd Vaughan--informed me last year that Bugliosi's upcoming (late May
2008) paperback "Four Days In November" (which is strictly a re-
release of the first chapter only of "Reclaiming History", telling the
detailed story of the events of those 4 days) is going to be used as a
kind of "working script" for Tom Hanks & Company in the making of the
mini-series.

"My understanding is that it will in fact be a version of the
Four Days chapter and that this release will help set up the HBO
series which will be based on the Four Days chapter." -- Todd Vaughan;
11/20/2007

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_thread/thread/b463bb88713acb10/938361af0cd95890?#938361af0cd95890

This would indicate an historic telling of those four days in the mini-
series (or certainly the first 3 days, possibly culminating with Ruby
shooting Oswald).

I like that idea best. It would be nice seeing November 22 unfold as
it really did happen, sans all the Oliver Stone-purported nonsense
about assassins carrying toolboxes (to hide rifles) sneaking up to the
Sniper's Nest (unnoticed) and then planting evidence all over God's
creation after the shooting, etc.

I think Andy Griffith would be very good as crusty DPD Captain Will
Fritz ("This case is cinched!"). :)